Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    When the real world reminds you of the Board
Page 1 ... 53 54 55 56
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When the real world reminds you of the Board
 Login/Join

Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
I bring you Underwhelming Fossil Fish Of The Month, from the collections dept of University College London.

Here because it made me think of Matt, who might find it amusing.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15843 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
My kids watch 'Yo Gabba Gabba'. Sometimes, I watch it with them, and each time I find myself thinking of World's End.
-Between the dialogue of the characters and the musical guests, we are ALL to be found there in various forms.

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
of the sparkly hair brigade
Picture of del74
posted Hide Post
im pretty conviced my eldest cat is desire! she constantly antagonizes our newest cat and is very adamant in her loving us in front of him to make us jealous!

The 75 Delirians?
Umm well, number 2 is off sick, 38 is suffering from a mild case of sanity, and 74 has

run off to the world of men to spread sparkly gigglepops to their drab civilization.
Is she nuts?
Oh yes, she scored very highly on the entrance exam!

Posts: 3128 | Location: springfield, il, 62703 | Registered: August 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
I found something on FB this morning which reminded me of that wonderful thread of marvellous superpowers we all had (minus that special something which turned them into shit) but I couldn't find it. I was going to link it to the FB poster - I think he'd love it (Robin Stevenson - if anyone knows him?)

It made me laugh like an idiot. You boardies are so clever.

Anyway, he said:

"Truly useless and silly superpowers...lets hear them!
We discussed on the weekend the idea of a hero who's power was to be able to determine the age and architect of a building by taste alone..... tell me your stupid superpowers!"

What WAS that thread called?

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2709 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scourge of the Lower East Side
Picture of Nel Gurgle
posted Hide Post
It's Hal! Being Famous again!

----------------------------
Official Pineapple Master General of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination

He said 'It's all in your head,' and I said, 'So's everything'
But he didn't get it....

Posts: 14738 | Location: 'burbs of Chicago | Registered: September 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nel Gurgle:
It's Hal! Being Famous again!

Impressed!

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
And today I learned one of Llama's cousins was (is) childhood friends with two of my cousins.

----
My baby is cuter than your baby!

Posts: 12870 | Registered: February 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
Phrase I heard on the radio this morning: David Bowie's sex pit.

----
My baby is cuter than your baby!

Posts: 12870 | Registered: February 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Flinchy!:
Phrase I heard on the radio this morning: David Bowie's sex pit.

Sounds like my place of residence!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12402 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
I had the best Wigber/Gaimanii dream last night. Don't remember much of it, but it was awesome living close to EditEngine and the various Gaimanii who showed up in it.

~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~
Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10991 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scourge of the Lower East Side
Picture of Nel Gurgle
posted Hide Post
Llama!

----------------------------
Official Pineapple Master General of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination

He said 'It's all in your head,' and I said, 'So's everything'
But he didn't get it....

Posts: 14738 | Location: 'burbs of Chicago | Registered: September 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
Fabulous kiwi vacation story with a guy named Dan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8092 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guess what's behind door number pi!
Picture of Mystery Guest
posted Hide Post
I don't fish though. Razz

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )

Posts: 5625 | Location: no fixed address | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
I had a dream the other night all of us Boardies lived in the same neighborhood. It was dusk, and a group of us were chatting and joking around while the kids ran around in the yards. It was lovely.

...Don't we have some kinda plan for a retirement community commune?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12402 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
Please sign me up for the retirement community commune!

~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~
Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10991 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freelance metaphor inspector
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
The new IT movie trailer reminds me of us

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Posts: 22785 | Location: here | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JP:
The new IT movie trailer reminds me of us

I haven't seen it and I'm not sure I want to - Stephen King always manages to freak me out!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post