Login/Join

Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aitapata:
quote:
Originally posted by Maeve:
now we're being invaded by delusional angry rodents?

Clearly FATMOUSE was before your time.

And so was that guy who shoots poo.

I don't like poo.

Posts: 32868 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Doughmaster
Picture of TheatreGeek
posted Hide Post
FATMOUSE > YOU

~ Non-Mod-Amy, aka Amy of the Lost Ark

You are a Bookholder. To prompt, or...LINE! (not to prompt) --not to prompt. That is the question. Whether t'is nobler to suffer the slings and arrows of a bad memory, or to take arms against a sea of textual deviations, and...LINE! (by opposing) --by opposing them...LINE! (end) --end...LINE! (them) --end them...LINE! (to prompt, to correct; no more; and by a correction to say we end the heart-ache of a really terrible performance) You didn't have to give me the whole thing! I know it!

Posts: 11747 | Location: Michigan | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
*eyerolling*

FATMOUSE was a wuss.

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Weeble:
This power, in the wrong hands, could be dangerous.

Dangerous in the right hands, too. I'm just waaaaiiittttiiiinnng for Tongster to do his own FAQ.

Wink
Hmph. Like I've never had my member name, member title, sig, or picture abused by mods before. Buncha sadistic nutjobs, all y'all.

So, apparently, I get asked different questions than y'all.

What are you doing?
Nothin'.

Seriously, could you stop doing that?
Doing what?

I told you to stop that!
1. That's not a question.
2. Stop what?

Why did you do that?
I didn't do anything!

What made you think that was a good idea?
What?!?! I haven't even moved!

What are you thinking of doing now?!?
I'm not even moving!

Why are you doing that?
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!

*Sigh* How have you survived until now?
I didn't do anything!

----
My baby is cuter than your baby!

Posts: 12870 | Registered: February 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Furious:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Maeve:
now we're being invaded by delusional angry rodents?

Clearly FATMOUSE was before your time.

And so was that guy who shoots poo.

I don't like poo.
Captain Poopshooter and FATMOUSE. Truly, a fearsome duo.

----
My baby is cuter than your baby!

Posts: 12870 | Registered: February 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lexis Nexus
Picture of St.CountZero
posted Hide Post
quote:
*eyerolling*

FATMOUSE was a wuss.

FATMOUSE will eat you if FATMOUSE gets the chance.

----------------------------
Adept of the Burning Chrome

Posts: 16373 | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by St.CountZero:
FATMOUSE will eat you if FATMOUSE gets the chance.

Mmmhmmm. I think he tried that before.

*picks a piece of lint off self*

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucephalus:
Who the cock are you??

I'm, uh, Mean Old Man's personal warhorse.

Really? Well, you look a whole helluva lot more like a vole, chum.

Heh. Yeah. Don't tell him.

Oh! Okay. Gotcha. Hey, just how old is he, anyway?

Uh...hang on....

*STOMP*

*STOMP*

*STOMP*

*STOMP*

*STOMP*

*STOM--*

You mean he might be older than me?

eexxcellent........

*preens youthfully*

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24398 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resting by the shade of the tumtum tree, yahr!
Picture of Moon Jester
posted Hide Post
Hrmm... I guess I'll do one of these before fatmouse himself gets here....

Is your name REALLY Nyssa?
Yes. Now stop asking.

But, why is your name Nyssa?
Because it's on my license.

No, Really, why?
Well, I'm named after a Doctor Who character. I'm serious.

So.... your parents are geeks?
Yes. My dad may own more anime and video games then I do. They also has a closet full of very old... and some new games. Yes. My parents are geeks. So am I.

What's with all the drawing stuff?
I like drawing. It's what I do. I'm going to art school, because really... I don't belong in the bussiness world... I just.... draw.

Why do you keep changing your screenname?
Well, mainly becuase I want to. I get bored easily and enjoy constant change. I think it ads a little colour and flair to not only this board, but to life, the universe, and... everything in general. Yes, it may be confusing but.... it's me.

So... what, you enjoy confusing people and being generally crazy?
......hm..... No comment. *giggles*

Why are you allowed to have sugar and caffienne... and pointy objects, while I'm asking...?
Heehee.... I'm not sure myself... *giggles more*

stats?
um... level 15 rogue... oh, um... I mean... I'm 20 years old as of... bout a week ago. Bout 5'4"... My eyes really do change colours, so they're listed as grey...with spots of amber and blue.... And my sign is fire rabbit virgo. And I think my bloodtype is O-... that's everything, right?

Right... well...just one more thing.... you're kinda young round here...?
....yes...

Mind if I call you "kiddo" or something like that?
Don't make me sic my rats on you...

