Login/Join

The Biscuitkeeper
Picture of Matt Cable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Royko:
Richard 'Boner' Stabone

Joker curse?

I purchased Batman: Dead End at a comic con probably 5 years ago. It was the best Joker I'd seen at that time. For a low budget fan film, it's a fun watch. I never would've connected Koenig to that role...

Posts: 10768 | Location: Michigan | Registered: April 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sittin' at the dock of the Bayeaux Tapestry
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
Michael Foot

Former leader of the Labour Party, Leader of Her Majesty's Most Loyal Opposition. Died aged 96.

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35359 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PM D M:
Michael Foot

Former leader of the Labour Party, Leader of Her Majesty's Most Loyal Opposition. Died aged 96.

A really decent man and one of the last great political orators. I wrote to him when I was sixteen (I was as nerdy a teenager as I am an adult) and he wrote back, which thrilled my socks off. He and his dog, Disraeli, were a fixture on Hampstead Heath.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vampiric Scottie-bat trainer

posted Hide Post
He named his dog Disraeli?!
*heart melts*

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hive:
quote:
Originally posted by PM D M:
Michael Foot

A really decent man and one of the last great political orators. I wrote to him when I was sixteen (I was as nerdy a teenager as I am an adult) and he wrote back, which thrilled my socks off. He and his dog, Disraeli, were a fixture on Hampstead Heath.

I don't agree with him politically, but he was up front, honest and - rarely for a British politician - intelligent enough to be tolerant of opposing views and genuinely caring.

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35359 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
quote:
he was up front, honest and - rarely for a British politician - intelligent enough to be tolerant of opposing views and genuinely caring.

He sounds like Tony Benn

EP now available for FREE download! Click Here

"Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

a peek inside the whirlwind of my thoughts

Posts: 10543 | Location: deepest darkest somerset | Registered: December 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fionchadd:
quote:
he was up front, honest and - rarely for a British politician - intelligent enough to be tolerant of opposing views and genuinely caring.

He sounds like Tony Benn

Very much so, but arguably without the charisma.

---

Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
Tony Benn, National Treasure that he is, still cannot hold a candle to Michael Foot!

Girded for battle
Picture of aisha
posted Hide Post
I was listening to the bits of his speeches that Radio 4 played and I was genuinely shocked - I think it's the first time I've ever heard a politician in this country sound like they actually believe in what they're saying. I'm sad that the only reason I've heard of him now is because he died. RIP Mister Foot.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Glasgow | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
Mark Linkous of Sparklehorse committed suicide yesterday.

"Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

Posts: 10543 | Location: deepest darkest somerset | Registered: December 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
"Agent Rose", heroine of the French Resistance, dies at 105.

Adoration of the Modii
Picture of Masque
posted Hide Post
WOW! Eek just WOW!

-- Give a man a fish, he eats for the day; Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime; Teach that man to cook, and he can feed the world....
Head chef in the Realm of Procrastination and Unproductivity, Dp.u.: "You want fries with that?"
Holder for the Golden Pineapple Pin.
------------------------------------------------
If it is on the plate, its food. If it crawls off the plate; Kill it and put it back on the plate.
------------------------------------
I love small furry creatures; especially in a good sauce.

Posts: 13941 | Location: In the Kitchen, Cooking Something. | Registered: March 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
badger, yahr, badger, escher
Picture of daysleeper [if I'm lucky]
posted Hide Post
Corey Haim

Posts: 8216 | Location: georgia | Registered: November 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That is so sad! Frown I had such a crush on him in the 80s.

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
I just came here to post that! My god...

Adoration of the Modii
Picture of Masque
posted Hide Post
Maybe it will save the other Corey...

although I was certain the other Corey would have gone first...

it is still sad

-- Give a man a fish, he eats for the day; Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime; Teach that man to cook, and he can feed the world....
Head chef in the Realm of Procrastination and Unproductivity, Dp.u.: "You want fries with that?"
Holder for the Golden Pineapple Pin.
------------------------------------------------
If it is on the plate, its food. If it crawls off the plate; Kill it and put it back on the plate.
------------------------------------
I love small furry creatures; especially in a good sauce.

Posts: 13941 | Location: In the Kitchen, Cooking Something. | Registered: March 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
Granny D, political activist. Died at the age of a 100, ten years after walking cross-country to raise awareness of the need for campaign finance reform.

Yes, you did the math right.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48716 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
The subtitle of her autobiography was: "You're Never Too Old to Raise a Little Hell."

I have got to find a German publication of this for my Gran's upcoming 95th birthday! She sounds like one hell of a lady. Big Grin

Edit: dammit, it hasn't been translated yet! Frown

is tired of these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane
Picture of general punk, MA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nonsleeper[chickie]:
Corey Haim

Frown Frown

High Ranking Official of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination,
Dean of the UUP, First Class member of the order of the Pineapple.
-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
here
Picture of The Boy™ PhD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dweller in Darkness:
Granny D, political activist. Died at the age of a 100, ten years after walking cross-country to raise awareness of the need for campaign finance reform.

Yes, you did the math right.

I met her. What an admirable human being.

Posts: 2813 | Location: Penn State University | Registered: May 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post