Tools

Your Personal FAQ
 Login/Join

is non-diabetic
Picture of Chocolate Sundae
posted Hide Post
*makes Weeble Wooble*

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Posts: 253 | Location: Gameplayer with Spoon and Cherries | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
*steals cherry*

*runs away*

~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~
Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10993 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is non-diabetic
Picture of Chocolate Sundae
posted Hide Post
*chases after Weeble, flailing spooon*

Avast blubber! I'll heelhaw yee for that!

Posts: 253 | Location: Gameplayer with Spoon and Cherries | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
*throw bananas at the sundae*

Edit: *throws bananas at Furibunny*

Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10993 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wigber
Picture of Mean Old Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chocolate Sundae Beard:

*chases after Weeble, flailing spooon*

That's just a gorgeous, timeless visual. I'm faxing it to Chuck Jones's crypt.

Posts: 1154 | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Weeble:
*throw bananas at the sundae*

Edit: *throws bananas at Furibunny*

*takes bananas and rum, uses Fury to ignite them*

*pours flambéed bananas over ice cream*

Bananas Foster, YAHR

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24405 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
Picture of His Noodle Girl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aitapata:
Special bonus for anyone who posts their personal FAQs.

Click on your member title.

Smile

Oooh! Awesome. Big Grin
Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: His Noodle Girl,

__
I like it maybe 63 percent!

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no knowledge of the Munich Incident, so stop asking
Picture of Wayfarer
posted Hide Post
So do you really fear wasps?
Yes, I either freeze or run away very very quickly. Unless I'm outdoors.
so what's with the stripes?
I like to use avatars that I can make on paintbrush. Given my (lack of ) skills, that's fairly limiting. Plus I like stripes.
So why are you here?
I have not yet found my purpose... Oh you mean why am I on the board. well, I lurked for a while and then I wanted to meet people for a signing. I ended up staying because everyone here is so friendly, amusing, clever, etc.
So, you've studied politics. I guess you want to be a politician?
No. I'm just interested in politics. Actually I study more theory and I'd like to be a lecturer/researcher.
So what are you studying now?
A Phd in philosophy of politics. I'm only just starting, so it's still an MPhil.
What do you want to research?
The idea that human agency is a composite of rationality and irrationality and the implications of incorporating this into political theory.
Err...ok. Stats?
5'7''/Blue eyes/dark brown hair/25/ somewhere between 9 and 10 stone - I have no idea really/Taurus/water dog

Posts: 5864 | Location: The Cast Iron Shore | Registered: September 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is tired of these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane
Picture of general punk, MA
posted Hide Post
name

I'm Lizzy to my family. even my 3 and 6 year old nephews do it. most of the time they leave out the Auntie. *sigh* yes auntie.

Liz to most of my friends because well...i'm Liz...really.

Elizabeth in official correspondence and school. its WEIRD! like i'm a grown up. *shudder*

stats?

brown hair (when not dyed), green eyes, 5'5ish, fluxuate between 150-165, O+, libra, 25 years old, 26 in under a month *HINT HINT*

silly punk?

i'm silly and i like punk?
and metal and opera and all sorts of things...but punk is my soul dude! rawr! angry music is happy-inducing! it is...it is!!! Mad

so the syrup thing?

okay. yeah. the power of boardie meets and being me. mmm...and its syrup!! mmm..sugar...

so why do you drink now?

well. hmm. i drank for a bit when i was 18 but then didn't like the people i was drinking with. so i stopped because i knew it would piss 'em off *giggle* then i thought it was just a good way to get through university. but i always said i wanted to try absinthe (because van gogh cut of his ear while drinking it...yes...i am that much of a history geek). but then i found out that i liked all the people i was hanging out with and was not in university...sooo...

that and i discovered whiskey...and then ale...i am an old man when it comes to my alcohol...

you ever going to finish your MA?

yuppers. just gotta decide on which continent i wanna live on first...damn world.

why did you join the board

i don't know...it seemed like a good idea at the time Razz

favourite work by NG
i am really partial to his short story collections. and good omens.

why do you like history

because the period i studied is so utterly fucked up. Big Grin i like chaos!!! defenestrations all around!! and violence. its really misunderstood...no its not. i just like violence.

do you really want to be a crazy old cat lady when you grow up

yes. its the easist option. and i like cats.

WEVA?

i really have to clean my room. and buy whiskey. Joe is coming.

are you really happy all the damn time?

mostly yes. i have my random outbursts of anger, sadness etc. but really, its just like bloodletting. once its gone, its gone and i can resume being eternally cheerful. what gets me down is when i can't make other people happy. everyone should be happy!

