Find
Notify
Tools

Deaths
 Login/Join

Adoration of the Modii
Picture of Masque
posted Hide Post
rambling is a common effect.. you care for your aunt, but your uncle meant more to you than you realize.. you say that you didn't have a lot in common, but I bet those commonalities were big ones... like the love for your aunt...

you also should suggest the quilt shop to her... when one is grieving, one needs to be reminded of things that bring joy...

-- Give a man a fish, he eats for the day; Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime; Teach that man to cook, and he can feed the world....
Head chef in the Realm of Procrastination and Unproductivity, Dp.u.: "You want fries with that?"
Holder for the Golden Pineapple Pin.
------------------------------------------------
If it is on the plate, its food. If it crawls off the plate; Kill it and put it back on the plate.
------------------------------------
I love small furry creatures; especially in a good sauce.

Posts: 13941 | Location: In the Kitchen, Cooking Something. | Registered: March 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
lives deliberately
Picture of Alaura
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JP:
My Uncle Rick finally succumbed to his cancer last night. He'd been battling it for about a year and a half. Had it licked for a time, til it came back with a vengeance. Over the holidays we knew it was a matter of when not if, a matter of months not years. They'd just called hospice to have someone come in, thinking it would be by the end of the week. Guess he really wasn't interested in hospice.

We weren't close. We didn't have a lot in common. He was my aunt's second husband, they got married after I'd been well moved away, so didn't see him but once or twice a year at best. But he was a nice guy, and was perfect for my aunt, and he'll be missed.

I'm really sad for my aunt. They did everything together, and their interests were pretty much shared interests. I'm not sure what she's going to do without him around. Hopefully once things are settled she'll come spend some time with my mom and hang out at the quilt shop. They're very close, the time together will be good, and the quilt shop will give my aunt something fun to do. Heh, I'm rambling. Those of you that have known me over the years know I get like this when things like this happen.

*hugs for the Jeep Clan* *vibes for Jeep's Aunt*

ego forceps ergo ego forceps

"Chives?"�
"Yes, m'lud?"�
"Is that Ms Ephemera hovering over the croquet lawn?"�
"Indeed m'lud. She's marshalled all the haggle-dans. Missy-twigs and vale-nymphs from Claypole Woods. Apparently she intends to tear this house down and dance on the ruins."�
"Well, Chives, you'd better start the car, what? And pack my tennis things too"�
--- Joe 3Heads

Posts: 11426 | Location: In a perpetual state of Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Part-time avant garde shrubbery inspector who breaths fire and lets out a mighty YAHR!
Picture of ladykatza
posted Hide Post
JP, I feel you. *HUGS from the Lady K*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Discordian Priestess, Keeper of the Golden Pine-Apple.

Has Been Assimilated.

blog or not

Posts: 8877 | Location: ain't from 'round these parts | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freelance metaphor inspector
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ladykatza:
JP, I feel you. *HUGS from the Lady K*
*BIG HUGS*

Thanks, everyone. Y'know, it's weird being across the state and not very close to the situation. I saw my uncle over the holidays, and he did well hanging with the fam at the party - napping in the recliner when he needed to, visiting when he could, and staying for the whole party. But he looked half of this world, gaunt, no hair, sunken eyes, barely a voice. Anyhoo, it's just weird when you're not close to the situation, it doesn't quite feel real yet. And yet here is my Aunt, who's lived this every day for months now, and I just can't imagine how she feels.

A few weeks ago M made him a Get Well Card, a couple of them, and had my mom deliver them last time she went to visit (which was a couple weeks ago, I think). It was all her idea, it just popped into her head one day after she heard my mom and I talking about him. My aunt and uncle thought they were cute, really liked them. I haven't told her yet. Probably tell her tonight after gymnastics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Posts: 22795 | Location: here | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
mutant hedgehog worm
Picture of halucinagenia
posted Hide Post

Looks like she won't be coming home, we only had Ginger for a year and a half but she was my first and best cat, and I miss her so much.

