quote:
Originally posted by D M:
*is curious about what family Lord Groan is from*

does it start with a 'fitz'? Razz

Posts: 20848 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has a beaver that talks
Picture of supersnazz: fiend for rawk!
posted Hide Post
You know, I haven't done one of these yet...

The Musics: Mr. Fusion
The Writing: CBLDF Embloggenings

Posts: 15711 | Location: A few miles west of crazy... | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D M:
*is curious about what family Lord Groan is from*

I assumed it was from Gormenghast. Which I have yet to read. I've read bits of the three books and the poems, but... I didn't get even a third of the way through the first book.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25414 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lord Groan
posted Hide Post
Nail on the head there! Ghormanghast is where Lord Groan comes from.

As to my own surname's origins, i would love to be able to tell you it is connected to Romanov, and how i wisely stay away from Russian communists, but that would be a lie.

---------------------------------
insert witty signature here.

Posts: 43 | Location: beyond good and evil | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sittin' at the dock of the Bayeaux Tapestry
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
I know! You're Heng-Chen, claimant to the Imperial Throne of China! Son of Yuyan, descendant of the Daoguang Emperor! Am I right?

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35348 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only sounds like Keith Flint
Picture of Rob!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hive-mind:
Oh! Okay, Eldi, what's with the "hits bitches like switches" sig?

Okay, I can start with that.

I had posted my OKcupid profile in the flamewars section asking for help to make it more interesting. I had meant to type, in one portion, that I like to hit the beach when its rainy and cold and such, but I had been talking to my ex girlfriend at the time... I typed bitch instead.

Switches is a slang term(though a very litteral one) for having hydrallics on your car, since you flip switches to make the car move around. I thought it was funnier like that and made a sig out of it.

It's no longer in my sig, maybe it should be.

Since nobody else asked me questions I shall make some up:

"What is an eldi/how did you come up with that name?"

I've been Eldi for a very long time in various aspects. It started as an e wrestling(shut up!) character. I named myself after my favorite wrestler, Lodi.

"Lodi and Eldi are not the same..."

Yes, they are. Lodi was a parody of Billy Idol. Idol, Lodi. Idle, Eldi.

I've since found out that Eldi also means, essentially, to make babies, I forget what language that was. There are other meanings too, I think. I've noticed more and more people using it as a name though. Back when I ran Killmusick.com I would google Eldi and find nobody but myself. Now there are a lot more.

"What's killmusick.com?"

It is a horrorcore rap website that I used to run with a former friend of mine Kapitol G. It was fun running a website but I left over the fact that Kap is a republican and wanted me to write positive reviews of shitty cds simply because they'd paid for advertising.

"Tell me more about kap."

He was a satanic rapper who...

"a satanic republican?"

Yeah, I don't get it either. Anyway, enough about him, this is MY faq.

"So you listen to satanic rappers?"

Sometimes. I listen to a lot of music. I love music. I can jam to a lot of different styles but I'm kind of picky on artists. Like, I love me some billie holiday, some george jones, some kapitol g, but not "similar artists".

"Why are your tastes in music so broad?"

I think its because when I was a kid my parents would fight a lot. They were extremely loud and the only way to drowned the noise out was to turn on the radio. I had this old dial radio that didnt get very good reception and would end up listening to a station that was somewhere between a country music station, a hip hop station and a mariachi station. The static, and musical elements blended together in odd bits, plus you had the parents in the background who you could never really drowned out.

There is also the fact that I live in So Cal and every other car that drives by is playing different music.

But, yeah, I love different music. My ex calls the music I like Skitzocore.

"Why?"

She says it sounds like shes riding in the car with 100 people who are all fighting over the radio.

"Interesting. So tell me about your comics."

I try to write stories that make me feel good to have written them. I think story telling should be important and respectful and that I should try to remain as honest as I can. I write stories with fictional settings but try to keep the content very near my heart and soul.

"Who are your biggest writing influences?"

Neil Gaiman and the Insane Clown Posse. I love Octavia E Butler, now, but she wasn't one who made me want to write, though we write similar stories, sometimes.

Well, she wrote hers ages ago. They just happen to be similar to stories I wrote before finding her work.

Other influcnes are The Undertaker(Mark Calloway) from WWF(oldschool shit!) and Raven(Scott Levy ECW/WCW).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jADCKWY_jGs

Thats raven.

"Anything else interesting about you?"

No, not really.