High Ranking Official of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination,
Dean of the UUP, First Class member of the order of the Pineapple.
-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Adoration of the Modii
Picture of Masque
posted Hide Post
Hey Masque, Some more questions.
ok...

So, you cook?
yai.

What is your favorite recipe?
yeesh, it is easier to ask what is my least favorite recipe....

Err... ok. What is your least favorite recipe?
Candied yams.. really don't like them.. won't manke them out of principle and I can't use coconut in any form...

Is it true that you have over a million recipes?
While I haven't counted all my recipes.. it is a fair assessment..

You didnt tell what your blood type and chinese zodiac is; what are they?
what are you... a chiang-shih?! O-neg/Fire Horse

Umm ok... What is a "chiang-shih"?
a chinese vampire.. often called a "hopping ghost"

Thank you for anwering my questions and not attacking me."
who is to say I won't? j/k.. or maybe not..

-- Give a man a fish, he eats for the day; Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime; Teach that man to cook, and he can feed the world....
Head chef in the Realm of Procrastination and Unproductivity, Dp.u.: "You want fries with that?"
Holder for the Golden Pineapple Pin.
------------------------------------------------
If it is on the plate, its food. If it crawls off the plate; Kill it and put it back on the plate.
------------------------------------
I love small furry creatures; especially in a good sauce.

Posts: 13941 | Location: In the Kitchen, Cooking Something. | Registered: March 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
So...Smaug?

Yes?

Scales?

No.

So why Smaug?

Because I was a paranoid person when I first joined the board and didn't want anyone to know I was female. Both my cats are named after dragons (Smaug and Tia Mat) but I thought Smaug was nicely neutral.

You're a woman?

*sigh* Yes.

But you're favourite TV Programme is Top Gear, you're an accountant who looks after computer systems and you watch animie and read comics.

I'm a nerd...sue me.

Is your hair permed?

You think I'd do this to myself on purpose?

Favourite food and drink?

Curry and Red Wine.

Really?

Yes, really.

The avatar?

Miss Ed and cowboy be-bop is the bestest... I tried to walk like her once but I found having bones in my arms was a disadvantage for the first time ever!

Oh, okay...Last question...are you really a woman?

**walks out of thread**

**walks back in to add one extra piece of information**

What are you again?

Ah, someone has already answered that for me.

You are an Accomptant. You keep track of the King's accounts, which is a fairly simplish job: his current holdings is always A LOT, and his expected revenue is always MORE. 'Sgood ta be da King. As long as there isn't a peasant uprising, you're likely to keep your head. Also, you're the only one in the office who knows how to use an abbacus. (Or multiply.) (Or add.)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Smaug,

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20598 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sittin' at the dock of the Bayeaux Tapestry
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35348 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye of the Tigger
Picture of Seccotine
posted Hide Post
so, what's your real name, anyway ?

My real name's Fanny. Which is a pain in the ass (Roll Eyes) even in France. When someone marks zero points at petanque, he's said to have done Fanny, which relates to the fact that back in time, that same guy had to go kiss Fanny's ass, Fanny being the ugliest woman of the village. Anyway...

My chosen name's Violette. Chose it back in the days when I was an holmesian geek, by creating the character of Violette Moriarty's, Holmes's real nemesis, based on the fact that I was sure Watson was trying to hide something by creating the character of Professor Moriarty (to whom he couldn't even find a proper name, as he kept calling at least two of the three Moriarty brothers 'James'). So I decided he was concealing the fact that Holmes's nemesis was really a woman, and Violet being the most used female name in the Holmesian Canon, I took it. Since then, lots of my friends call me Violette. I even dated a guy once, who's probably still convinced that it's my real name. Big Grin

My third name's Louise. Chose this one as a writer's name when my first text was published. No particular reason, I just liked the name.

stats?

brown hair (black or reddish most of the time due to dying), blue eyes (sometimes green, depending on what I'm wearing), 1m60 - 5.3, 72kg at present time (158lbs), O+, taurus, 30 years old

Seccotine ?

I'm quite sticky Big Grin
One of my friends gave it to me after the Spirou character.

didn't you lose some weight, recently ?

Yup ! Lost 30kg (66lbs) since last February.
And no, I didn't intend to. And you're right, that's too fast, but I'm not choosing that either. Smile

why did you join the board

Because of the cookies and the red balloons.

favourite work by NG

Definitely Good Omens. And the Sandman. And Neverwhere. And...

are you really not looking for Mr Right ?