Posts: 9896 | Location: The heart of gold | Registered: July 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of that scott guy
posted Hide Post
*hugs hal*

-not back with a vengeance, more like a dull thud followed by a scared wave-

Posts: 1630 | Location: further south than you'd assume, ON, Canada | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Adoration of the Modii
Picture of Masque
posted Hide Post
*hugs*

It is always heart-wrenching when they pass so soon after coming into our lives. I feel it is even harder to deal with than one who has grown old with you.. at least then you know they had a full life of dignity and love..

-- Give a man a fish, he eats for the day; Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime; Teach that man to cook, and he can feed the world....
Head chef in the Realm of Procrastination and Unproductivity, Dp.u.: "You want fries with that?"
Holder for the Golden Pineapple Pin.
------------------------------------------------
If it is on the plate, its food. If it crawls off the plate; Kill it and put it back on the plate.
------------------------------------
I love small furry creatures; especially in a good sauce.

Posts: 13941 | Location: In the Kitchen, Cooking Something. | Registered: March 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Biscuitkeeper
Picture of Matt Cable
posted Hide Post
*hugs*

I'm sorry, Hal. It's not fair that we lose our friends so quickly. I still miss Arwen so much and sometimes I catch myself thinking about all the fun times I shared with her.

*hugs again*

Posts: 10768 | Location: Michigan | Registered: April 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Doughmaster
Picture of TheatreGeek
posted Hide Post
*hugs* I'm so sorry Hal

~ Non-Mod-Amy, aka Amy of the Lost Ark

You are a Bookholder. To prompt, or...LINE! (not to prompt) --not to prompt. That is the question. Whether t'is nobler to suffer the slings and arrows of a bad memory, or to take arms against a sea of textual deviations, and...LINE! (by opposing) --by opposing them...LINE! (end) --end...LINE! (them) --end them...LINE! (to prompt, to correct; no more; and by a correction to say we end the heart-ache of a really terrible performance) You didn't have to give me the whole thing! I know it!

Posts: 11747 | Location: Michigan | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
*hugs*

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
Frown

*hugs again to Hal and MG*

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20599 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
mutant hedgehog worm
Picture of halucinagenia
posted Hide Post
thanks guys

Posts: 9896 | Location: The heart of gold | Registered: July 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freelance metaphor inspector
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
Oh, Hal, I'm so sorry *hugs* She was beautiful, I love that picture.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Posts: 22795 | Location: here | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
Oh, hal, I just read about this in flame wars - I'm so sorry. *hugs*

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry to hear that, Hal. I send you love.

*Hugs*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8106 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
particle metaphysicist
Picture of Melancolí­a: Hunter Writer
posted Hide Post
*hugs Hal*

*just hugs*

God is everywhere, except within us, so we can look for Him, and find Him.

- Reverend Esau Senn
, Butterfly Wings (my ongoing novel)

Posts: 6590 | Location: The southern end of the world | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Hugs to you all. JP, and Hal and MG and everyone.
We are down to one bunny now - the one in my pic. Poor old lonely Smudge Frown

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2723 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
of the sparkly hair brigade
Picture of del74
posted Hide Post
::hugs:: to everyone!

The 75 Delirians?
Umm well, number 2 is off sick, 38 is suffering from a mild case of sanity, and 74 has

run off to the world of men to spread sparkly gigglepops to their drab civilization.
Is she nuts?
Oh yes, she scored very highly on the entrance exam!

Posts: 3128 | Location: springfield, il, 62703 | Registered: August 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
Christy's grandmother died this morning, at around 4:30. She was along in years and had been sick and in pain for some time. The day before, she got to say goodbye to a lot of her family and friends, and was communicative and able to interact with everyone. She is survived by approximately half the town of Epsom, Christy's family is so long-established and fecund.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48716 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear that she died, Dweller, but it sounded like a good death.

I want to go to my uncle's funeral tomorrow, but kidlet is off school sick, so I don't know what I'd do with him, also the travel for the day will cost more than £150. I don't know if I'm going to manage it, and I feel really bad about it.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post