Find
Notify
Tools

Deaths
 Login/Join

here
Picture of PENELOPEIA
posted Hide Post
Fur ... do you have a online catalog with pics of your Pez stuffs ?
How many are MJ ?

péné

-------------
P.E.N.E. Pure Evil Girl With True Love Inside
-------------
The Diary of the Péné's Family :
http://antrepene.canalblog.com
http://homeofpene.canalblog.com
-------------

Posts: 2940 | Location: at the Madolière House (look Mad olière... lol) | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Runs with wolves, yahr!
Picture of Lady Jasmine
posted Hide Post
I love MJ's older stuff, and in his later life I was one of those that was somewhat disgusted by him, but I sort of got past that stage too. I think he was a very sad person near the end, he was pushed so hard from such a young age - and I can't help but think that somewhere along the line he simply broke and went past a line from which there was no returning

There is no doubt that he was talented. His death marks the end of several musical eras (my mother grew up with the Jackson 5 after all, his career does span generations - which may say something about him, but I'm not sure what)

I think I'm more in shock because I simply don't know a world without Micheal Jackson in it. Someone said that "the Elvis of our Generation has died" and I think that's just about right. Love him or hate him, the man was a massive icon for millions of people and his music will continue to influence people even with him gone.

In truth, I'm more in mourning for who he was than for who he became. I mourn for that adorable kid who belted out "Blame it on the Boogie" that STILL gets me jiving behind the bar at every wedding I work. I often wonder what would have become of that boy if the world hadn't totally messed up over....I mourn for him, and for the guy who's "Thriller" dragged even reluctant me up to the dance floor at every High School Halloween Party...and for the guy who's created Billie Jean which never fails to get me to haul myself up onto the speakers in a crowded club, and occasionally dance around my room with a hairbrush microphone

He was flawed no doubt, and he did a LOT of things that I will never condone or agree with, but it's important to remember that he was a human being, and human beings are allowed to be flawed. Perhaps the allegations against him were true, perhaps they weren't, we'll never know now. And, and it's hard for me to say this really, even if they were true - perhaps they weren't as malicious as the papers and paparazzi painted them to be. Either way, I hope that he will be remembered for his music, his dedication to his art (at least in the early days) and his immense talent (even if some of it was wasted)...not the sad reality of his personal life.

I can't say I knew Farrah's work, but like so many others I am familiar with her name (and with her hair). That said, her death still makes me very sad indeed...talents are dropping so fast and thick these days and there's no one quite equal to them coming up to replace them..

R.I.P to them both...

~You're in the Moulin Rouge babe! Your next month's rent depends on it!~

~We'd be so lost...if we weren't 'us'"~

Posts: 4142 | Location: Enchanted Mists | Registered: May 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
Well said, Lady J.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48716 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
Agreed, well said, Lady J.

Kidlet and I were just watching archive footage of "Off The Wall" on the news, and kidlet, utterly shocked, turned to me and said "But I thought he was white!". (NB: kidlet is not white, either.) And then we sat together and watched archive footage of the Jackson Five, and I thought of my big brother, a Black teenager with a huge afro in a mostly white London suburb in the 1970's, who had the biggest Jackson Five mural on his bedroom wall he'd drawn himself, and for the first time today I felt truly sad about the whole sorry business of MJ's fucked up life. There's a special on the BBC tonight, which I will let kidlet stay up and watch, because I want him to see the good, old stuff, and perhaps understand why people liked MJ's music.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Adoration of the Modii
Picture of Masque
posted Hide Post
yai true that.. he started when he was 5 and lived to be 50.. that is 4 decades and into a 5th.. easily 3 generations.. I grew up with the Jackson 5 and never missed a cartoon.. did you know he appeared on Sesame Street once or twice.. I think only once.. but the past is a little blurry..
my mind went on a tangent.. "degrees to Michael Jackson" as a new "party game".. instead of "Degrees to Kevin Bacon"..

-- Give a man a fish, he eats for the day; Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime; Teach that man to cook, and he can feed the world....
Head chef in the Realm of Procrastination and Unproductivity, Dp.u.: "You want fries with that?"
Holder for the Golden Pineapple Pin.
------------------------------------------------
If it is on the plate, its food. If it crawls off the plate; Kill it and put it back on the plate.
------------------------------------
I love small furry creatures; especially in a good sauce.

Posts: 13941 | Location: In the Kitchen, Cooking Something. | Registered: March 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guess what's behind door number pi!
Picture of Mystery Guest
posted Hide Post
BILLY MAYS!

Frown

Chuck Norris once tried to roundhouse kick Billy Mays. Before his foot even left the ground, Chuck was already on his first of three easy payments of $29.95.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )

Posts: 5631 | Location: no fixed address | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
badger, yahr, badger, escher
Picture of daysleeper [if I'm lucky]
posted Hide Post
you beat me to it.

quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Guest:
Chuck Norris once tried to roundhouse kick Billy Mays. Before his foot even left the ground, Chuck was already on his first of three easy payments of $29.95.

^^ win

Posts: 8216 | Location: georgia | Registered: November 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
Have you seen his show, Pitchmen? It was awesome. Is, I guess, but it's weird watching it knowing he's dead (which I did for an ep yesterday).

----
My baby is cuter than your baby!

Posts: 12872 | Registered: February 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
I like Billy Mays. Man's loud as a foghorn, but, dang it, he sold pretty good stuff. Useful, even. And from interviews I've seen, he's as amiable in person as he seems on TV.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48716 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
Molly Sugden

we shall miss her talking about her pussy.

Frown

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20599 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
aw. they used to play Are You Being Served on a local PBS station and as silly and hopelessly out of date it was, it was still better than any tv shows running here. And I always thought she was a comedic genius, just brilliant.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kablooey
posted Hide Post
My pet fish just died
*tears*

AMZ

Posts: 2 | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has a beaver that talks
Picture of supersnazz: fiend for rawk!
posted Hide Post
Oscar winner and general acting legend Karl Malden

The Musics: Mr. Fusion
The Writing: CBLDF Embloggenings

Posts: 15711 | Location: A few miles west of crazy... | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
I was staggered by the fact that Karl Malden was still alive! He was no spring chicken when I was watching him in Streets of San Francisco. 100,000 years ago, when I was a teenager. (Man, I loved that show.)

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
what type of fish did you have kablooey?

and awesome avatar btw.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20599 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
RIP

Farrah Fawcett
Michael Jackson
Billy Mays (?)
Pet fish
and "ol' big nose"

Thoughts to family and friends.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2723 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
meticulously avoids clarity
Picture of NicoleH
posted Hide Post
My last pet rat (one of 4 I left with friends when I left Aus) passed away last night. End of an era Frown

----------------------------------------------------------
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

Posts: 2642 | Location: Tronno | Registered: September 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freelance metaphor inspector
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
Holy crap!!
Steve McNair
Former MVP Quarterback for the Tenn. Titans

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Posts: 22795 | Location: here | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
here
Picture of Hooligan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JP:
Holy crap!!
Steve McNair

I saw him play once when he was in college - played against my first university. Damn good quarterback when he was healthy - I was sad to see him go out the way he did...

Posts: 3024 | Location: Uncle Sam's worst summer camp | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ex-Bay City Roller
Picture of $crooge Merlin mac $norri McDuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JP:
Holy crap!!
Steve McNair

Gosh! That's shocking. I always thought of him as a classy guy and a great QB.

------------------------------------------

The fox: "One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes"

Go 49ers! Blues is Blood! Mr Elizabethanne

"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone which no man gives up but with life itself.

Posts: 1598 | Location: Kingdom of Alba | Registered: November 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post