Find
Notify
Tools

Nope!
 Login/Join

is huge in Japan
Picture of Crow Girl
posted
I have noped out of the olde book of face. If anyone from the WE group over there is looking for me, I'll still be lurking here, the google chats, and twitters.

I'm also currently noping out of cooking dinner tonight.

What have you noped out of recently?
https://gph.is/2nPDso6

Posts: 6977 | Location: Fahrvergnügen | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
I honestly can't think of anything.

I need to be less of a joiner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8106 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Great wyrm of Toronto
Picture of Mythos
posted Hide Post
Hello there. Smile

Posts: 6059 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
*waves hi*

I have found a group on Ravelry that is almost, but not quite, like the Board, but I miss this place. I do hope you will still post pupper pics and bad puns Smile

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Part-time amateur cardiologist
Picture of wanderinginmn
posted Hide Post
Yeah, i said nope to social media once i looked at it said it will be used for evil. (sorry old ass IT guy feeling vindicated.)

Smile

Glad you are seeing the... weirdness? Honestly there is nothing like these old relic boards. They exist in an old format, and are quite time capsule-esque.

I stand by my thoughts in another thread that this board was a utopia.

-I.

-Ivan.

Posts: 2051 | Location: MPLS, MN, USA | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
*Sticks her toe back in Twitter*

Okaaaay.

Lisa, Instagram for stuff too? Somewhere in days of yore I got an Instagram account and never used it.

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24418 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeZee:
*Sticks her toe back in Twitter*

Okaaaay.

Lisa, Instagram for stuff too? Somewhere in days of yore I got an Instagram account and never used it.

I *read* stuff on twitter, but I rarely tweet. Every once in a while I reply to someone and then almost immediately delete it, because I just can’t convince myself that anyone cares about my blathering.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
I loved Twitter in Beta, remember Amanda Fucking Palmer starting FNFLOC (I think) Friday Night For Losers On The Computer.
Made the group, group-thought a tshirt, someone did the art and next thing you know the shirt was up for sale.
I probably still have it.

Without being a smart phone person, I just don't have enough computer time to keep up.

I think.

We'll see.

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24418 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wanderinginmn
posted Hide Post
Ha!

Twitter is web, and frankly when you come down to it more evil than facebook as there is no figurehead.

So as a data point, 1 million identities and photos complete with every answer from dating sites is apparently worth $153. source link
So that is dating site data, now imagine the like buttons that allow facebook and twitter to track you across every site you visit, how much are you worth? And yes, every site that has that little F symbol is tracking you and adding that site visit to your facebook/twitter profile.

I know i sound like crazy tin foil hat guy, but how much do you think your life is worth as a product? Social media is based on you as said product.

Fun times and noodle salad.

-Ivan.

Posts: 2051 | Location: MPLS, MN, USA | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wanderinginmn:
I stand by my thoughts in another thread that this board was a utopia.

-I.

Agreed. I'm barely on FB at all and only check Twitter for news. But nothing compares to the Board. I'll continue to hope that more Boardies make their way back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12489 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is huge in Japan
Picture of Crow Girl
posted Hide Post
I do still enjoy twitter for now. And at least there’s no illusion of privacy and the content is presented at somewhat in chronological order.

But no - there’s no real substitute for the golden age of The Olde Boarde Tymes.

Posts: 6977 | Location: Fahrvergnügen | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wanderinginmn
posted Hide Post
So as an aside, did you ever pay that speeding ticket in Wisconsin?

-Ivan.

Freelance metaphor inspector
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
When you say Google Chats do you mean Hangouts? I don't we're connected on hanghouts. If you mean G+, does that even still exist?

Oh, and hello Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Posts: 22795 | Location: here | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is huge in Japan
Picture of Crow Girl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wanderinginmn:
So as an aside, did you ever pay that speeding ticket in Wisconsin?

So funny thing. Ohio could not have cared less. They sent me an official letter informing me that Wisconsin had told them about the violation, but that Ohio and Wisconsin had no reciprocity for doing anything about it, so ... no consequences.

But! When I moved in with Hooligan at the end of 2006 in Alabama I was staggered to find out that AL *does* care and wouldn't let me transfer my license until I cleared things up with WI.

And thus my days of being wanted by the fuzz in the great cheese state came to an ignominious end.

Siiiiiiiigh