Nope, definitely not.
And no, I'm not looking for Mrs Right either,no.
And no, I don't want children.
And no, I don't think I'll change my mind when I come accross the right guy, thanks for asking.

WEVA?

DANS TROIS DODOS !!! (used to count like that when I was a child. In three sleeps)

*bounces out of thread*

Posts: 969 | Location: frog eaters' land | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assistant *fwap*er
Picture of Giabow
posted Hide Post
When did you last taste yellow? Or Thursday for that matter?

The Thursdays taste yellow thing (my old sig) came from a conversation about synethesia. In my mind, all the days of the week taste like a color. Thursday happens to taste yellow (which is the taste of a Lemonhead when you're just through the sour part to the sweet part in the middle - a little sweet and a little sour.)

Assistant f*waper?

I used to be assistant hedgehog wrangler. I got a promotion. Let someone else assist the hedgehog wrangler.

So, what is it that you do, exactly?

My job at the moment is Administrative Assistant at a performing arts school. In my real life, I'm a stage manager.

Knitting? Really?

Really. I started knitting for something to do when I was a senior in college. I'm not as good as I ought to be at this point (still can't get the knack of sweaters) because I'm too impatient to follow the patterns carefully and frog a row or ten when I screw up.

Why are you here?

I joined the board for something to do. Really. I was living in NH. The Boy™ was in grad school. I was unemployed and bored. I stumbled across the blog and then over to the message board. TheatreGeek Amy drew me in with the Musicals Only Quote Game Thread.

Stats?

hair: brown/ eyes: brown/ height: 5'4"/ weight: yes/ bloodtype: no idea/ age: 27/ sign: Scorpio

The only really sane person in there is Igor, and possibly the turnip. And I'm not so sure about the turnip.
~~ Terry Pratchett

Posts: 25462 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
lives deliberately
Picture of Alaura
posted Hide Post
Hey, Alaura?

Hmmm?

Got a quick question for ya: why do you call Dweller in Darkness "Betty?"

Because he calls me Al. It's a really old reference to a middling Paul Simon song. And I think it might be symbolic of the fact that ever since I first started posting on the board, Betty and I have been on the same page when it comes to obscure pop culture references. We are each other's Dennis Miller.

ego forceps ergo ego forceps

"Chives?"�
"Yes, m'lud?"�
"Is that Ms Ephemera hovering over the croquet lawn?"�
"Indeed m'lud. She's marshalled all the haggle-dans. Missy-twigs and vale-nymphs from Claypole Woods. Apparently she intends to tear this house down and dance on the ruins."�
"Well, Chives, you'd better start the car, what? And pack my tennis things too"�
--- Joe 3Heads

Posts: 11426 | Location: In a perpetual state of Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
really is wicked
Picture of St.Barbarella
posted Hide Post
quote:

Smile

But mine was so bitter!

-----------------------------

St.Barbarella:
Sexy Tart.
Buys Ale, Reads Books, And Really Enjoys Leaving Lovers Aching - JP

yes, University is all about incontinence - Mythos

You are a Tradesman. Long before labor unions, your guilds were powerful enough to make a free-market capitalist run away screaming. Who controls the British Crown? Who keeps the metric system down? You do, you do.

Posts: 11561 | Location: ooop norrff | Registered: May 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
This power, in the wrong hands, could be dangerous.

here
Picture of Jest2Ask
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ok My Favorite Answers to Questions ...

1 - Purple
2 - Magical Brownies
3 - 42 and sometimes 27
4 - Wednesday
5 - Yes please ...

Questions I am often asked ...

Do you really believe that?
Are you serious?
Are you trying to be funny?

I have often wondered why do they say on a more serious note ... when noone is playing and instrument.

I like the word(s) Serendip / Serendipity / Serendipitous Smile

I had never heard of Neil Gaiman before discovering this site, but plan to read Stardust soon ... The Movie just stopped showing at 1st run theaters (large Multiplex which I seldom go to as I dislike jumbo Malls) in my area a week or so ago but I plan to catch it if / when comes to smaller neighborhood theaters ...

Posts: 305 | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Weeble:
This power, in the wrong hands, could be dangerous.

Dangerous in the right hands, too. I'm just waaaaiiittttiiiinnng for Tongster to do his own FAQ.

Wink

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no knowledge of the Munich Incident, so stop asking
Picture of Wayfarer
posted Hide Post
Mine does n't seem to work. Frown

Posts: 5864 | Location: The Cast Iron Shore | Registered: September 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post