Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    The Gamer's Table III: Return Of The Undead Dice of Horror and Evil
Page 1 ... 52 53 54 55
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Gamer's Table III: Return Of The Undead Dice of Horror and Evil
 Login/Join

Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
So my superhero gaming group in Buffalo (thank you Skype and Google Hangouts) is trying to come up with a supergroup name.

My own suggestion, The All-Americans (in honor of America's greatest fallen superhero <who was just killed following our group's plan>, Neil Armstrong aka The All-American), was accompanied by this classic song.

The other group members' suggestions:
quote:
Corporate Legion In Total Opposition to Rulebreakers, Insurgents, and Subterfuge
Justice Incorporating Specialized Metahumans
Highest Anti-Terrorism Extremismists (possibly stolen from Highest Anti-Terrorism Effort, from Nextwave)
Super Powered Entities Representing Metacorp (Metacorp being a corporation run for Metahumans)
Federation of Enemies of Louts, Terrorists, Criminals and Horrors

So, yeah, I'm the sanest member of the group.

----
My baby is cuter than your baby!

Posts: 12872 | Registered: February 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got a itch to get a new board game, kinds burnt out on Arkham and zombies etc. would like something sci if based really? Maybe card based? Any fellow gamers? And thank you!!

Posts: 499 | Registered: March 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has a beaver that talks
Picture of supersnazz: fiend for rawk!
posted Hide Post
I've enjoyed what I played of Race for the Galaxy, which is a sci-fi card game.

The Musics: Mr. Fusion
The Writing: CBLDF Embloggenings

Posts: 15711 | Location: A few miles west of crazy... | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Queen of New York
Picture of Dread Captain Psyko
posted Hide Post
Obligatory mention of SPACE HULK.

Posts: 9561 | Location: Noo Yawk. | Registered: December 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by manydjs:
Got a itch to get a new board game, kinds burnt out on Arkham and zombies etc. would like something sci if based really? Maybe card based? Any fellow gamers? And thank you!!

Dominion.
Epic Spell Wars of the Battle Wizards: Duel at Mt. Skullzfyre

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48716 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
Now you can help turn Jack Chick Tracts into a movie!

----

Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
Wait wait wait. Vin Diesel taught Dame Judi Dench and Karl Urban to play DND?

Dame Judi Dench DMs for her grandchildren?

How did I not know about any of that?

----

Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
Oh, looky, more minis!

----

here
Picture of The Boy™ PhD
posted Hide Post
Okay, RPG update—I have recently begun playing Star Wars Edge of the Empire. As much as we like the idea of visiting the Star Wars universe, we're putting the campaign aside and switching to something else.

Problem 1: No material. There's not enough source material in the system to run a campaign without either making everything up yourself (which I loved when I was a kid and had time to daydream universes without much interference) or converting from West End D6 supplements, in which case, we should just play the D6 game because…

Problem 2: The core mechanics are bad. They seemed okay on paper, but the PCs are completely ineffectual. We're as bad as the Stormtroopers in the original trilogy.

After we wrap the current adventure next session, we're putting the world on hiatus until we can figure out how to house-rule it into a playable game and we're going to play nWoD Mage instead.

Posts: 2813 | Location: Penn State University | Registered: May 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
WEG D6 Star Wars is the BEST.

----

has a beaver that talks
posted Hide Post
D6SW was my first RPG. Good times.

Posts: 15711 | Location: A few miles west of crazy... | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
here
Picture of The Boy™ PhD
posted Hide Post
You almost have to feel bad for Fantasy Flight. They're obviously going to be compared to WEG's game and that's an impossible standard to match.

Maybe Edge of the Empire can be fun. It should be. We're just having a tough time finding it. The custom dice are weird and roll results are inconclusive.

Since I'm here, I may as well talk about my character. I'm the deposed Senator of Ord Mantell. You know that scene where Vader says that the Emperor has dissolved the Senate? Yeah, that happened to me. When some of them are being rounded up and shot, I got smugglers to take me home.
So I maxed out my social stats and Persuasion skills and am playing the face of the party.
I based my character on Kevin Spacey's Congressman character from House of Cards. I really wish I could do more with this guy because I'm starting to like him.

Posts: 2813 | Location: Penn State University | Registered: May 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has a beaver that talks
posted Hide Post
Conceptually, I liked a lot of the stuff that WotC did with Saga Edition, but I never really had a chance to dig in and play it much.

Picture of Croaker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Boy™ PhD:
You almost have to feel bad for Fantasy Flight. They're obviously going to be compared to WEG's game and that's an impossible standard to match.

Maybe Edge of the Empire can be fun. It should be. We're just having a tough time finding it. The custom dice are weird and roll results are inconclusive.

that's odd - most things I've heard about it so far say that the dice mechanic is the high point.

And it was the best part of WHFRP 3rd edition.

---------------------
Good Dreams don't come cheap, you have to pay for them.

Posts: 1405 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
In honor of Squat Appreciation Day (which is apparently a thing now), here is a gallery of my mini army of space dwarves for 40K.

----