Tools

Your Personal FAQ
 Login/Join

meticulously avoids clarity
Picture of NicoleH
posted Hide Post
LadyJ: yup!

I need to get a new member title Wink

Posts: 2642 | Location: Tronno | Registered: September 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Jasmine:
Um, I've always meant to ask how exactly these work...do we just make up any questions we want to answer?

yes.

and it tends to include the sort of questions you really do get frequently asked.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20598 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NicoleH:
LadyJ: yup!

I need to get a new member title Wink

you know where to go if you want that Razz

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20598 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Runs with wolves, yahr!
Picture of Lady Jasmine
posted Hide Post
Well then, let's give this a go

So, you're in theatre,

Yup yup!

How'd you get into that?

Y'know something, I really don't remember. I was pretty much born into the arts, didn't start doing theatre until High School, but I don't remember ever wanting to do anything else. Except for in grade 8 when I was obsessed with being a marine biologist, but that passed rather quickly.

what'd you do for a real job?

Right, you really don't want to get me started on this one. Short answer: it is my real job, and when you can do it, and all that goes with it? Then maybe you can come back to me and tell me that it's "not work"

Or, to put it in the words of my very very wise Grampa, when confronted with question 'why should I pay you? You're having fun?". "you think sitting on a piano stool for four hours is *fun*?"

But ...how do you make any money?

if I'm lucky i get a paying show ;-) But I have a dayjob...like most drones..I mean people

So what's with this wolf that always seems to follow you around?

Ah, that's Myst. She's actually been part of my online persona for years, ever since I started using the 'net, but she really came into her own in the days of the Cabaret Voltaire (a thread whose loss I still grieve). She's part protector/part pet/part spirit guide.

Um..but why does she have a thing for cheeseypoofs?

That's ALL Silver's fault. It's a long story, and since the Cabaret's not around to point to for quoting purposes, too long to tell :P But it's ALL Silver's fault.

~You're in the Moulin Rouge babe! Your next month's rent depends on it!~

~We'd be so lost...if we weren't 'us'"~

Posts: 4138 | Location: Enchanted Mists | Registered: May 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is huge in Japan
Picture of Crow Girl
posted Hide Post
I don't think I've ever gotten around to doing one of these!

So, You're a procrastinator?

Yep, When it comes to assignments and obligations I will wait until the last possible minute to do it. I never, however, miss a deadline and I am always early for appointments.

You post recipes and kitchen tips, are you a domestic goddess?

Hell no. I cook because we need to eat, and since I'm a picky discerning eater it damned well better taste good!

You're a liberal artsy-fartsy chick, how did you end up playing with rockets for a living?

Er... It was more teaching kids (ages 9-99) about all aspects of space science. Teaching them the difference between early model re-purposed ICBMs and purpose built space exploration rockets was a bonus.

Waitaminute, we thought you hated kids?!

I don't hate kids, I'm just making a concious effort to not contribute to overpopulation. I also do better with kids that are old enough to speak, feed themselves and not crap their own pants after every feeding.

What do you want to be when you grow up

I have no idea! I think I'd like to be one of the few survivors of something that wipes out most of humanity. Not that I'm planning on a zombie apocalypse or anything. Honest.

Are you my mummy?

[exit stage left] *flees in terror* [/exit stage left]

Posts: 6975 | Location: Fahrvergnügen | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
failed to read the expository information *croak*
Picture of Froggy
posted Hide Post
... So, why the username? It's kind of odd.

You say that as if the rest of the usernames in this place aren't. ¬_¬

You didn't answer the question.

Your face didn't answer the question.

I didn't ask my face the question.

... FINE. I'm Froggy because I've got webbed toes. No, not all of them. That would be too awesome. ;3 Just the two next to the big toe, they're joined together. Like Ashton Kutcher's. Cool, no?

-cue reaction shot of the average person upon being told this-
"Omg, can I see them?"

"-pulls shoes&socks off-"

"Oh wow! How'd you get them?"

"They sell them in the shop down the road for a quid."

"...Really?"

"I was born with them."

"Ohh. ... Do they hurt?"

"DOES YOUR LEFT ARM HURT?!"

