Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    The Gamer's Table III: Return Of The Undead Dice of Horror and Evil
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 55
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Gamer's Table III: Return Of The Undead Dice of Horror and Evil
 Login/Join

Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
Krynn is part of the Dragonlance setting. That link I sent you should have a number of those books listed as well. I really liked their Dragons series of a few years back.

The Icewind Dale trilogy is lighter than the Dark Elf trilogy, a bit more like an RPG written down, but it's quite entertaining and introduces a lot of characters and plots from other books in Faerun.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48705 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Wicked Little Critta
Picture of Mr. Chadtastic
posted Hide Post
That sounds great Dweller. I'm kind of excited to get reading something new again.

Which specific Dragon books in Dragonlance were you talking about? I saw at least 6 or 7 books with Dragon in the title.

-----------------------------
Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. Additional handling charges may be required.

Posts: 6928 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: November 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has a beaver that talks
Picture of supersnazz: fiend for rawk!
posted Hide Post
well, the pretty standard dragon series are the seasonal ones... Dragons of Spring Dawning, Autumn Twilight, etc.

The Musics: Mr. Fusion
The Writing: CBLDF Embloggenings

Posts: 15710 | Location: A few miles west of crazy... | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Wicked Little Critta
Picture of Mr. Chadtastic
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for the recommendations and Dweller, thanks to you I have the Dark Elf Trilogy sitting on my nightstand.

I very much look forward to reading it.

-----------------------------
Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. Additional handling charges may be required.

Posts: 6928 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: November 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
posted Hide Post
Yay! Let me know what you think. It's been a few years since I last read those.

- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 48705 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
Dweller, do you own Complete Mage?

----
My baby is cuter than your baby!

Posts: 12866 | Registered: February 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
posted Hide Post
Nope. It seemed to have a lot of wasted pages. I do have access to a copy of it, though. Why, something in there that looked good for your fire-guy? (I'm still working on that, by the way, if you'd like to see what I've found so far)

- G.K. Chesterton

Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
I was curious if there was anything in it that would help with Pork Chop.

----

Administrator/Colporteur
posted Hide Post
There are a few things. The Elemental Savant (pg. 32) looks most helpful. I think I mentioned them upthread. They have quite a few nifty abilities, including becoming an "elemental" at the last level, making you immune to charm person spells and other similar effects.

- G.K. Chesterton

has a beaver that talks
Picture of supersnazz: fiend for rawk!
posted Hide Post
World D&D Day tomorrow!

Local comic shop is having the guys from The Gamers movie there signing. So nothing fancy, considering I went to school with half of them. I think we're just gonna start drinking around 3:00, make a bunch of characters, boost 'em up to level 20, and have drunken duels Big Grin

The Musics: Mr. Fusion
The Writing: CBLDF Embloggenings

Posts: 15710 | Location: A few miles west of crazy... | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firekeeper's Sister
Picture of VegaRiad
posted Hide Post
I ran Changeling game!
it was awesome!!!

today we found out what happens when you mix hyperactive pirate raccoons and skiball machines

also we all got eaten by a plastic-and-metal chimera with glowing green eyes in the middle of a pinball-machine jungle
pizza figured in majorly too

it totally wasn't even my idea to go to Chucky Cheese's either. My players were the awesomest. Big Grin

-Natalie
----*-*-*-*----
I have heard the Languages of Apocalypse,
and now I shall embrace the silence.

Posts: 2775 | Location: The bottom of a small bowl of imaginary winged serpents | Registered: March 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
Roleplaying the Lord of the Rings.

Narrator: You want to go shopping? Your quest has only just begun!
Aragorn: Have you seen my starting equipment? All I have is this broken sword!

----

Lexis Nexus
Picture of St.CountZero
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

----------------------------
Adept of the Burning Chrome

Posts: 16372 | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
*Facepalm* Damn you, Anime! DAMN YOU!

----

Picture of Matrix Destiny
posted Hide Post
Oh man...The name alone is frightening. I can only imagine what some of the gamers I know would do in a game where their young female character has to survive against "...the adversity of otherworldly demons, shadowy agents and the Japanese educational system." Way too many gamers go straight for the hentai and would emphasize the otherworldly demons angle...

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws."
- Plato

"I am the true Destiny -- for I have his boots!" -- me

Matrix's Musings

Posts: 570 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: May 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
posted Hide Post
I just want to hear some of the players defend their choice of campaign.

- G.K. Chesterton

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dweller in Darkness:

And I thought I was scared before when a gamer said "I saw this in an anime"!

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws."
- Plato

Matrix's Musings

Posts: 570 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: May 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matrix Destiny:
quote:
Originally posted by Dweller in Darkness:

And I thought I was scared before when a gamer said "I saw this in an anime"!

Indeed. It's getting to the point where you can't even trust, "I saw this on Vampire Hunter D."

- G.K. Chesterton

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tongster:
Roleplaying the Lord of the Rings.

I read through these, and this one was my favorite. I've encountered this several times. I've found that one must be very careful while GM-ing games with Tongter as a player...

- Plato

Matrix's Musings

Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
1. Your link no worky right; you're linking to the wrong picture.
2. Hey!

----