Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Personal FAQ
 Login/Join

is like fusion cuisine, if Canada can be seen as having a cuisine.
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
You're back again?
Yes I am.

There must be something new in your life then, because your name hasn't changed (like last time).
That's not a question, but it is true!

Well? What's new?
Quite a few things! For one, Twilite and I are now living in a real-life sized apartment, not a teeny-tiny studio. For another, we have a baby girl!

A baby?
Yes, her name is Molly and she was born on the last day of August 2011. She's adorable and awesome and we love her very very much.

So what's it like being a mom, then?
It's pretty amazing. I have this tiny little human who completely relies on me for everything - food, warmth, care, entertainment...

And are you happy?
I am. Wonderfully, supremely happy. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
no maps for these places we're lost within
Originally Registered: June 14, 2007

Posts: 2535 | Location: Happy Place | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
click?
posted Hide Post
Right, think of questions...
Explain the name?
Well, I live in an old house called Magpie Farm, and I want to be a jeweller- they just seemed to go together.
So, what are you doing right now?
Currently writing this, but I'm in the last year of school doing art, english and history, as well as attempting to organise various other things.
Hobbies?
Making LOTS of jewellery, occasionally glass painting, attempting and failing to sell said jewellery at craft fairs, reading, singing in lots of choirs, procrastinating, wishing for a soldering torch and bellringing. Yes, bellringing, and yes, I'm weird. It is actually quite fun, and I've managed to discover the secret society of bellringers, which is good.
Stats?
17,short, female.
Favourite reading?
Gaiman, Pratchett, and basically any decent fantasy. The longer the better,because I read fast.
What do you want in the future?
That soldering torch. Also the ability to be able to use a cigarette lighter easily, to light said torch. I'm not a failed pyromaniac really...

Posts: 61 | Location: the madhouse | Registered: November 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half the man he used to be
posted Hide Post
Oh god, was I supposed to do one of these?
only if you want to, no one is breathing down your neck

So why now?
it's friday and work is really slow

Ok, so get on with it already
i'm matt. i live in san diego california usa. i like loud live music, good beer, furry cats, staying up late, waking up early, ingesting lakes of coffee, and riding a bicycle everywhere

So you're a hippie?
i'm NOT a hippie, i am just me, an individual, just like everyone else

But you're pretty much all about music?
yes. i play in 3 bands currently, the living room at my house has no furniture and equipment everywhere, we throw shows about once a month in the living room, pretty much all my time and money goes to music, and if you're ever in san diego and you want to go to a show, hit me up and you will feel that west coast hospitality

So music is the only thing you like?
hardly. i inhale books of every genre, i lurk the internet in every kind of nerdy forum and site, i adore video games, i am often to be found at a museum, enjoying paintings and sculpture, or up a tree, or the side of a mountain, or sometimes sleeping

Sounds like you're pretty busy!
i have a fortune taped to my desk at work: "You are a bundle of energy, always on the go."

Whoa, you work? That's not very punk rock bro!
gotta pay the bills! rent won't pay itself...up the house punx!!

Ok dude...
get a job! those 40s in your backpack are made by CORPORATIONS yo

Do you have anything more to add?
yes...this board is a grand place. tacos rule. visualize world peace

Take a shower!!

Posts: 411 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I just re-read my entry, posted in September, 2007. Nothing's really changed!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Cable:

I hear you have a Coke habit.

True. I drink at least one Coke a day. Coca-Cola that is. I need my caffine. It's my only vice. I'm sure my heart will explode some day. I hope it's not too messy.

one? ...pussy Razz

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In control
Picture of Caspian
posted Hide Post
Oh dear. My one of these is terribly out of date--enough that I think I'll just write a new one. Maybe a kind mod will redirect my linky so it linkies here instead if I ask?

So Caspian.

Yes.

Your last FAQ said you were a clown. Still true?

Um ... kinda. I've never actually managed to bring my clowning supplies with me to Newfoundland, so though I would still do clowning on occasion if I could, the occasion hasn't come up in a while.

Newfoundland!?

Yes. I've left the prairies for the least prairish place in Canada.

Hey, you live in Newfoundland now, how do you get a one-armed Newfie out of a tree?

Wave. And I find that joke deeply offensive.

Really?

Well actually, I don't but plenty of people around here do. "Newfie" is actually an offensive term here, especially when it's used by mainlanders.

I live in England. I'm not a mainlander.

If you're not from Newfoundland you're a mainlander.

Is it true that Newfoundland has its own time zone?

Yep. We're half an hour off of the rest of the world. All the tv shows start on the half-hour instead of on the hour.

And do they really talk funny there?

Deed they do b'y.