Hey, no need to get snippy... It's a valid question!

Yeah, I guess. It just tends to sort of lose validity after the twentieth time or so...

So, you appear to overuse emoticons far more than the average person on here.

Yeppers. 8D I like emoticons. They're pretty things~
I have a vague assumption that being one of the youngest posters has something to do with it, too.
of course it has nothing at all to do with the excessive amount of time spent on the internet in the past five/six years

Speaking of which, you haven't been on this site long. Why'd you join in the first place?

Well, I did some research on the Sandman comics for my Art GCSE. So when Mum (more commonly known here as Motley) mentioned this place, I recognised the name 'Neil Gaiman', was interested, and peeked over her shoulder when she was online and decided it looked like an awesome place with awesome people, and... here I am. 83

... So you haven't actually read all that many Neil Gaiman books?

... I've read a few comics.
And Stardust.
... DON'T JUDGE ME.
-needs to read Neverwhere and Coraline and Anansi Boys etc etc etc-
I've been to several talks of his, and I'm a fan just because he's generally awesome~ ^w^;

... So! Just to change the subject completely, stats plx.

Sixteen, female, English, taking A-levels, 5'8", actually-i-prefer-the-term-cuddly, Pisces, water monkey, blue eyes, looooongbrownhair, smartieface-when-smiling. 8D
(No really, it goes completely round. Very disconcerting.)

What's your real name?

Froggy.

... No, really.

Froggy.

I can just ask Motley, you know.

You can, if you like, but I'm still far more likely to respond to Froggy.
Even when not online. :3
I've been Froggy for a good five years now. xDD

So, you're wapanese?

DESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESU-

STFU.

DESU.

... :3
No. I'm not. I don't stick 'desu' at the end of every sentence, and I've gotten a lot better at not adding -san or -chan to the end of names. I do take Japanese for a subject, but simply because I love the language; and yes, my art is manga-influenced (perhaps rather heavily) but hopefully it's not 'generic' manga. I do try to keep it looking a little more realistic than 'huge-eyes-tiny-mouth-head-bigger-than-shoulders-everything-is-out-of-proportion'.

desu.

You talk a lot.

I KNOW, RIGHT? 8D

So, let's throw in a few random favourites!

Flower: Daffodil. They're all happy. x3 And they smell nice. Daffodils + Froggy = happy all week. <33
Song: Whatever's stuck in my head. xD
Band: It alternates between Linkin Park, Bowling For Soup, Yellowcard, and Fall Out Boy.
Book: ... lots. I like Jenny, Eragon, the Artefacts of Power series by Maggie Furey, and I've always had a soft spot for the Darren Shans...
Color: Green. 8D You know, you can see around 70 shades of green. The maximum for other colours is about 40. At least, I think that's right...
Food: Mochi. It's wonderful. Go google it or something. xD
Medium: Pencil~!
But ONLY clicky pencil.
Me and sharpeners have this mutual hatred thing going on...

Okay. And you clearly don't stalk this board 24/7, so what on earth do you do the rest of your extensive internet time?
Roleplay.
... Don't look at me like that. It's addictive!
And doodle. I'm trying to start a comic~ <3 Hopefully it'll be up by March. I'll put the link in my siggy when it's up and running. I just need to iron out some little creases in plot and characters first~

pshyeah. Haven't you been trying to start this thing up for about a year now? It's NEVER gonna happen.

/tinyviolin

SO I TALK TOO MUCH SO SUE ME

"Sir, I think you've gone mad with power."
"Of course I have. Have you ever gone mad without power? It's boring, nobody listens to you!"
DA

Posts: 401 | Registered: May 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dread Buthulhu
Picture of Bucephalus
posted Hide Post
 Froggy kicks cubic arse. 

Posts: 843 | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froggy
posted Hide Post
/cubic/?

-nonplussed-

I'll take it as a compliment? 8D

"Of course I have. Have you ever gone mad without power? It's boring, nobody listens to you!"
DA

Dread Buthulhu
Picture of Bucephalus
posted Hide Post
T'was, Miss.  

Posts: 843 | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lady of Pain
Picture of Emerald
posted Hide Post
I just updated mine. It's been awhile...