You have rats?
I'd have a giant one if I could... Curse you Africans who have giant rats! I want one!!! But... yes. Yes.... And they're hungry, I'm done here. *scuttles out of thread*

-----~~-----
Cthulhu for president~Why vote for the lesser evil?

Posts: 9600 | Location: I was hoping you could tell me | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Adoration of the Modii
Picture of Masque
posted Hide Post
Nys, you crack me up Big Grin

and it is cool. another fiery virgoan..

you're a rabbit and not a horse, but it is ok..

-- Give a man a fish, he eats for the day; Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime; Teach that man to cook, and he can feed the world....
Head chef in the Realm of Procrastination and Unproductivity, Dp.u.: "You want fries with that?"
Holder for the Golden Pineapple Pin.
------------------------------------------------
If it is on the plate, its food. If it crawls off the plate; Kill it and put it back on the plate.
------------------------------------
I love small furry creatures; especially in a good sauce.

Posts: 13941 | Location: In the Kitchen, Cooking Something. | Registered: March 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
enlightened website user
Picture of the other duncan
posted Hide Post
State your name: Why? You can read it right over there, on the left.

Are you asking us to believe that's your real name? Uh, yeah ... except that my surname has more than one letter.

Couldn't you come up with something more creative than your name? Why, is there any money in that?

Why are you here? I figured I could be opaque and 'clever' on more than just one board; so now I inflict myself on two sets of geeky, dweeby book readers.

What's with all the italics and ellipses? I'm practicing 'wry'.

Are you just another of MOM's slavish devotees? He'll have nothing of me, actually. (I think it has something to do with my accusing him of not liking scotch.)

SO, are you going to continue as a board member and NG fan? NG who?

(not his real name)

Posts: 6861 | Location: darned eff I know | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Moon Jester
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Masque:
Nys, you crack me up Big Grin

and it is cool. another fiery virgoan..

you're a rabbit and not a horse, but it is ok..

Ah, you're a fire virgo too? Woot! fire virgos unite!!

-----~~-----

Posts: 9600 | Location: I was hoping you could tell me | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knows there is no spoon
Picture of The Wanderer
posted Hide Post
quote:
fire virgos unite!!

Ach! You were bad enough by yourself! Wink

James

Wandering, but not lost.

"You are a Knight Errant. All of the fun of rescuing damsels, and none of the paperwork." - Royko

Posts: 8394 | Location: New York | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Moon Jester
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer:
quote:
fire virgos unite!!

Ach! You were bad enough by yourself! Wink

Arrg!! You keep out of this!

-----~~-----

knows there is no spoon
Picture of The Wanderer
posted Hide Post
So hi there, how're you?

I'm well, and yourself?

Well?

I'm a former Lit major. Old habits and the need to be grammatically correct, (at least in writing) die hard. Fortunately, I'm not nearly as pompous as it makes me sound.

Oh, ok. So, what's it like living in New York City?

I don't anymore. To be accurate, I haven't for somewhere about 15 years.

But your profile says...

Yes it does. New York City is not the only New York.

So why'd you change your screen name to The Wanderer?

Because a lot of my life has been spent on mental, emotional and spiritual wandering, and because my old one no longer fit me. Plus, although most of my various non-physical wandering is over, (or at least calm for the moment), I soon hope to translate it over to the physical realm. (Watch for the James world tour, coming soon to a country near you! Wink ).

So you're Italian?

Italian-American, yes. I wouldn't insult Italians from Italy by lumping myself in with them. Wink

Sicilian?

... Close enough.

Are you...

No.

But...

No. Strike one, by the way.

So is The Godfather your favorite movie?

... Do they actually pay you to do this job? *Grumbles something about wastes of money* No, it is not, and in fact I never saw it until I was in my early 20s.

So you're a Italian-American, Irish-American originally from Brooklyn? You must be one hard drinking, hard partying, loud, hot tempered, cursing, ball scratching, crotch grabbing, family oriented, superiority complex having son of a bitch!

Strike two. Next question.

Why'd you come to this Board?

I was a huge fan of Sandman, and after having finished it and some of Neil's other works, I was curious one day and wandered on by.

Why are you still here?

To blatantly steal a term used upthread by punkyfins, (nice term coining by the way, punky Smile ) it's my cyber-home. Lots of cool people and lots of history has gone down here. And there are still, after all these years, cool, smart, geeky people here who make me laugh and that I enjoy hanging out and talking with.

So what's with your tormenting of Nyssa?

Hehe. Well, we started talking on IM, and the next thing you know we're having fun playing off some kind of twisted jerky big brother/bratty little sister thing. (Furious, Nattie, eat your hearts out Wink ). And it's just so much fun to call her stuff like kiddo... her reactions are great. Big Grin

... You're kinda twisted.

