Science lounge
 Login/Join

Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smaug:
non-newtonain fluid on a speaker cone

I am immediately going to show this to people as the possibilities for an awesome, tuppeny-ha'penny alien special effect.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firekeeper's Sister
Picture of VegaRiad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smaug:
non-newtonain fluid on a speaker cone

I'm not sure why, but that reminded me of this:

cat in zero gravity

-Natalie
----*-*-*-*----
I have heard the Languages of Apocalypse,
and now I shall embrace the silence.

Posts: 2775 | Location: The bottom of a small bowl of imaginary winged serpents | Registered: March 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
Cats are a non-newtonian fluid. I don't have the math skills to prove it, but I'm sure of it.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48716 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is in perfect karmic alignment
Picture of Punkyfins
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cats are a non-newtonian fluid. I don't have the math skills to prove it, but I'm sure of it.

^ win!

-------------------
Blog: Room with a view.

~You are a *Taverner*.
Sometimes patrons want to go where everybody knows their names, though it helps when half of them are named John. When people want to celebrate, or commiserate, they gather to your establishment. You provide the atmosphere, the warmth, rum, and even an ear to bend. Did I mention the rum? Years before the language will be mangled with terms like facilitator and networking and interpersonal communication, you've overseen it all, and broken up a few bar fights, to boot.~
-Royko

Posts: 8667 | Location: Just north of Earth | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firekeeper's Sister
Picture of VegaRiad
posted Hide Post
Smile ^win squared Big Grin

Well, it's true they become more viscous when agitated.

-Natalie
----*-*-*-*----

Posts: 2775 | Location: The bottom of a small bowl of imaginary winged serpents | Registered: March 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
posted Hide Post
Viscous, vicious, what's a consonant between friends.

- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 48716 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firekeeper's Sister
Picture of VegaRiad
posted Hide Post
Viscous means sticky, right? Ever had to peel an agitated cat off your leg?

-Natalie
----*-*-*-*----

Administrator/Colporteur
posted Hide Post
I think it's the difference between sticky and stuck, but, yeah, I see what you're going for.

- G.K. Chesterton

lives deliberately
Picture of Alaura
posted Hide Post
Evidence of multiverses?

Coooooooool.

ego forceps ergo ego forceps

"Chives?"�
"Yes, m'lud?"�
"Is that Ms Ephemera hovering over the croquet lawn?"�
"Indeed m'lud. She's marshalled all the haggle-dans. Missy-twigs and vale-nymphs from Claypole Woods. Apparently she intends to tear this house down and dance on the ruins."�
"Well, Chives, you'd better start the car, what? And pack my tennis things too"�
--- Joe 3Heads

Posts: 11426 | Location: In a perpetual state of Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
Picture of His Noodle Girl
posted Hide Post
The Social Psychology of Flatulence

__
I like it maybe 63 percent!

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by His Noodle Girl:
The Social Psychology of Flatulence

Watch and learn. This video could save you from Taco Bell gas emissions.

Posts: 32901 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
The sun going blorp.

Blorp!

Posts: 32901 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is huge in Japan
Picture of Crow Girl
posted Hide Post
I saw OV 101 (shuttle Enterprise) and OV 103 (shuttle Discovery) during my layover in DC yesterday.

I got all misty and verklemmt, then I had a geekgasm.

Posts: 6977 | Location: Fahrvergnügen | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guess what's behind door number pi!
Picture of Mystery Guest
posted Hide Post
3D printing amirite?

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )

Posts: 5631 | Location: no fixed address | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post