Mochi and green! Yay!

Tumbl'n - Let me know if you want to see the portfolio.

Posts: 1487 | Location: Forever between two Parks | Registered: December 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has a beaver that talks
Picture of supersnazz: fiend for rawk!
posted Hide Post
OH GOD OH GOD WHY ARE YOU POINTING AT ME?!?

Because I want YOU... to be mildly uncomfortable.

Oh... well that's alright then. Anyway, that's an excellent hat. What made you choose the bowler (also known as the derby) as your hat of choice?

Once, when I was in high school, I went with some friends to see a production of The Complete Works Of Shakespeare (Abridged). We decided to go in black coats, sunglasses and interesting hats. I borrowed a bowler hat, and have wanted one ever since.

Why did you chop off all that hair? That was quite a bit of hair.

Partly because I decided it was finally time to get a bowler hat. It wouldn't have worked with the long hair. They were vaguely simultaneous decisions. I'd been thinking about the hat, and I'd been thinking about the haircut, and they justified each other.

Anyway, I only kept the longhair as long as I did because I needed it for headbanging. I'm not in a rock band anymore, so it serves no more practical purpose.

Why aren't you in a rock band?

Well, I was in This Shirt Is Pants. We had high hopes for awesomeness. We sank a decent amount of money into professional studio time. We got our five-song CD mixed, mastered, pressed and packaged. We played one more show and promptly split up. Now we have something like 150 more CDs sitting in a box in the attic. Yippee.

But you still play the musics?

Oh yes, certainly. I've been half of an acoustic duo called Mr. Fusion off and on for about 8 years now. We both play guitar, keyboards, hand drums and other vaguely related instruments. We both write. We both sing. It's fun good times. Someday we'll foist our home recordings upon the world. But not today.

Anyway, back to hair: Beard or No Beard?

I've waffled on this over the years, experimenting with full, no-holds-barred beard, three inch goatee, trimmed and cropped beard, and nakedface, but after my last shaving I came to a firm decision of Beard. Specifically trimmed and cropped. I'm sure I'll still shave on occasion (costume necessity, facial-hair growing contest, or to highlight the interesting mustache I am cultivating), but I think it will always be pretty quick to return from here on out. Especially now that I've determined that a properly groomed beard goes quite well with the hat.

*will complete self-interview this evening at home*

The Musics: Mr. Fusion
The Writing: CBLDF Embloggenings

Posts: 15711 | Location: A few miles west of crazy... | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froggy
posted Hide Post
Then why thank you! 8D

Mochi and green = ossum.

YAY FOR A SNAZZY SELF INTERVIEW. 8D
I have learned much. -nod-

DA

DK BOP
Picture of El Leprechaun
posted Hide Post
So El Leprechaun are you Spanish/Irish?
Nope, American. The leprechaun is because I'd once again managed to pick up the nickname 'leprechaun' this time amongst my new college friends. The el is because I'd just watched desperado and none of the other board names I came up with worked.

Why write a FAQ now?
Currently unemployed and applying for jobs and Battlestar Galactica can only take up so much time. Also, I'm a narcissist.

So how do you fill the off time?
Play guitar, read.

Guitar eh? What got you started in that
Well, I wasn't gonna be attracting girls with looks or personality...

This board is full of intelligent, funny people. What are you doing here?
ithinkI'mfunny...
Besides, I like it here.

What's with all the self deprecation?
I'm actually a very self assured person. By self assured I mean ridiculously arrogant. Those are my attempts to balance it out a little.

Right, well, I can't think of anymore questions to ask. Perhaps you should be more interesting.
Will do.

Posts: 1493 | Location: Well hidden | Registered: March 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
click.
Picture of ScorpionShard
posted Hide Post
So I am supposed make it up myself, which is challenging, considering the fact that I have delegated that to consuming other people's made up stuff a long time ago. But here it is anyway.

So... Scorpion's hard?

No, it is actually a shard. Meaning I am a Scorpio, meaning I am proud of it, and also meaning that there are many shards to one's personality, and it is only through our effort that we can discover our otherselves and such. Also, a long time nickname.

So, what are you really?

