Find
Notify
Tools

Deaths
 Login/Join

enlightened website user
Picture of the other duncan
posted Hide Post
I hope Piglet has someone he can snuggle with, too. (At least that looks like Piglet...)

~vibes~

(not his real name)

Posts: 6861 | Location: darned eff I know | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
My husband's cousin's wife has just died. She lived near San Fransisco with her husband and two sons, 19 & 16. So sad. She had cancer. Bastard cancer.

I only met her on fb. But she was going to get better and come and visit us this year and sleep on our couch. Her last post was a cancer sucks bracelet. It certainly does.

Rest in peace Missy. I do hope your family cope ok with their loss.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2723 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
So sorry, Motley.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48716 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is huge in Japan
Picture of Crow Girl
posted Hide Post
Jeff Hanneman (Slayer) I had hoped the spider bite he got a year or so ago would give him superpowers.

Posts: 6977 | Location: Fahrvergnügen | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
Ray Manzarek

My youth, dying incrementally.

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24418 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has a beaver that talks
Picture of supersnazz: fiend for rawk!
posted Hide Post
My youth, too, oddly enough.

The Musics: Mr. Fusion
The Writing: CBLDF Embloggenings

Posts: 15711 | Location: A few miles west of crazy... | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
Sadness, need to pull out my LPs.

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by supersnazz: fiend for rawk!:
My youth, too, oddly enough.

Very oddly.

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24418 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Traditional Dutch chocolatier
Picture of Lester Zombie
posted Hide Post
Iain M. Banks
News: Iain Banks dies of cancer aged 59

---------------------------------
Things never were what they used to be.

Posts: 2361 | Registered: June 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Traditional Dutch chocolatier
Picture of Lester Zombie
posted Hide Post
Iain M. Banks
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22835047

---------------------------------
Things never were what they used to be.

Posts: 2361 | Registered: June 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
Sadness.

+++

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Goofy Beast
Picture of Thirith & His Enormous Tibia
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lester Zombie:
Iain M. Banks
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22835047

The Guardian published the last interview with Banks: http://www.guardian.co.uk/book...-the-final-interview

Posts: 10887 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: September 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Goofy Beast
Picture of Thirith & His Enormous Tibia
posted Hide Post
RIP James Gandolfini.

Posts: 10887 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: September 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
of the sparkly hair brigade
Picture of del74
posted Hide Post
alrighty my dears. I have been friends with this family for the majority of my adult life. They lost their youngest in an accident that didn't have to happen, and as i type this i cannot keep the tears from running down my cheeks. they gave me a job when i needed it, support for my anorexia and bulimia and were supportive throughout my recovery and battle with depression. they made an indelible impact on me...i know you dont know them, but i also know that you are the most compassionate group of people in the world....please send out vibes, thoughts, prayers, wiccan rituals, anything you can do to help the alfano's........

http://www.wlds.com/news/1337-...-one-injures-another

The 75 Delirians?
Umm well, number 2 is off sick, 38 is suffering from a mild case of sanity, and 74 has

run off to the world of men to spread sparkly gigglepops to their drab civilization.
Is she nuts?
Oh yes, she scored very highly on the entrance exam!

Posts: 3128 | Location: springfield, il, 62703 | Registered: August 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
Hugs---

+++

Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Hugs Del. It's sad when someone old dies but we all know that happens and it's always difficult and a shock, but then someone that young dies, it's just awful. xxxx

Thinking of you.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2723 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
My last standing grandparent, Grandma Doris, got her wish this morning and passed away. She'd rallyed a little bit in the last month after about a year and a half of being pretty sick. She was my favorite Grandma when I was a kid, and although she certainly had her faults, she was so loving of her family. The last time I saw her, I was two months shy of being pregnant with Millie. She's loved seeing pictures of our little girl. And 95 years ain't bad.

I'm going to miss her, but I know she's been ready to go for the past 3 or more years. I loved her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8106 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jocelyn:
My last standing grandparent, Grandma Doris, got her wish this morning and passed away. She'd rallyed a little bit in the last month after about a year and a half of being pretty sick. She was my favorite Grandma when I was a kid, and although she certainly had her faults, she was so loving of her family. The last time I saw her, I was two months shy of being pregnant with Millie. She's loved seeing pictures of our little girl. And 95 years ain't bad.

I'm going to miss her, but I know she's been ready to go for the past 3 or more years. I loved her.

*hugs*

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
mutant hedgehog worm
Picture of halucinagenia
posted Hide Post
*hugs* Jocelyn I'm sorry

My Nana is in a vegetative state since her last stroke a few weeks ago, in my mind she is gone, but I don't know if her body actually dying will affect me still.

Posts: 9896 | Location: The heart of gold | Registered: July 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, Hal, I know you were close, and were happy that they were able to be at your wedding. I'm trying to focus on the happy memories. Hard to do that when you know she's still in the hospital though.

*hugs*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8106 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post