Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Books we want as movies or miniseries
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Books we want as movies or miniseries
 Login/Join

Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wanderinginmn:
quote:
Originally posted by Ophelia's Vengeance:
Sounds like a good escape read. My copy of the latest trade of Papergirls arrived yesterday. Can't wait to dive in!

Will have to try to find that and check it out. Why are trade comic collections so damn much harder to find vs used books? Llama tripped me to Fable quite a few years ago, but it is damned hard to find. ugh.

I got the first four volumes at Forbidden Planet when visiting London earlier this year. Do you have a comic shop near you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12489 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Part-time amateur cardiologist
Picture of wanderinginmn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ophelia's Vengeance:

I got the first four volumes at Forbidden Planet when visiting London earlier this year. Do you have a comic shop near you?

I have lots, including Dreamhaven (MPLS) Cost of word and story versus time reading has always been an issue with me i guess (sacrilege i know.) I am fine paying 30 for a novel that will take a day or two to read. I love art. I have issues paying 30 for 5 issues of a graphic novel that i can read in an hour, even though the art is amazing.

Mental block of sorts, but Sandman is the only one I made an exception for that story length vs $.

-Ivan.

Posts: 2051 | Location: MPLS, MN, USA | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
I find myself feeling better about spending the money if I pass it along to someone else, be it a friend or the library. With my massive weeding through of All The Things, I'm only keeping a few special collections or issues (to include the Sandman series and its sequels).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12489 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guess what's behind door number pi!
Picture of Mystery Guest
posted Hide Post
I want a Guillermo Del Toro directed Cthulhu movie.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )

Posts: 5631 | Location: no fixed address | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Guest:
I want a Guillermo Del Toro directed Cthulhu movie.

YES, PLEASE!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post