Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    HBO's Game of Thrones (*WARNING* Spoilers are a possible)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HBO's Game of Thrones (*WARNING* Spoilers are a possible)
 Login/Join

has a beaver that talks
Picture of supersnazz: fiend for rawk!
posted Hide Post
That interpretation would make more sense if she stayed blind.

The Musics: Mr. Fusion
The Writing: CBLDF Embloggenings

Posts: 15711 | Location: A few miles west of crazy... | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has a beaver that talks
posted Hide Post
(and if she learned to do the face thing before she lost, and then regained, her sight)

Posts: 15711 | Location: A few miles west of crazy... | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knows there is no spoon
Picture of The Wanderer
posted Hide Post
Well, they managed to make it almost as gripping and brutal as the book, which is quite an accomplishment in and of itself.

Amazingly enough, the shit storm following it hasn't actually been as bad as I expected, although maybe I've just been hanging out in the wrong places and such for reactions.

James

Wandering, but not lost.

"You are a Knight Errant. All of the fun of rescuing damsels, and none of the paperwork." - Royko

Posts: 8394 | Location: New York | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
Hahahahahha!!!!

*Snort*

I apologize.

----
My baby is cuter than your baby!

Posts: 12872 | Registered: February 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
Still can't stop laughing . . . .

----
My baby is cuter than your baby!

Posts: 12872 | Registered: February 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vampiric Scottie-bat trainer

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Flinchy!:
Still can't stop laughing . . . .

Ugh, I can't keep reading those tweets. The stupidity of the "I'M GONNA BOYCOTT HBO OVER THIS, FUCK THE WRITERS, WHY DID KATHRYN STARK HAVE TO DIE"-crowd is giving me ragey feelings.

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has a beaver that talks
posted Hide Post
Poor Ron Stark.

is like fusion cuisine, if Canada can be seen as having a cuisine.
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
I avoided watching this episode because when I read the book, it was a "throw it across the room, no no NO" reaction for me.
But TM, who hasn't read the books, insisted I was being silly by avoiding the episode and so we watched it.
Thanks to untagged spoilers on Tumblr and of course, reading the books, I knew what to expect.
But still. Ugh.
I still hid my eyes for a good part of it. Although I caught the belly-stabbing. Ugh. Frown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
boldly going somewhere
Originally Registered: June 14, 2007

Posts: 2556 | Location: Not Honolulu, Hawai'i | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Great wyrm of Toronto
Picture of Mythos
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by supersnazz: fiend for rawk!:
(and if she learned to do the face thing before she lost, and then regained, her sight)

Actually, she hasn't learned how to use glamours yet like Jaqen H'ghar: if she ever does. Right now, they are just instructing her in the basics and forcing her to use them too. At the moment, they are grafting the detached faces of dead men and women to her face--through some strange alchemical and/or surgical method--in order to look like someone else: to the point where she can even feel some of her acquired skin's vestigial memories. I'm not sure, but it seems to me that not all Faceless Men can use glamours and only some of them can. The rest use the face-mask surgeries and other methods. But we will have to see.

Posts: 6059 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has a beaver that talks
posted Hide Post
@Mythos - Yes, this is what I am saying. That Keith's interpretation only makes sense if she had learned face-changing of any sort prior to going blind, which she did not.

Queen of New York
Picture of Dread Captain Psyko
posted Hide Post
quote:
Poor Ron Stark.

Poor John Starks.

Posts: 9561 | Location: Noo Yawk. | Registered: December 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Game Wizard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by G~R:
I avoided watching this episode because when I read the book, it was a "throw it across the room, no no NO" reaction for me.
But TM, who hasn't read the books, insisted I was being silly by avoiding the episode and so we watched it.
Thanks to untagged spoilers on Tumblr and of course, reading the books, I knew what to expect.
But still. Ugh.
I still hid my eyes for a good part of it. Although I caught the belly-stabbing. Ugh. Frown

What was amazing to me actually was the belly stabbing was what shocked me the most about that scene in the show. I've already read that scene in the books so I was already aware and prepared for is so I was already waiting to see how the show handles it. I was even thinking that Talisa since she was there, would just get her throat slashed like all the others or something.

But they already established she was pregnant so when they started stabbing her belly and in effect her unborn child as well, it sent an even more shocking and brutal message to both the character and the viewer. Just the sound of the act and her horrified and pain stricken face sent chills up me.

I thought they couldn't get more shocking too after seeing what happened to Ros when Littlefinger gave her to Joffery and his whole "There is only the Ladder!" speech.

--------~~~~~~~*******
When Life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make Life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What the hell am I supposed to do with these!? Demand to see Life's manager! Make Life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Posts: 275 | Location: Somplace where there is cake.....What do you mean the cake is a lie? | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
...anyone else feel the season finale was a bit anticlimactic?
I mean. Yeah, you can't end a season with a downer like ep. 9... but. This just felt like tying up loose ends, and no cliff hanger at all really.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
boldly going somewhere

Posts: 2556 | Location: Not Honolulu, Hawai'i | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has a beaver that talks
posted Hide Post
Season cliffhangers aren't really their deal. The first season did end a bit dramatically, with the hatching of dragons, but the season two finale was likewise mostly wrap up of hanging storylines.

Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Season cliffhangers aren't really their deal. The first season did end a bit dramatically, with the hatching of dragons, but the season two finale was likewise mostly wrap up of hanging storylines.

true, although there was a certain cliff-hanger aspect with Sam seeing the wights and the White Walker.
I think I might re-read the 4th book before the next season.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
boldly going somewhere

has a beaver that talks
posted Hide Post
I doubt the next season will get into the fourth book. They're still only about halfway into the third one.

Resting by the shade of the tumtum tree, yahr!
Picture of Moon Jester
posted Hide Post
Yeah GoT seems to be doing a pattern of everything big the second to last episode and kind of wrapping bits up in the last episode. They kept enough open obviously, but I thought it was nice to have that sort of episode after the Red Wedding. Even in the 1st season, I didn't think the dragons were so much of a cliffhanger, I mean they'd hinted at it enough they might as well just hit the audience over the head with it.

Also, yeah, I cannot see them getting into the 4th book at all considering where they ended. There's more than enough in the last half of book 3 to fill up the next season.

-----~~-----
Cthulhu for president~Why vote for the lesser evil?

Posts: 9600 | Location: I was hoping you could tell me | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Game Wizard
posted Hide Post
And considering what happens in the second half of the third book *coughs*jofferyweddingawesomeending*coughs*
It should make up for the Red Wedding.

--------~~~~~~~*******
When Life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make Life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What the hell am I supposed to do with these!? Demand to see Life's manager! Make Life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Posts: 275 | Location: Somplace where there is cake.....What do you mean the cake is a lie? | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
If anyone is in London this coming weekend, JASON FREAKING MOMOA and PETER FREAKING DINKLAGE will be doing a live commentary over an episone on Saturday night in Earls Court.

Tickets £20. Deets here

I have never seen this show but I would SO GO TO THAT.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hive:
If anyone is in London this coming weekend, JASON FREAKING MOMOA and PETER FREAKING DINKLAGE will be doing a live commentary over an episone on Saturday night in Earls Court.

Tickets £20. Deets here

I have never seen this show but I would SO GO TO THAT.

"The surprise guest is not signing at all"...GRRM himself?

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20599 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post