Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Death is not the end... and on Twitter!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Death is not the end... and on Twitter!
 Login/Join

Goofy Beast
Picture of Thirith & His Enormous Tibia
posted
Has anyone seen the first episode of Charlie Brooker's Black Mirror, series 2? (If you haven't, the Black Mirror episodes are well worth watching!) Anyway, the ep was about new tech that could analyse a person's online and social media 'footprint' and create a convincing simulation after their death.

Well, looks like reality is catching up with Brooker's imagination in weird and wonderful (i.e. creepy) ways:

http://www.liveson.org/

(Even though I doubt that this works well at present, I can definitely see such an offer becoming more and more refined... Brr.)

Posts: 10887 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: September 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dragons Bard
posted Hide Post
Wow, That is really weird. I have never seen Black mirror. I will have to check it out. Sounds like an interesting show.

Posts: 3569 | Location: Valhalla | Registered: May 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
It might be more fun to set up TWO executors that know completely different sides of you, JUST to keep it interesting.

And I'll look at Black Mirror now as well. Thanks for the heads up Thirth Wink

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post