Posts: 2193 | Location: LA... sort of. | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has been eaten by a grue.
Picture of Apathy
posted Hide Post
I've thought about posting in here, but I can never think of questions to ask myself. maybe it just means that you peoples have more cool things to say about yourselves than I do. Big Grin

~ fLame Woosh ~
Elite Special Force Procrastinator, trained in High Arts of Extended Coffee Breaks and
Master Linguist of the Water Cooler Conversation

Posts: 7134 | Location: the gloaming | Registered: November 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only sounds like Keith Flint
Picture of Rob!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Apathy:
I've thought about posting in here, but I can never think of questions to ask myself. maybe it just means that you peoples have more cool things to say about yourselves than I do. Big Grin

what are you apathetic about?

Posts: 2193 | Location: LA... sort of. | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In control
Picture of Caspian
posted Hide Post
So.

So.

Caspian. You're a C.S. Lewis fan?

I sure am. Although it has been my alter-ego for so long, both online and in the real world, that I almost forget that "Caspian" is from C.S. Lewis.

Why do you need an alter-ego in the real world? Suspiciously: are you a criminal of some kind?

No, Caspian is my clown name.

Clown name?!

Yup. I've been a (part-time) professional clown for more than 10 years now.

I'm afraid of clowns.

You probably aren't. You're probably afraid of bad clowns, of which sadly, there are far too many.

Hey, how do you get a clown off of a swing?

Hit it in the face with an axe. And I find that joke deeply offensive.

Really?

No. Well... maybe a little.

So what do you do when you're not clowning around?

Funny.

Seriously though, what else do you do?

I'm a PhD student in English.

Oh, what's your thesis about?

Superman.

Nietzche or Siegel and Shuster?

Siegel and Shuster. Tights. Flying. Kryptonite. Superman.

Really?

Yup.

What are you saying about Superman?

Ugh. Ask me in two years when it's all done.

Come on ... tell me something!

Well, this may all change very dramatically, but as of right now, it's all about connections between pre-modern and postmodern writing. I'm looking especially at how illuminated manuscripts are like comic books, especially focusing on King Arthur and Superman.

Anything else I should know about you?

I have a little girl named Guinevere. She's a non-stop chatterbox with an amazing imagination.

My wife and I are also expecting another kid any minute now.

Awwwww

Damn straight.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Caspian,

----------------
Never stare into a car's headlights and freeze, because you'll either be run over or shot.

Posts: 1766 | Location: Everywhere you wanna be. Like Visa. Or is that American Express? | Registered: February 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has been eaten by a grue.
Picture of Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eldi:
quote:
Originally posted by Apathy:

what are you apathetic about?

very little, actually. Razz

~ fLame Woosh ~
Elite Special Force Procrastinator, trained in High Arts of Extended Coffee Breaks and
Master Linguist of the Water Cooler Conversation

Posts: 7134 | Location: the gloaming | Registered: November 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So how did you get this job?
I just sort of stumbled into it really, decent pay, light background check, experience not required

Your writing style seemed to change from post to post, why is that?
Well, I do try to tailor my questions to whoever I happen to be currently interviewing, and that does require me to not bring my own personal biases to it

How do you like the job so far?
Oh, it's alright. To be honest some people are overly sarcastic or mean when I'm just trying to ask questions so we can all get to know them better. That part of the job can get me down a bit you know?

No offense, but some of your questions can be pretty assholeish...
I know... I'd like to apologize for that. Like I said, I really just stumbled across this job and don't always know what I'm doing...

Posts: 1 | Registered: August 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

I must admit, I was hoping The Board would answer this too Smile

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20598 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahr, fear the power of the elf-man!
Picture of Lan Martak
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

I think I may revise my interview with FAQ.

Like a where are they now series.

I do come by and read these on occasion.

I love the link shortcut.

------------------------------
Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Posts: 15886 | Location: The Cenotaph road and Oh-Hi-Oh | Registered: October 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I just re-read mine and it's still pretty valid. Smile

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25414 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vampiric Scottie-bat trainer

posted Hide Post
I never made one myself.
People don't ask me stuff - I usually volunteer much more information that they wanted anyway....

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lan Martak:
I love the link shortcut.

Link shortcut? Confused

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4116 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
When your click on people's member titles, which are only clickable if they have a Personal FAQ, it takes you directly to theirs.

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
huh...not mine. oh well.

----------------

Posts: 4116 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
PM Dweller or Aitapata, maybe they forgot to do yours.

Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
will do! thanks.

----------------