Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    HBO's Game of Thrones (*WARNING* Spoilers are a possible)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HBO's Game of Thrones (*WARNING* Spoilers are a possible)
 Login/Join

Picture of Game Wizard
posted Hide Post
I saw those on IGN, I'm very excited to see how well these people are with these parts especially Melesandra (I think that is wrong), Davros, and Stannis.

To me, those characters make up the meat of the 2nd book.

Oona Chaplin is an interesting choice, not so much her but her character as they have only speculated that she might, emphasis on "might" be playing Jeyne Westerling (HUGE GIGANTIC SPOILER STOP READING NOW IF YOU DON'T WISH TO KNOW MORE!!!) who will be come Robb's queen later on, but not until book/season 3 so the reasoning IGN gave was to help flesh out Robb's whole storyline a little more as he was never a POV chapter/character for whatever reason Martin had, but I suppose since he is a huge player in the stage of Westeros he must be fleshed out a little to help give him some more depth, especially when he has a major event happen to him in Season 3/book 3.

I find this more plausible since the only other Jeyne that I know of is Jeyne Poole, Sansa's friend who was not in Season 1, and was never seen again until book 4 (won't go into details since the show is no where near that stuff yet so won't bring it up.

Ok, will stop with the spoiling stuff now.

Just remember, I said there can be spoilers here so I hope no one gets too upset if they read some. It is just hard to use euphemisms and hold back when I want to be able to discuss what happens both in the show and the books....and now I'm rambling or maybe it is because I'm tired and writing this at 12:30 at night that I only think I'm rambling....gonna stop just in case anyway.

--------~~~~~~~*******
When Life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make Life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What the hell am I supposed to do with these!? Demand to see Life's manager! Make Life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Posts: 275 | Location: Somplace where there is cake.....What do you mean the cake is a lie? | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vampiric Scottie-bat trainer

posted Hide Post
Have you guys seen this?
Big Grin

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
needs a blanket very badly. The better to "yahr" you.
Picture of Alinda, the lost girl in long stockings
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ceridwen:
Have you guys seen this?
Big Grin
Haha! Brilliant! Big Grin

So, FB gave me this: Game of Thrones for Dummies

"If you are going to get anywhere in life you have to read a lot of books." Roald Dahl
"I still love the book-ness of books, the smell of books: I am a book fetishist - books to me are the coolest and sexiest and most wonderful things there are." Neil Gaiman
"Even so, there is no excuse for putting pineapple on pizza." Terry Pratchett

Have you fed your adorable, lovable and huggable lost girl lately?
"Continued exposure to the Lost Girl's avatar causes people to forget how to count and to repeat things." Joe_3Heads

I obey the Alaura
High Priestess in the Alaurian Movement

Posts: 9940 | Location: under a big red blanket, somewhere in milano, italy, europe, earth | Registered: September 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knows there is no spoon
Picture of The Wanderer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ceridwen:
Have you guys seen this?
Big Grin

There's a site called Game of LOLs which collects funny tidbits like those. So far they have 9 pages of them. Enjoy!

quote:
So, FB gave me this: Game of Thrones for Dummies

There was also a good webshow on youtube that went by the same name and did a week by week summary, complete with info about who newly introduced characters are, an idea of their importance and roles, etc.

Episode 1

And just for everyone's amusement; A Game of Muppets.

James

Wandering, but not lost.

"You are a Knight Errant. All of the fun of rescuing damsels, and none of the paperwork." - Royko

Posts: 8394 | Location: New York | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer:

And just for everyone's amusement; A Game of Muppets.

ha!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ZoneSeek
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2627 | Location: Manila | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Biscuitkeeper
Picture of Matt Cable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZoneSeek:
Game of Thrones as a SNES RPG

Awesome!

Posts: 10768 | Location: Michigan | Registered: April 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Part-time amateur cardiologist
Picture of wanderinginmn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Cable:
quote:

Awesome!

Indeed.

-Ivan.

Posts: 2051 | Location: MPLS, MN, USA | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ZoneSeek
posted Hide Post
Made me want to play FF6 again. :\. I could rename Terra as Arya, Locke as Jon, Edgar as Ned...