What are you at?

This is it.

What's after happening now?

Yes, b'y.

Arn?

Narn.

Okay I think that's quite enough of that. Fun though. So what brought you to Newfoundland?

I moved my whole family so I could do a PhD here.

Family?

Yup. My wife Jayelle posts here once in a blue moon, and we have two daughters, G and M.

What's your PhD in?

English literature. Specifically, the changing representations of the sacred and the secular in 15th century literature and particularly in Sir Thomas Malory's Morte Darthur.

But wait. I thought you said before it was about Superman.

Did I?

Okay one last question. How come you never post anything except ukulele videos?

I'm not sure. I read lots though, if that counts for anything.

Okay then. Long may your big jib draw.

G'wan my son.

----------------
Never stare into a car's headlights and freeze, because you'll either be run over or shot.

Posts: 1766 | Location: Everywhere you wanna be. Like Visa. Or is that American Express? | Registered: February 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Priest.:

Are you a Republican?

No, just evil.

How evil?

For the past three years, I have been buying friends copies of the novel A Game of Thrones, knowing the series it begins will never get finished.

For the love of Jah, why!?

It's fun to be the tide that washes away all those lovely sandcastles.

Do you still think it'll never get finished? Really? Frown

And I never did get round to doing a FAQ. I guess it's because people never ask me questions so I wouldn't know where to start. Maybe I will one day. You never know.
Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Motley,

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2709 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Job yet?

Nope. Mad

Posts: 32868 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Click here!
Picture of Tismalleen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Motley:
And I never did get round to doing a FAQ. I guess it's because people never ask me questions so I wouldn't know where to start. Maybe I will one day. You never know.
Smile

Oh you should go for it! I think I did mine mostly with questions I frequently ask myself. Smile

Anyway, why don't people ask you questions? And I swear I'm not trying to be clever by asking you a question just because you said no-one ever does. It's just that that's actually something I could've said myself, too. I seldom get asked anything, and I can't remember the last time anyone asked me anything personal. (There are lots of people I regularly interact with who don't even know where I come from, for instance, even though they must hear from the first word I utter that I'm not Dutch.) And I sometimes wonder about that...

Anyway, we used to have this really nice thread where people took turns asking each other all sorts of questions... I learned so much about the other boardies. Like their gangster names! What would be yours?

✄--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.

Posts: 2413 | Location: fluttering about | Registered: September 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Tis what a lovely reply that was. I can't believe I haven't seen it until now. Thank you x

PS What is your gangster name? :P

Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2709 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dragons Bard
posted Hide Post
So what is with your user name?

I play harp to my pet dragon.

Pet dragon! Are you nuts?

Yes, a little.

Why did you leave the board so long?

I got locked in the attack by a guerrilla bat. Nah not really, I have really obsessing over video games like Skyrim, Minecraft, Portal 2, Fallout 3 etc...Plus going to college as a non traditional student.

What are you studying?

I completed my AA in Science and communications. Now I am working on a masters in Computer Science.

Are you back then?

I pop in and out. I will be checking in while I am on med leave from school.

What are you doing today?

Cooking dinner for the two 18-year old boys and their guest. They are still sleeping at 4pm after having a Halo and Magic card game party with 4 other young adults who brought extra xbox's here. They had two TV's split into 3 players and were chasing each other around on Halo.

Lets hope I do not burn the rice while I am posting here.

Peace

Posts: 3568 | Location: Valhalla | Registered: May 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
could be the Video who killed the Radio star.
Picture of fluffyllama
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ophelia's Vengeance:
quote:
Originally posted by fluffyllama:
omg i think i never did an FAQ.

quick someone ask me a bunch of questions!

Ooo!!!

Why Llama?

What are you thoughts on alpacas?

What is your favorite kinda of cheese?

If you had to live in one Neil Gaiman story/book, which one would it be and why?

Why, Llama?

Because one must.

What are you thoughts on alpacas?

They are also quite as fluffy and llovely as llamas.

What is your favorite kinda of cheese?

The burnt crispy melted cheese bits, like on top of a lasagna, or the bits that dribbled out of your grilled cheese into the pan. mmm...

If you had to live in one Neil Gaiman story/book, which one would it be and why?

oooooh geeze...well Sandman is my favorite, but the dreaming has so many possibilities, and so many of those possibilities are utterly terrifying! -- side note, the other day i'd dreamed of a project going really well at work, then realized it was a dream, was fairly exasperated, then made a mental note to ask my boss if i could bill time for dreaming. then i woke up and went to my desk to work from home ::eyeroll:: -- but ANYway... you know what, i would totally live in Sandman if I could be Lucien's assistant librarian ^_^

Then neverwhere is the close runner up, a) london is cool and b) london undrground would keep me on my toes.

