Login/Join

waggish jackanape
Picture of Royko
posted Hide Post
*hugs Library Lady*

---------------------------------------------------------------
So fluffy you could die.
(blog)

Posts: 6919 | Location: Chicago | Registered: October 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Adoration of the Modii
Picture of Masque
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by library lady:
Seems kind of strange to be posting here, but my mother died last Thursday. It was not unexpected, but I still am not sure how to respond to it all. This board has alot of kind and wonderful people, so I thought I would say something.

Dana???

Still Hugs!

-- Give a man a fish, he eats for the day; Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime; Teach that man to cook, and he can feed the world....
Head chef in the Realm of Procrastination and Unproductivity, Dp.u.: "You want fries with that?"
Holder for the Golden Pineapple Pin.
------------------------------------------------
If it is on the plate, its food. If it crawls off the plate; Kill it and put it back on the plate.
------------------------------------
I love small furry creatures; especially in a good sauce.

Posts: 13941 | Location: In the Kitchen, Cooking Something. | Registered: March 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
Picture of His Noodle Girl
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear that, Library Lady.
Thinking of you and wishing you strength and lots of people to hug you and support you.

__
I like it maybe 63 percent!

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Runs with wolves, yahr!
Picture of Lady Jasmine
posted Hide Post
I just found out my Unca Stewie died on Sunday night...

Fair winds and gentle seas Uncle, you'll be missed

~You're in the Moulin Rouge babe! Your next month's rent depends on it!~

~We'd be so lost...if we weren't 'us'"~

Posts: 4142 | Location: Enchanted Mists | Registered: May 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
of the sparkly hair brigade
Picture of del74
posted Hide Post
::hugs lady k::

The 75 Delirians?
Umm well, number 2 is off sick, 38 is suffering from a mild case of sanity, and 74 has

run off to the world of men to spread sparkly gigglepops to their drab civilization.
Is she nuts?
Oh yes, she scored very highly on the entrance exam!

Posts: 3128 | Location: springfield, il, 62703 | Registered: August 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
of the sparkly hair brigade
Picture of del74
posted Hide Post
i meant j, dont know where k came from.....i really am sorry love

The 75 Delirians?
Umm well, number 2 is off sick, 38 is suffering from a mild case of sanity, and 74 has

run off to the world of men to spread sparkly gigglepops to their drab civilization.
Is she nuts?
Oh yes, she scored very highly on the entrance exam!

Posts: 3128 | Location: springfield, il, 62703 | Registered: August 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
They're right next door to each other on the keyboard. Smile

*hugs for Lady Jasmine*

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Runs with wolves, yahr!
Picture of Lady Jasmine
posted Hide Post
Thanks..

This is the second family death I've been out of the country for. And this one is hitting me harder than I wanted...Uncle Stuart was...he was...the last living link I had to my Grandmother, and somehow with him gone, it drives home that she's really gone too...even though she's been gone for years now it still....

Let's just say I'm not dealing with it as well as I'd like to be...

~You're in the Moulin Rouge babe! Your next month's rent depends on it!~

~We'd be so lost...if we weren't 'us'"~

Posts: 4142 | Location: Enchanted Mists | Registered: May 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is tired of these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane
Picture of general punk, MA
posted Hide Post
*hugs dude*

High Ranking Official of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination,
Dean of the UUP, First Class member of the order of the Pineapple.
-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahr, fear the power of the elf-man!
Picture of Lan Martak
posted Hide Post
*hugs for Lady Jasmine*

and

*hugs for Library Lady*

I wish I could offer more than for you both to know you are in my thoughts.

Posts: 15887 | Location: The Cenotaph road and Oh-Hi-Oh | Registered: October 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
*hugs for lady j*

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20599 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Adoration of the Modii
Picture of Masque
posted Hide Post
*Hugs Lady J and LL*

-- Give a man a fish, he eats for the day; Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime; Teach that man to cook, and he can feed the world....
Head chef in the Realm of Procrastination and Unproductivity, Dp.u.: "You want fries with that?"
If it is on the plate, its food. If it crawls off the plate; Kill it and put it back on the plate.

Posts: 13941 | Location: In the Kitchen, Cooking Something. | Registered: March 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that Lady Jasmine and Library Lady.

*hugs for both*

Posts: 24 | Registered: September 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Jasmine:
Thanks..

This is the second family death I've been out of the country for. And this one is hitting me harder than I wanted...Uncle Stuart was...he was...the last living link I had to my Grandmother, and somehow with him gone, it drives home that she's really gone too...even though she's been gone for years now it still....

Let's just say I'm not dealing with it as well as I'd like to be...

*hugs tight*

It's hard to be apart from the family at times like these- everything else about being homesick comes crashing in.
So, maybe do what you do so well? Write. About them, what you remember, stories they told and especially things that can make you laugh a little.

Love you Jas.

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24418 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
Larry Gelbart

This was a man who really knew that smart=funny, and that a little pathos could enhance the whole story.

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24418 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misused handkerchief mender
Picture of SGT Crash
posted Hide Post
My uncle died from complications of Parkinson's when I was in BCT. His memorial is tomorrow. I can't think of how to describe him, he was a great man and will be very much missed.

"You guys are nuts" Homer Jay Simpson

Head of the Department of Theoretical and Advanced Methods of Procrastination and Overseer of Laziness Studies at the UUP

Posts: 3647 | Location: Bottom of a bottle of Mt. Dew | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
Ach, Capt'n Crash, I'm really sorry to hear that.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all. this has been a hard week. The service is tomorrow, then sunday I can go home. My son flew in from CT and that has helped a lot.

*hugs* to all the others needing this thread.

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Adoration of the Modii
Picture of Masque
posted Hide Post
Hugs to Capt. Crash and LL (who finds it eerily weird that she is having services tomorrow and so are my cousins)

Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
Larry Gelbart

R*I*P

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20599 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post