Page 1 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 221
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deaths
 Login/Join

Part-time avant garde shrubbery inspector who breaths fire and lets out a mighty YAHR!
Picture of ladykatza
posted Hide Post
Poor Poor kitty. Frown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Discordian Priestess, Keeper of the Golden Pine-Apple.

Has Been Assimilated.

blog or not

Posts: 8877 | Location: ain't from 'round these parts | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
Wow, Nel, he was pretty (but I would not have said that to his face within scratching distance).

I'm so sorry you lost him - I can imagine what a great life he had with you.

*hugs*

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Biscuitkeeper
Picture of Matt Cable
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, Nel. I know he meant a lot to you and was a great friend.

*hugs*

Posts: 10768 | Location: Michigan | Registered: April 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Frown

*hugs all*

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2723 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
of the sparkly hair brigade
Picture of del74
posted Hide Post
im so sorry love......::hugs::

The 75 Delirians?
Umm well, number 2 is off sick, 38 is suffering from a mild case of sanity, and 74 has

run off to the world of men to spread sparkly gigglepops to their drab civilization.
Is she nuts?
Oh yes, she scored very highly on the entrance exam!

Posts: 3128 | Location: springfield, il, 62703 | Registered: August 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nel Gurgle:
Neil Cat

Neil kitty passed this afternoon after 17 years. He enjoyed meeting and intimidating many of you on your visits.

He was much loved and will be terribly missed.

*hugs*

He was glorious in his Demon Kitty way.

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24418 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freelance metaphor inspector
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nel Gurgle:
Neil Cat

Neil kitty passed this afternoon after 17 years. He enjoyed meeting and intimidating many of you on your visits.

He was much loved and will be terribly missed.
Sorry to hear this, hon *hugs*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Posts: 22795 | Location: here | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freelance metaphor inspector
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
Harry Morgan of M*A*S*H fame dies at age 96.
Appreciate at USAToday

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Posts: 22795 | Location: here | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
Picture of His Noodle Girl
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry to hear that, Nel. He was magnificent.

__
I like it maybe 63 percent!

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half the man he used to be
posted Hide Post
One of the greats, Jerry Robinson

and Nel, so so sorry to hear about your cat (although he sounds like a character) sending you a million hugs Frown(

Posts: 411 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
My dad's cousin, a truly remarkable man. 100+ judges sang 'The 12 Days of Christmas' at the funeral this morning. Well, everyone sang, but the judges had to do the "five golden rings" part by themselves. Smile

~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~
Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10997 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by weeblegeddon:
My dad's cousin, a truly remarkable man. 100+ judges sang 'The 12 Days of Christmas' at the funeral this morning. Well, everyone sang, but the judges had to do the "five golden rings" part by themselves. Smile

wow! as a person who isn't the most emotional in the world, that had me a little filled up, he sounds a great man and my thoughts to to you and your/his family *hugs*

and *huge hugs* for nel too on the loss of the fabulous neil cat.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20599 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knows there is no spoon
Picture of The Wanderer
posted Hide Post
I guess it's a bad time for the cousins of Board fathers, because my dad's cousin Susan died Weds night/Thurs morning from a heart attack, went to the Wake today. (Yesterday technically, since it's after midnight my time).

She and my dad had gotten to be fairly close in recent years as he tried to improve relations with some of his family, and I always enjoyed talking books with her. She was that way with everyone, always with a recommendation for what show to see, what books to read, always finding a way to be unexpectedly helpful.

In the whole fractious mess that is my dad's family, she might have been the only one from his generation or before that no one seemed to have something against.

My favorite photo of her at the wake was her standing by a statue of a baseball player who is bent down in a batting crouch, and feeling up the statue's ass.

She was a little short of her 60th.

James

Wandering, but not lost.

"You are a Knight Errant. All of the fun of rescuing damsels, and none of the paperwork." - Royko

Posts: 8394 | Location: New York | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
Picture of His Noodle Girl
posted Hide Post
Russell Hoban! Frown
Riddley Walker was my favourite book. or maybe The Lion of Boaz-Jachin and Jachin-Boaz. Or Amaryllis Day and Night.

They were all so wonderful and I thought he would never stop writing. He was 86.

__
I like it maybe 63 percent!

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
Christopher Hitchens

EP now available for FREE download! Click Here

"Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

a peek inside the whirlwind of my thoughts

Posts: 10543 | Location: deepest darkest somerset | Registered: December 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sittin' at the dock of the Bayeaux Tapestry
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
RIP Chris

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35359 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Queen of New York
Picture of Dread Captain Psyko
posted Hide Post
Said this on Twitter, but I'll say it here where I can use more words:

The reactions to Hitchens' death from people who generally agree with each other are surprisingly disparate.

People tend to either admire his atheism and his intellect, or decry his politics - particularly his sharp turn towards the right on matters of foreign policy and his pro-life position.

Posts: 9561 | Location: Noo Yawk. | Registered: December 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
here
Picture of The Boy™ PhD
posted Hide Post
Vaclav Havel. One of my heroes.

Posts: 2813 | Location: Penn State University | Registered: May 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vampiric Scottie-bat trainer

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Boy™ PhD:
Vaclav Havel. One of my heroes.

Mine, too, despite his approval of the invasion of Iraq.
I was 11 (going on 12) during that gloriously hope-filled summer and autumn of 1989, and my parents took me with them to the demonstrations and candle-chains week after week. It changed my life forever, and it wouldn't have happened without the Czech(oslovakian)s and Havel. It was the first time I realized that politics isn't something old men do in their ivory towers, it's what we, the people on the street, do. And every single one of us can change it.

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Biscuitkeeper
Picture of Matt Cable
posted Hide Post
Get ready for things to get real interesting.

North Korean leader Kim Jong-il

Posts: 10768 | Location: Michigan | Registered: April 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post