Why didn't you do one of these FAQs yonks ago?

welp, i often went through bouts of "i aint gonna just because everyone else is!" but what a terrible way to play along that is.

How much do you love your new hair cut?

sooooooo much ::swish-swish::

lookit me, i'm postin! wheee!

Posts: 14241 | Location: Mpls, MN USA | Registered: August 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Part-time amateur cardiologist
Picture of wanderinginmn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Motley:
quote:
Originally posted by Priest.:

How evil?

For the past three years, I have been buying friends copies of the novel A Game of Thrones, knowing the series it begins will never get finished.

Do you still think it'll never get finished? Really? Frown

LOL, good thread necro Llama. The above from 4 years ago made bourbon come out of my nose.

-Ivan.

Posts: 1997 | Location: MPLS, MN, USA | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maeve:
So... how do you pronounce your name?
it rhymes with "save"

Mauve, who's your favourite author?
It's M-A-E-V-E, there's no U in there, I am not a colour.

yeah... So, Mauve, who is your favourite author?
Terry Pratchett

Why aren't you on his message board then?
I was, years ago. It didn't seem a very welcoming place. Please remember that this was years ago and my personal perception. I knew Neil Gaiman existed and did Sandman, but I never read those - I read Good Omens, way back when it came out in paperback the first time.

So you never read Sandman then?
Nope. Both my roommates (1990, lived in Philadelphia) read and collected the comics, so I know vaguely what it looks like, but honestly I don't have a clue.

Knitting? Really?
Yup. In my soul, I am an artist and designer. In reality it rarely comes out the way I wanted and expected. It seems like I am a maker of useless crap that people say they adore but will never pay for.

Cooking and baking? Why don't you have proper recipes?
I like to experiment. And it's very satisfying to me when I get to feed many people. If I ever do visit any boardies offline, you can expect food Smile

Since 9 years have passed, it's time for an update I guess...

Nobody really does the Mauve/Maeve thing anymore, probably because I don't encounter many new people online. The internet has changed. The trolls used to be funny, now they seem to be in charge, in the meat world.

I still haven't read all of Sandman. I just prefer words instead of pictures. I like books. Currently desperately and impatiently waiting for several authors to just finish the damn books! This includes, but is not limited to, Patrick Rothfuss, Jasper Fforde and George RR Martin.

I still like stabbing string with sticks. I have written a few patterns - I finally managed to create a pattern that I like to wear, looks like what I imagined, and I managed to write out the pattern for it. So, yay me.

I still like cooking and baking. A lot. In fact, dad requested a cherry pie last night, so I should go start that.

Nothing new? Just this same old stuff? Well, yeah, mostly. I'm boring, but I'm a catalyst for fun things. My son just turned 16 and so I live in interesting times. I make him read weirdy books and watch movies and have raised him so that he understands pop culture references. He amuses me and I hope he goes out into the world and amuses lots of other people.

I've met lots of Boardies so far. I hope to meet many more! *hugs*

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're a bit new to being doing one of these aren't you?

I sort of thought that given the current... neglect the forum is receiving, it would be good for people to know a bit about the new blood.

That sounds reasonable, what do you do?

Well, I'm in my last year of school before uni, I study English Lit, History and Biology and will be doing English Lit again at Uni. In my spare time I like to read, watch netflix, play TF2 and FTL and sing in one of my 5 (yes, five) choirs.

That all sounds pretty sedentary, don't you do anything to stay fit?

Short answer: no. Long answer I have pars stress fractures on the 5th lumbar vertebrae. These pretty thoroughly prevent me from any sport beyond darts.

The article says that it is normally manageable, how come yours isn't?

Mine is especially bad, my fifth lumbar vertebrae is sacralised which made the fractures much worse and, unfortunately, unfixable.

If you have a broken spine how come you can walk?

Ahh, FAQ you've fallen victim to the general public once again.

No need to get defensive, why do you keep underlining stuff?

Hyperlinks, for when someone else has already said it better than I could. You know there's a handy button to do it for you on the post a reply page?

I'm running out of time and I haven't even asked you the basics yet!

Sorry, FAQ, shoot.

Top five favourite books?

American Gods by NG,
Northern Lights by Philip Pullman,
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini,
Schlump by Hans Herbert Grimm,
Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut,
and really anyone of the City Watch series by Terry Pratchett. (Not necessarily in that order)

Good list, pie?

Thanks, my Mum's apple crumble (that counts right?) really is something special.

I'm sure it does and I'm all out of questions.

Thanks FAQ, I'm afraid you'll probably be going back in moth balls for a wee while.

