Page 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 221
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deaths
 Login/Join

Wolf 359? We gotcher Wolf 359 right here!
Picture of The Intellectual Crowligans
posted Hide Post
Man, it's been a bad day:

Tom Snyder

It could be CG. It could be IH. We're not even sure...

Posts: 58 | Location: Space | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Domitella:
Oh! he did die! I thought I heard it this morning, but then they didn't say it in the news at lunch I thought I'd imagined it!

I absolutely must get round to seeing the Seventh Seal. It's been on my list for a while...
You must, you must. It's deliciously depressing!

~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~
Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10997 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
none more black
Picture of mudpuppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ingmar Bergman My favorite movie is The Seventh Seal.

My favorite is Winter Light. Frown

Posts: 4915 | Registered: July 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Domitella:
Mike Reid

I didn't know he'd done anything else...

and i clean forgot he did that until the news said Wink

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20599 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
Bill Walsh.

----
My baby is cuter than your baby!

Posts: 12872 | Registered: February 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Intellectual Crowligans:
Man, it's been a bad day:

Tom Snyder

*remembers those smoky Tomorrow Show interviews*

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24418 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
the guy who presented the sheep dog program and the guy who wrote all those colums and retired, like, tow weeks ago have died today as well.

Every news program today someone new is dead.

Posts: 20852 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Munk, The Wombat Confessor
posted Hide Post
The news guy who busted up the Best Little Whore House in Texas died. His name was Marvin Zindler.

----------------------------
"How do you get from here to the rest of the world?"

Posts: 3317 | Location: The Woodlands | Registered: April 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
Is death on holiday next week and trying to get work out of the way first? Jeez.

Posts: 20852 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Adoration of the Modii
Picture of Masque
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Munk, The Defective Bounty Hunter:
The news guy who busted up the Best Little Whore House in Texas died. His name was Marvin Zindler.

Yeesh I thought 'ol Marv died a long time ago... I think he was with Action News channel 13.. I remember the LaGrange Chicken Ranch.. and Marvin Zindler looked kookie..

-- Give a man a fish, he eats for the day; Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime; Teach that man to cook, and he can feed the world....
Head chef in the Realm of Procrastination and Unproductivity, Dp.u.: "You want fries with that?"
Holder for the Golden Pineapple Pin.
------------------------------------------------
If it is on the plate, its food. If it crawls off the plate; Kill it and put it back on the plate.
------------------------------------
I love small furry creatures; especially in a good sauce.

Posts: 13941 | Location: In the Kitchen, Cooking Something. | Registered: March 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Munk, The Wombat Confessor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Masque:
Yeesh I thought 'ol Marv died a long time ago... I think he was with Action News channel 13.. I remember the LaGrange Chicken Ranch.. and Marvin Zindler looked kookie..

He did die a long time ago. I think they were just using his skin to file news reports about sludge in the ice machine at different churches chicken locations for the last several years...

And yeah, he was one creepy looking guy. He always wore those freaky blue tinted glasses. I'm sure I'm gonna have a nightmare tonight just thinking about it.

----------------------------
"How do you get from here to the rest of the world?"

Posts: 3317 | Location: The Woodlands | Registered: April 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Adoration of the Modii
Picture of Masque
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Munk, The Defective Bounty Hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by Masque:

He did die a long time ago. I think they were just using his skin to file news reports about sludge in the ice machine at different churches chicken locations for the last several years...

And yeah, he was one creepy looking guy. He always wore those freaky blue tinted glasses. I'm sure I'm gonna have a nightmare tonight just thinking about it.

Marvin Zindler... Eyewitess News!

naw he didn't die.. well before now.. he was a fighting Texan all the way to the end.. Yai he was "creepy" flamboyantly so.. and I have to admit when I met him when I was 10 or 11 he made me jump with that slogan of his...