Posts: 2627 | Location: Manila | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Game Wizard
posted Hide Post
quote:

"I like his mustache."

--------~~~~~~~*******
When Life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make Life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What the hell am I supposed to do with these!? Demand to see Life's manager! Make Life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Posts: 275 | Location: Somplace where there is cake.....What do you mean the cake is a lie? | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
*bump* for Game Wizard Wink

I watched Season 1, then immediately bought and devoured books 1-4 (still waiting for 5 to come out in paperback). And now I'm quivering with excitement about the new season!
I've seen ep. 1 and 2 of season 2, and it looks like it's gonna continue in awesomeness. Especially Tyrion "I put the IMP in PIMP" Lannister. Big Grin

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Game Wizard
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, forgot about this thread. Didn't know how far back it was pushed as I was the last one to use it in August of last year.....long time.

--------~~~~~~~*******

Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
I am going to be avoiding this thread like the plague since I don't have HBO and will have to wait until season 2 is released on DVD.

Posts: 37700 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I am a bit ambivalent about this season:

1. I know we're nowhere near the end.
2. It took so long for the DVDs of season 1.
3. The actors are good, the casting was good and so I know it'll continue to be good, but there aren't any new characters coming up that I really care about.

It is fun to encounter people out in the real world who watch this show and enjoy it and they don't really seem the type.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Biscuitkeeper
Picture of Matt Cable
posted Hide Post
Amy got me a t-shirt for my birthday. It has a direwolf with his head chopped off and says "Ned's dead, baby. Ned's dead."

Awesome.

Posts: 10768 | Location: Michigan | Registered: April 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Ha! That is awesome, Matt. Big Grin
There is some pretty creative merchandise out there, like Joel Watson's "Winter is Coming" design.

Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Ha! That's brilliant, Ceridwen!

Picture of Game Wizard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maeve:
I am a bit ambivalent about this season:

1. I know we're nowhere near the end.
2. It took so long for the DVDs of season 1.
3. The actors are good, the casting was good and so I know it'll continue to be good, but there aren't any new characters coming up that I really care about.

It is fun to encounter people out in the real world who watch this show and enjoy it and they don't really seem the type.

The actors are fantastic. The only one I didn't think was a good fit was the actor for Janos Slynt. To me he didn't seem like the douchey sleeze he was in the books. Then again he doesn't do that much.

Everyone else is great so far. I am looking forward to seeing Margery Tyrell and Brienne.

My only concern is, when the inevitable comes and they will have to change the story some how because the people signing the checks can't help themselves when it comes to this.The show is going to go on for at least a few more seasons and they will change or add things that never happened or would never have happened in the books, but it will be in the show.

Why this is I'll never understand. I know some changes are needed like trimming it down for time and budget or some scenes would be impossible to shoot because it is too expensive like major battle scenes. I don't know what it will be, but I just hope they make them good.

I was going back and forth between laughter and groans when Theon was going to the castle with "Yara" knowing full well who she is and Theon, clueless to her identity as not seeing her for over 9 years, starts fondling her all over the place.....EWW!! And what is worse is she doesn't stop him at all!

--------~~~~~~~*******

was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
So this made my morning: Joffrey getting slapped to Guile's Theme.

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4118 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Game Wizard
posted Hide Post
So what did anyone else think of how Margery is depicted in the show?

I am actually surprised I enjoy watching her scenes (beyond the fact that her major one was topless, I'm shallow but not that far that I don't pay attention) especially when she reveals not only her knowledge of her brother and Renly's relationship together but that she is willing to go with it in order for him to basically get it up. Apparently he can make out with a woman but not get it up for one.

I did like Brienne's depiction in the show and was grateful that they didn't try and go over the top to make her ugly as described in the book....actually they really didn't make her ugly at all, just gave her a mannish haircut and kept it at that. Kind of a Joan of Arc type look all in armor, which I'm guessing is a possible inspiration for the character.

I was glad to see that Yoren didn't die lying down and even managed to kill quite a few before getting killed even with a crossbow bolt in the chest. Favorite line was his, "I hate crossbows, they always take too long to reload. *sword slash to guys face*"

--------~~~~~~~*******