Oh, I'm used to it

(edits for spelling and links and stuff)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JJWeir,

Posts: 49 | Location: Just outside the M25 | Registered: October 05, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Noooo - no mothballs here. Oh, hang on - that was in December wasn't it!

Still, your joining the board has prompted my humble submission. I joined in October 2007 - so it's only taken me 10 years to do it!

So... why Motley
I chose MotleyHippie first – the brightly coloured/dodgy hippie I was (I used to help run a local Greenpeace fundraising group). But I prefer Motley (reminds me of that dog Mutley in the Wacky Races – heeehheeehheeee)

You’re a bit old to play on a board aren’t you?
Yup. But then I’m your original big kid. Overweight and childish.

Who’s your favourite author?
Now that’s a tricky one. Is it Tolkein? Is it Mr Neil? George R R Martin? Kurt Vonnegut Jnr? Stephen King? Mervyn Peake? Agatha Christie? Terry Pratchett? - I don’t know. But then I never was any good at making decisions.

Have you read Sandman?
I started (and collected ALL the comics) but never finished them. When the bad dreams came I had to stop reading them. Are they supposed to do that?

So, why are you here?
Mr Neil. I developed a little crush after I took one of his book dedications seriously. You know the one? But Keanu Reeves is my favourite inaccessible crush.

Hobbies?
I am an artist in my heart – but the body can’t seem to keep up. Colours, textures and designs sing to me but whenever I try designing anything it rarely works the way I want it to. Well sometimes, but that’s usually more of an accident. I did complete three years at art college studying jewellery design, but then along came a little frog and we liked her so much we followed her up with a robin and a princess.

Work?
I’m a secretary. Well, I was for so many years, but now I’m a marketing assistant, which I’m not so keen on but will try for a while - I don’t read the newspapers, I don’t like politics or watch the news and tend to ignore anything serious. I “stick my head in the sand” and wonder what happened – so why the hell would they want me as a marketing assistant? I like work but preferred the 3 hour lunch breaks and parties we had when I worked in the big city of London for a PR firm. My first bosses were Ruth Rendell’s husband and Francis Sitwell – I loved that job.

Not work
I yearn for a simple life, sunbathing on the sand, travelling, meeting people from all over the world, rowing boats down rivers, firing bows and arrows, wandering the countryside and living in a tree house or hobbit hole in the country (or on the beach) (only in the summer you understand), reading books or laughing with friends. None of this has happened (except the reading bit). It doesn’t sound hard to achieve does it but I’m a lazy bum who reads and sits on the computer instead of doing it.

What’s your favourite kind of cheese?
I love cheese - every cheese. I’m on a slimming world diet so cheese is a limited luxury, which actually makes it better because I enjoy and savour it. But I like chocolate more. Mmmmmmm chocolate.

If you had to live in a Neil Gaiman book, which would it be and why?
Anansi Boys. I’d be Rosie (even though I’m nothing like her) I just love Fat Charlie! Either her or Easter from American Gods (the book!)

Why didn’t you do a FAQ when you first joined?
I turned to a couple of boards because I wasn’t getting out enough and was losing my friends. And although I love this place and love you all, it hasn’t replaced the pleasure of having a gang of friends to do stuff with.

Have you ever found anything cool?
I found a ring in the boughs of an apple tree when I was young. It has numbers and letters on it and I still have no idea what it was doing there and don’t seem to be able to find out. It’s a mystery.

Pets
We had bunnies when I joined the board, hence my lagomorphic wannabe tag, and we had a snake, guinea pigs, hamsters and fish. Now we have kitties and a tortoise. I have a kitty on my arm as I try and type. I imagine many of us do.

Stats
Girl. Married. 5ft 6ins. Green/brown eyes. Grey/brown hair. Yellow skin.

Kurt Vonnegut

is like fusion cuisine, if Canada can be seen as having a cuisine.
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
Back again?
For a bit. Nostalgia, you know?

Well, anything new in your life?
Actually yes - I have a kindergartner and a preschooler now. And a dog. And a new house, on a different island than I was on previously.

Sounds like big changes.
Yes, but good ones. TM is officially in business with his game company, we are away from the city we ended up hating, and the future is bright.

Happy for you. Still reading?
Yep! I'm wanting to get American Gods on my e-reader but waiting for a sale. Gotta re-read it before I watch the show!

Stats?
OK. Girl/robot. Married. 5ft 4ins. Blue eyes, glasses. Weird hair, always. Pale skin even after going on 8 years in the tropics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
no maps for these places we're lost within
Originally Registered: June 14, 2007

Posts: 2535 | Location: Happy Place | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post