What, you're just figuring this out? Wink Besides, it's not like the abuse is a one-way street.

You shouldn't pick on a girl like that!

Hey, I'm not a sexist pig like you. I believe firmly in equality of the sexes. Big Grin

Stats?

As of this posting: just turned 27, about 5'9, about 200 pounds, (mostly muscle these days, although my eating habits mean it'll never entirely be), Libra, metal monkey, manic-depressive psychopath... oops, can we take out that last bit?

So are you sure you're not in the Mafia?

Strike three. So long, it was fun. (Except when you were being a moron).

James

Wandering, but not lost.

"You are a Knight Errant. All of the fun of rescuing damsels, and none of the paperwork." - Royko

Posts: 8394 | Location: New York | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Moon Jester
posted Hide Post
quote:
And it's just so much fun to call her stuff like kiddo... her reactions are great. Big Grin

I hate you. Razz

quote:

... You're kinda twisted.

What, you're just figuring this out? Wink Besides, it's not like the abuse is a one-way street.

It is so. I'm completely innocent in this.

Seriously, James is pure evil. Don't believe his lies. LIES.

Edit: oh, yeah. James, I AM NOT A BRAT. *ahem* that is all.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Moon Jester,

-----~~-----

knows there is no spoon
Picture of The Wanderer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anonymoose:
quote:
And it's just so much fun to call her stuff like kiddo... her reactions are great. Big Grin

I hate you. Razz

Aw kiddo, you're so cuuuuuuuuuuuute when you're pretending to hate me. Smile *Fondly musses Nyssa's hair*

quote:
I'm completely innocent in this.

Edit: oh, yeah. James, I AM NOT A BRAT. *ahem* that is all.

You're so funny, little Nyssa-chan. You, who beats up and physically abuses most of your friends and rants about being Queen of the Universe, trying to pretend to be innocent and non-bratty! It's sheer comedy gold! Big Grin

James

Wandering, but not lost.

waggish jackanape
Picture of Royko
posted Hide Post
Can I see your rocketship underpants?

It doesn't count if you ask me online.

How did you end up here?

I'd sent in my Fiddler's registration and hadn't heard back, so I was looking around for something to reassure me that I hadn't just been conned out of a C-note by Neil Gaiman. After that, I stuck around because I have no place else to go!

Why are you always trying to be so witty?

Because I'm crying on the inside.

If I come to Chicago, will I meet you?

If you nag me enough. And aren't too scary.

Can I see Astrid?

That all depends on how much of the spectrum of light you can perceive.

So do you have a Son Of Sam type relationship going on with your cat, or what?

Well, she hasn't asked me to kill anyone yet, but I think it's only a matter of time.

Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the Communist Party?

I'm not naming names!!!

Can you make friends with salad?

Clearly not.

What's your connection to Hugh Hefner?

When I first moved downtown, I lived in an apartment across the street from the original Playboy mansion (now it's condos.) At the same time, I was working across the street from Playboy International Headquarters. It was kinda freaky.

What other quasi-encounters have you had with the rich and famous?

Robert Duvall once asked me for directions to a tango competition. I didn't know where it was, and didn't realize he was Robert Duvall until after he left.

I saw Trading Spaces's Paige Davis play Roxie Hart in a production of Chicago. (She was okay, a little old for the role, but it was a bad production.) Afterward, the cast collected for some charity in the lobby, and I tossed a $20 into her bucket, because hey, it's Paige Davis and I love her. I didn't really think she'd notice, but sure enough, she pointed at me and shouted, "Hey, THIS GUY just threw in 20 bucks!" I was thrilled to have been the subject of a sentence uttered by Paige Davis.

What's your favorite trumpet concerto?

The Arutunian. The Hummel is also nice, particularly the second movement.

What about the Hindemith sonata?

It's the musical equivalent of a head cold.

Do you really enjoy shows like Smallville and Gilmore Girls?

I'm an Aerie girl at heart.

What's your new philosophy?

Why are you telling me?

When did you start wearing purple?

When I went to Northwestern.

Are you bummed about their loss to Michigan today?

Yeah, but we'll get 'em next year.

Can you growl?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

That wasn't a growl.

That wasn't a question.

---------------------------------------------------------------
So fluffy you could die.
(blog)

Posts: 6917 | Location: Chicago | Registered: October 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahr, fear the power of the elf-man!
Picture of Lan Martak
posted Hide Post
What is your deal with lunch anyway?
There was a time that I would show up on the Shift thread everyday for my lunch break at work. People noticed and I got recognized for this "so called" achievement. I still seem to be able to make the post, at least for now.

