Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    When the real world reminds you of the Board
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 56
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When the real world reminds you of the Board
 Login/Join

is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
This made me think of VegaRiad. Smile

~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~
Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10991 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahr!
Picture of FatPigeon
posted Hide Post
Not exactly the real world, but:

~ Gal-El

I don't have a drinking problem. What I have is a drinking solution.

Posts: 16427 | Location: Haifa, Israel | Registered: August 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
Hee! I thought of Domi when I saw that, too!

Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10991 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Doughmaster
Picture of TheatreGeek
posted Hide Post
On the History Channel right now...

Modern Marvels: Cheese

Big Grin

~ Non-Mod-Amy, aka Amy of the Lost Ark

You are a Bookholder. To prompt, or...LINE! (not to prompt) --not to prompt. That is the question. Whether t'is nobler to suffer the slings and arrows of a bad memory, or to take arms against a sea of textual deviations, and...LINE! (by opposing) --by opposing them...LINE! (end) --end...LINE! (them) --end them...LINE! (to prompt, to correct; no more; and by a correction to say we end the heart-ache of a really terrible performance) You didn't have to give me the whole thing! I know it!

Posts: 11747 | Location: Michigan | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheatreGeek:
On the History Channel right now...

Modern Marvels: Cheese

Big Grin

DAMN!! I wish I still had the History Channel.

(And, cheese isn't modern! It's been around for a very long time!)

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Starving artist doctor - well, not starving, but if you happen to have an extra biscuit lying around . . .
Picture of Causa Varmilly
posted Hide Post
Friend O, when putting away the cheese tonight:
quote:
'I have to put it in the fridge before it goes EVIL!!! Too late!! MWAHAHAHA'

*proceeds to menace room with cheese*

------------------------------
You are a Leprechaun. I'm not even sure what you are. Whiskey-soaked reports from your baffling Isle of Ire raise more questions than they answer. Are you a dwarf? Where's your pickax? If you're an elf, why don't you cobble? You'd think with all your gold, you could invest in some land, perhaps a title, and improve your station. Instead, you hide it in meteorologically-determined locations. You're getting killed on inflation, little friend!

Posts: 9036 | Location: Belfast, NI | Registered: April 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahr!
Picture of FatPigeon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marvinmarymac:
quote:

Is it Parmesan? If so, get that gym-sock smelling crap away from me.

~ Gal-El

Posts: 16427 | Location: Haifa, Israel | Registered: August 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Doughmaster
Picture of TheatreGeek
posted Hide Post
...and now the History Channel has a show about giant squid!

It's like Board night!

~ Non-Mod-Amy, aka Amy of the Lost Ark

You are a Bookholder. To prompt, or...LINE! (not to prompt) --not to prompt. That is the question. Whether t'is nobler to suffer the slings and arrows of a bad memory, or to take arms against a sea of textual deviations, and...LINE! (by opposing) --by opposing them...LINE! (end) --end...LINE! (them) --end them...LINE! (to prompt, to correct; no more; and by a correction to say we end the heart-ache of a really terrible performance) You didn't have to give me the whole thing! I know it!

Posts: 11747 | Location: Michigan | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
Geez, what's next? Something about red-balloon factories?

(I bet it's pirates. Pirates are all the rage, y'know.)

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
lives deliberately
Picture of Alaura
posted Hide Post
Two! Two! Two Board-references in one!

(Just saw this on my local cable station).

ego forceps ergo ego forceps

"Chives?"�
"Yes, m'lud?"�
"Is that Ms Ephemera hovering over the croquet lawn?"�
"Indeed m'lud. She's marshalled all the haggle-dans. Missy-twigs and vale-nymphs from Claypole Woods. Apparently she intends to tear this house down and dance on the ruins."�
"Well, Chives, you'd better start the car, what? And pack my tennis things too"�
--- Joe 3Heads

Posts: 11426 | Location: In a perpetual state of Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
I watched that without the sound... that is creepy. Maybe because I couldn't get Barn of the Blood Llama out of my head.

Starving artist doctor - well, not starving, but if you happen to have an extra biscuit lying around . . .
Picture of Causa Varmilly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FatOigeon:
quote:
Originally posted by Marvinmarymac:
quote:

Is it Parmesan? If so, get that gym-sock smelling crap away from me.

Smoked. Still weird, even for her.

------------------------------
You are a Leprechaun. I'm not even sure what you are. Whiskey-soaked reports from your baffling Isle of Ire raise more questions than they answer. Are you a dwarf? Where's your pickax? If you're an elf, why don't you cobble? You'd think with all your gold, you could invest in some land, perhaps a title, and improve your station. Instead, you hide it in meteorologically-determined locations. You're getting killed on inflation, little friend!

Posts: 9036 | Location: Belfast, NI | Registered: April 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vampiric Scottie-bat trainer

posted Hide Post
Saw an announcement for a concert by this band today - I will just have to go. If only for the name. Big Grin

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
When I drove to the dentist this morning,
I was on the highway behind an SUV bearing
the license plate BEEZER4. Smile

Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
Must have been my Evil Twin.

Freaking SUV driver.

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24398 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
yesterday at Sears I saw Hello Kitty sheets and thought of MoM.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahr!
Picture of FatPigeon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeZee:
Must have been my Evil Twin.

Freaking SUV driver.

Beelzebub?

~ Gal-El

Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Weeble:
When I drove to the dentist this morning,
I was on the highway behind an SUV bearing
the license plate BEEZER4. Smile

When I was driving up to Sacramento today, I saw a billboard for Beezer homes!

Beezee is taking over our highways, people!

Posts: 8092 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
We saw this yesterday:

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15843 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahr!
Picture of FatPigeon
posted Hide Post
*Wants nothing to do with the Vole Hole.*

~ Gal-El