Find
Notify
Tools

Deaths
 Login/Join

Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
Maybe not, but chronic fatigue and stress didn't help things either.

Posts: 32901 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no knowledge of the Munich Incident, so stop asking
Picture of Wayfarer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5864 | Location: The Cast Iron Shore | Registered: September 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assistant *fwap*er
Picture of Giabow
posted Hide Post
*hugs Waspy*

The only really sane person in there is Igor, and possibly the turnip. And I'm not so sure about the turnip.
~~ Terry Pratchett

Posts: 25464 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
shit, dude. Maybe the liquidators will be able to offer some of that pay to staff though - keep your ears open for how to claim.

Posts: 20852 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sittin' at the dock of the Bayeaux Tapestry
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
*hugs Waspy*

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35359 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
That sucks, Waspy, for you and all your co-workers.

I can't help feeling that they should at least offer you stock to knock out on eBay - although I doubt the liquidators will see it that way, unfortunately.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wayfarer
posted Hide Post
Well, judging from the e-mails I've seen , I think stock that was n't on the system due to glitches has been 'liberated'.
What's the difference between liquidation, insolvency and administration?
I'm assuming there is one?
Thanks for all the hugs everyone -it helps!

Posts: 5864 | Location: The Cast Iron Shore | Registered: September 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
I think if you're insolvent, you go into administration, and the administrators liquidate you...

Posts: 20852 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wayfarer
posted Hide Post
So I have this link, but I'm not sure whether you go buy where the company was based or the area you actually worked in?

Archus dracomagii
Picture of Chomiji
posted Hide Post
Oooh, nasty, Waspfearer! >hugs!<

(I don't know anything about unemployment in UK, sorry!)

- Cho

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
You are a Confectioner. Who can take a sunrise and sprinkle it with dew? Actually, that's Bob The Enchanter, two doors down on the left. But you make delectable treats, which is no simple feat considering Oompa Loompas won't be invented for three centuries. Not only do you delight with your sweets, but you've paved the way for a new profession: dentistry!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
the blog thing: From an Ayewards World ...

Posts: 2603 | Location: Takoma Park, MD, USA | Registered: June 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cassiopeia
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, Wasp.

Is there any way you might still get your salary (or part of it) later? I think when our national airline went bankrupt they later gave people at least part of their wages, although I think by then they were already several months behind...

Sucks.

Posts: 5814 | Location: Behind bars - chocolate bars | Registered: April 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vampiric Scottie-bat trainer

posted Hide Post
belated *hugs* aplenty
Frown I'm so sorry, Waspy...
Let's hope they give you a good report card at least, or something in that vein.

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Xine
posted Hide Post
A couple days late, but my former boss, Beverly Sills, aka Bubbles. I knew she was really, really sick as of last week, but thought I'd have more time to send along a note or flowers. I was really proud to have been part of her secret fabulous redhead club. She was a diva, through and through.

Posts: 9275 | Registered: November 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Composer-in-training
Picture of Grand
posted Hide Post
How was she your "former boss," Xine?

I follow classical music, but I had never heard of her until I saw her obituary on the news. She must not have been good enough to be immortalized, and her prime must have ended some time ago. So many good artists fade into obscurity, and it's quite sad.

Posts: 5530 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: June 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Xine
posted Hide Post
You've never heard of her? You need to go find some recordings and quick. She's one of the most brilliant Coloraturas...ever. She swept through passages only angels could find. She was the Chairwoman of Lincoln Center for many years. I worked in her office there.

Assistant *fwap*er
Picture of Giabow
posted Hide Post
A couple of days late, Xine? I just heard about it on the news this morning.

The only really sane person in there is Igor, and possibly the turnip. And I'm not so sure about the turnip.
~~ Terry Pratchett

Posts: 25464 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
Grand never heard of Sills?

Wow, my world view just went all askew,

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24418 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Xine
posted Hide Post
Okay, one, sorry for the mistake. I've been on alert since last week, really thought there'd be more time. I know, Bee Smile

is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
Frown I heard about it this morning. Some people seem immortal and then...

~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~
Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10997 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Composer-in-training
Picture of Grand
posted Hide Post
I hath been shamed!

Posts: 5530 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: June 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post