What is the name Lan Martak from anyway and why should I care?
It is the main character of my favorite fantasy series that I read as a kid called "The Cenotaph Road". If you can find this series from the mid 80s, I highly recommend it. It was my Harry Potter.

Why do you hate avocados so?
When I was a small child an avocado............ touched me in a bad place. Wait..... no that is not it. Avocados are disgusting, end of story.

Why do your posts contain so many typos?
Most keyboards are too small for my fat fingers. It is my fault and nothing to do with my poor grammar skills.

Why did you join the Board?
I am very glad you asked. I had just read American Gods and really, really, really, really wanted to know who the unnamed god in the gray suit was. To this day I have not heard an definitive answer. I still think it is the god Amen. Some day I will kidnap Neil and make him tell me.

------------------------------
Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Posts: 15884 | Location: The Cenotaph road and Oh-Hi-Oh | Registered: October 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Great wyrm of Toronto
Picture of Mythos
posted Hide Post
Are you awake?

Most of the time. That half-lucid state between sleep and awake allows me to be more creative so ... I guess that means I'm like this most of the time.

How did you join the Board?

One day I was watching Space: The Imagination Station and there was a short called "Shelf Space" where an interview was going on with Neil. He was advertising his book American Gods. It was the first creation of his I ever read. Then eventually after reading as much of his prose works as I could I came across this message board and actually found myself becoming more sociable.

Is it true you started reading the Flame Wars section first?

No. First I read the Book Sections and Other Writers. Then I read through Flame Wars. After that, the World's End didn't scare me as much ... um, much. Wink

What is your Major at University?

Humanities. An interdisciplinary program where all human levels of interest intersect. It is really a program that examines what it is to be human.

So you're an English Major?

No, I am a Humanities Major. Do not make me repeat myself.

You hate repeating yourself?

Yes, now please refer to the previous section.

Is it true you quit a Creative Writing Program?

*sighs* Yes. I went into it, and was one of a few to make it. But I noticed after a while that it over-relied itself on a very narrow focus of "realism." In other words, I felt discouraged and even uncomfortable with writing in my usual science-fiction and fantasy realms. I also didn't appreciate having to photocopy billions of copies for my 20 page manuscripts, or feeling like I was part of a Professional Writing Factory as opposed to a Creative writing workshop.

Do you think that budgies will devour the world?

Oh yes. Don't let their little fluff bodies deceive you. Their beady eyes glint with planning, when trying to appear not to understand what you're saying or why you are deliberately poking their beaks.

Do you think it is their destiny?

It IS their DESTINY!

Are you insane?

Yes? (and I always wanted to hear someone say that, although the preferred words would be "You're insane!")

Are you a megalomaniac?

Only a very benign one, I assure you. I just want to wipe out all the stupid people on this planet. I'm sure they won't be missed too much.

What is your current mission?

Currently seeking Women in Science Fiction ... my 2002-2003 marked essay that is. :P

A paper. Right. I see. Wink

Yes, a paper. One that could determine whether or not I get into Grad school, seeing as I need three letters of recommendation. And it is hiding from me in a most intolerable fashion.

I really need more probe droids.

Probe droids? *snickers*

Yes. Imperial probe droids, and I will have none of your innuendos. *raises hand and squeezes index finger and thumb together*

I'm ... blacking out?

Oh yes. And I do Force lighting as well.

*hands crackle with blue energy* No artificial limbs here, my friend.

You're ... gah, evil ...

~Oh evil, evil, he's mean ... dada da da dumm ...~

And that is "Lord of Evil" to you. There this man wandering around named James who claims he too is evil, if not moreso than I. Now, while he does have many diabolical qualities I tend to think that I have precedence with regards to "delusions of grandeur." That said, he does have these badgers and ...

I really don't talk about this anymore. *winces*

... badgers?

Please refer back to the FAQ where I tell you I don't like to repeat myself. *hand crackles*

You're very tired, aren't you?

Yes. It's called staying up late addiction. But this FAQ has seduced me back to the dark path of sleeplessness at night.

Do you talk like this in real life?

All the time. Wink

Is English your first language?

In my words, with some of Silver's in there too, I have to say no. My first language was actually gibberish until English was foisted upon me by the dastardly colonial oppressors known as my parents. Wink

And where did you get your icon?

Babylon the Bride created it for me. She drew and painted it. It's one of the greatest gifts anyone's ever given me, and I love it.

Why do you talk to yourself?

I think, to write dialogue, and to practice talking to people like you.

So ... Morpheus or Daniel?

Daniel these days, though Morpheus more often in the past. But you have to wake up sometime. Smile

So which are you doing right now? Dreaming or being awake?

I have to go with ... both.

Have a good night.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mythos,

Posts: 6055 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post