-- Give a man a fish, he eats for the day; Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime; Teach that man to cook, and he can feed the world....
Head chef in the Realm of Procrastination and Unproductivity, Dp.u.: "You want fries with that?"
Holder for the Golden Pineapple Pin.
------------------------------------------------
If it is on the plate, its food. If it crawls off the plate; Kill it and put it back on the plate.
------------------------------------
I love small furry creatures; especially in a good sauce.

Posts: 13941 | Location: In the Kitchen, Cooking Something. | Registered: March 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ex-Bay City Roller
Picture of $crooge Merlin mac $norri McDuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tongster:
Bill Walsh.

Wow, Bill's gone - that's sad. Frown

------------------------------------------

The fox: "One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes"

Go 49ers! Blues is Blood! Mr Elizabethanne

"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone which no man gives up but with life itself.

Posts: 1598 | Location: Kingdom of Alba | Registered: November 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Composer-in-training
Picture of Grand
posted Hide Post
Michelangelo Antonioni.

Two of the giants of cinema, Antonioni and Bergman, died on the same day. It's like Jefferson and Adams.

Posts: 5530 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: June 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assistant *fwap*er
Picture of Giabow
posted Hide Post
Tommy Makem

The only really sane person in there is Igor, and possibly the turnip. And I'm not so sure about the turnip.
~~ Terry Pratchett

Posts: 25464 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
Noooooooooooooooooooo! Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Weeble,

Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10997 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Starving artist doctor - well, not starving, but if you happen to have an extra biscuit lying around . . .
Picture of Causa Varmilly
posted Hide Post
Jesus. He was at Fiddler's Green last week.
That's so sad.

------------------------------
You are a Leprechaun. I'm not even sure what you are. Whiskey-soaked reports from your baffling Isle of Ire raise more questions than they answer. Are you a dwarf? Where's your pickax? If you're an elf, why don't you cobble? You'd think with all your gold, you could invest in some land, perhaps a title, and improve your station. Instead, you hide it in meteorologically-determined locations. You're getting killed on inflation, little friend!

Posts: 9036 | Location: Belfast, NI | Registered: April 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assistant *fwap*er
Picture of Giabow
posted Hide Post
I didn't realize he actually lived in Dover. We used to live there. I've worked a number of his shows over the years.
My favorite Tommy Makem moment:

SM:{over headset} Warning spotlight. Tommy entering from stage right.
Me: Warned.
SM: (whispered) Tommy, go. Tommy ... Tommy ... Tommy go. Tommy you're on. Tommy ... Tommy. {over headset} Okay, spotlight, here he comes. (whispered) Tommy ... Tommy. Tommy, go ... Go. Go! No, wait. Go! Tommy!
*Tommy enters*

The only really sane person in there is Igor, and possibly the turnip. And I'm not so sure about the turnip.
~~ Terry Pratchett

Posts: 25464 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Starving artist doctor - well, not starving, but if you happen to have an extra biscuit lying around . . .
Picture of Causa Varmilly
posted Hide Post
He used to be notorious for himself and Tommy Sands ganging up on people and making them do sets for Radio Ulster at no notice at Fiddler's Green. My favourite would be the year they phoned a friend at two to do a set at three and genuinely couldn't understand why she wanted to kill them both.

I went to school with his neice. He used to bring weird and wonderful stuff over from the US. I should phone her. Man.

------------------------------
You are a Leprechaun. I'm not even sure what you are. Whiskey-soaked reports from your baffling Isle of Ire raise more questions than they answer. Are you a dwarf? Where's your pickax? If you're an elf, why don't you cobble? You'd think with all your gold, you could invest in some land, perhaps a title, and improve your station. Instead, you hide it in meteorologically-determined locations. You're getting killed on inflation, little friend!

Posts: 9036 | Location: Belfast, NI | Registered: April 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
*continues wailing* Noooooooooo!

edit to add: someone IM'd me this link to a fairly recent version of Four Green Fields with Tommy Makem and The Makem and Spain Brothers, amazing how strong his voice was up to the very end.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Weeble,