29 years of age Turkish homo sapien male, born in the U.S, raised half in France half in Istanbul (which, by all means, is _the_ most magnifique city you can be in), lived in the U.S. again for uber-education and work, then currently MBA'ing in Istanbul (which, incidentally, has the worst traffic you can be in).

So, how does it all work out for you?

Who knows, but having no ideals other than materialistic ones makes me sad. I was young once, if I recall... Wanted to be a professor in british lit as I loved to profess. Then again also wanted to be in a metal band as well. Always wanted to be a writer, but nowadays I just want to be left alone and get by.

So, what do you do in your spare time?

I read, write, watch, listen, joke, play.

Read: Clive Barker, all kinds of sociology, economics, Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman (duh!), Stephen King, Steven Brust, Shakespeare, Lovecraft - and all so related bodies of art. I like that body tangible, dusky smelling. Oh I also love Heavy Metal (the mag). Basically all things hard to find home Smile

Write: No blogging, no visible wordprints. I write what I feel like when I feel like on my typewriter. I think it is the rhytmical hits of whatever hits when you press a key on the typewriter. (I just realized I don't know what that word I'm looking for in any language I know...)

Watch: Your run-of-the-mill-yet-very-funny sit-coms and funny & animated American stuff (Big Bang Theory, How I met your mother, Family Guy, Robot Chicken, Metalocalypse) as well as horror movies (nothing like a good ol' zombie bashin'), anything with a fantasy / Sci-Fi them. Also japanese animes. Lots of them. No Pikachu tho. Never. More like Darker than Black, GitS, Kurozuka, F.L.A.G. and all that. You get my drift (I hope).

Listen: I'm what is called a metalhead: primarily interested in Black Metal (it simply is NOT Satanic music, think Satyricon, Immortal, Moonspell etc.), Blues, Classic Rock (must always be capitalized), and any and all things that tingles me ear in a favorable way. It is quite an odd sensation to walk to the Opera House while ipod'ing people who scream of paganism and stuff.

Joke: I've been told to be funny. Many times. I shall prove that in time Smile

Play: Drums on an irregular basis. PS3 and World of Warcraft on a regular basis (very "18-30 male consumer" yeah?). Soccer on an irregular basis. Songs in my head almost always (currently playing: Danzig - Mother)

What's your political -

Hold on. I'm liberal. People can do whatever they want to do without hurting other people. Period. Move along.

You gonna start stealing other people's questions?

Hmmm I have a feeling I will.

You don't care if they'll be offended?

Shard 1: Psssst, whateva.
Shard 2: I don't think they'd mind. It seems like a welcoming, yet close-knit community of people with similar interests and IQ levels, ergo, they probably won't mind.
Shard 3: You got a better idea, bud?

So, You're a procrastinator?

Hell yarr. Also a hedonist. It kind of comes natural when you're of mediterranean blood. Nothing like lounging somewhere to lounge on with some drinks and smokes and a good view. Yep, now that is Heaven.

So, let's throw in a few random favourites!
Flower: Hmmmm... My last name actually means "Elm" in your kind's language. Not that it's a flower, but I'm sure out of 200 kinds of them, one of them must flower at some point. Actaully always liked those cherry blossoms in Japan. Yep, now that is a good visual.
Song: Too many to count. I like anything I can actually play (be that drums, or, wait for it, Guitar Hero!Smile)
Book: The one book I that changed my life was a Conan comic. The Tomb of the Emperor King if I recall correctly.
Color: Black and Red. Pluto and Mars.
Food: Sushi. I shall eat them alive!
Medium: Rare.

OH GOD OH GOD WHY ARE YOU POINTING AT ME?!?

Because the man in the funny hat thinks I'm wearing a fez!

Are you?

Only if my girlfriend asks me to.

Does she?

To my dismay, never...

Did you know that that hat is called a bowler?

Hell no. I love learning.

Why did you chop off all that hair? That was quite a bit of hair?

No one will trust a stockbroker with long hair. Especially in NY.

Did it matter?

No. I bought the car I wanted, quit the job right after that. Never going back to that place, industry, state etc.

Why write a FAQ now?

Becauses:

a) I'm an intern at one of the world's largest pharma companies. And I got absatively nothing to do right now.

b) Because I have been so kindly welcomed that me not writing one would be a huge disrespect on my part.

c) Because I just realized that I havent written anything in English for quite some time, and it makes sense.

This board is full of intelligent, funny people. What are you doing here?

I'm hoping some of it will rub on me as well. Apparently the world system is now based on a knowledge-based economy, so I'm expanding my knowledge base as well.

So have you read any Gaiman then?

All of them. But because I have a somewhat serious case of ADHD, I forget them, about them all the time. Thusly making it possible for me to read them again with the same climaxical pleasure.

What are you gonna be when you grow up?

As materialistic as I am, I can only say, rich. Yeah, that sums it up. A sad state of affairs indeed.

You like that word, don't you?

Indeed I do.

Why do you keep looking around?

Because my boss-type authority figure person is walking around as if her pants were on fire.

Are they?

With all that friction of fabric against air particles they might as well be.

Uh, okay. Museums, then?

Hell yarr! I love them really. Funny that my friends were in Paris - Louvre and I was in Istanbul and they asked me where Mona Lisa was. Funnier still was that I was able to tell them.

Do you even know how much you wrote so far?

Nope, not a clue. I should stop though, right?

Posts: 93 | Location: Istanbul | Registered: September 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
ScorpionShard - I have linked your faq under the title click.

if you wish it to be linked to a more interesting member title, you'll need to request one from here.

note, you cannot request something specific, and it's no guarantee one will arrive, but that's the magic way that they appear.

~

CHIKKINZ?

Click here!
Picture of Tismalleen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smaug:
ScorpionShard - I have linked your faq under the title click.

if you wish it to be linked to a more interesting member title, you'll need to request one from here.

note, you cannot request something specific, and it's no guarantee one will arrive, but that's the magic way that they appear.

Heh, I think I requested something interesting, and look what I got.

I also requested something clickable, and of course it wasn't clickable at first (until Smaugy felt sorry for me).

Just so you get an idea of the way it works, Shard. Smile

✄--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.

Posts: 2414 | Location: fluttering about | Registered: September 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
some people have asked for updates, if they've had their current one for a while.

just saying.

~

CHIKKINZ?

Click here!
Picture of Tismalleen
posted Hide Post
Nuh-uh! I was taught my place, and one time was enough.

Besides, I'm quite happy with this one the way it is.

✄--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.

Posts: 2414 | Location: fluttering about | Registered: September 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Adoration of the Modii
Picture of Masque
posted Hide Post
So, you've moved?
yes.. the large move was Jan 24th and we got the rest out by Febrary 8th.

You have Pictures of the new place?
Not yet.. still haven't found my camera.. found the uplink cable though Big Grin (half a loaf)

You said that you hav a big back yard. How big is it?
5184 ft².. that is 81'x64' +/- the porch, AC unit.. etc..

Ft²? that is the abbriviation for square feet or foot squared..

That is a lot of back yard!
yeah, surprised me too..

What are you going to do with it?
a bit of gardening, a firepit, a place for graffalke to do some pel work and some melee training...

You have room to do all that?
yai.. I also plan on making a couple garden areas in front too.. maybe. oh just maybe, it'll discourage people from littering in the yard and possibly cutting across the yard too...

How long do you plan on being there?
Only 2 years, then getting our own place.

Why go through all that trouble for only a couple years?

To leave a place better than I found it.. and while I'm doing that.. save a little on the grocery bill..

-- Give a man a fish, he eats for the day; Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime; Teach that man to cook, and he can feed the world....
Head chef in the Realm of Procrastination and Unproductivity, Dp.u.: "You want fries with that?"
Holder for the Golden Pineapple Pin.
------------------------------------------------
If it is on the plate, its food. If it crawls off the plate; Kill it and put it back on the plate.
------------------------------------
I love small furry creatures; especially in a good sauce.

Posts: 13941 | Location: In the Kitchen, Cooking Something. | Registered: March 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wigber
Picture of Mean Old Man
posted Hide Post
Do you believe in God?

Yes.

And the afterlife?

*shrugs*

Hard not to.

Posts: 1154 | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post