Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    More questions that need anwering ...
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More questions that need anwering ...
 Login/Join

Are you my mummy?
Picture of Nemo888
posted Hide Post
I pity the fool who excommunicates Mr. T.

Posts: 852 | Location: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
Picture of His Noodle Girl
posted Hide Post
Seriously, Murph and Furious?

__
I like it maybe 63 percent!

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I don't really think my mother often referred to lady bits by any specific name. My grandmother had some colourful name for it that I just don't remember. My aunt had the oddest one though. 'Bug' I have no idea why she chose that term and I always thought it was stupid.

I will be little help to you - I have a boy and I delight in making him giggle every time I say 'penis'. Smile

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
My family called it a "crotch" - like a tree. Actually, they called the whole pelvic area that (for both sexes, I think), but I don't recall them ever being more specific.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8106 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by His Noodle Girl:
What do you call a toddler's lady bits (when talking to the toddler)?

When talking to other people's children (though it hasn't come up very often, thank god): private parts.

When talking to mine: penis or willy for a boy, fanny or vagina for a girl.

(Don't americans use "fanny" for bum, come to think of it? Here I'd only use it to refer to the front, not the back.)

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
I think "fanny" is a pretty outdated term over here. Unless you're referring to a fanny-pack, which has nothing to do with anatomy and everything to do with looking ridiculous.

I think my mom used "peepee" to refer to both boy and girl parts when we were little. I don't remember it ever coming up with any of my relatives, though.

ETA: Oh right, I also had a question. My cats have never had a problem with hairballs in the entire two years we've had them until the last month or so. Now it seems like they're hacking them up every couple of days.

Is it worth having them shaved, or should I just keep cleaning up? I haven't had much luck getting them to teach the hairball-control treats or dry food. I wouldn't mind so much except they've developed the habit of hacking them up in the middle of the night on the bed.

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4118 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
mutant hedgehog worm
Picture of halucinagenia
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hive:
quote:

When talking to other people's children (though it hasn't come up very often, thank god): private parts.

When talking to mine: penis or willy for a boy, fanny or vagina for a girl.

(Don't americans use "fanny" for bum, come to think of it? Here I'd only use it to refer to the front, not the back.)

Yeah hence my mirth as a kid watching "The Nanny" theme tune bit, as they kick here out on her "fanny" I always wondered how you could land on your fanny that would sting!

I think my mum used privates

Posts: 9896 | Location: The heart of gold | Registered: July 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
Vagoooooooooo.

----
My baby is cuter than your baby!

Posts: 12872 | Registered: February 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pirate/Zombie/Hero
Picture of Jena
posted Hide Post
Usually girl parts/ boy parts. The 5 year old has heard the actual words, I believe, but asking, "Did you wash your girl parts?" is a lot shorter than listing all of 'em!

Vice-Chancellor of the Heartless Bitch Council

Damn peer pressure

Posts: 5271 | Location: Sacramento, CA, US | Registered: August 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seriously, Murph and Furious?

Actually, "crotch" was the word used in my home when growing up, but "koosh' and "ding-ding" sound better!

Posts: 32901 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Are you my mummy?
Picture of Nemo888
posted Hide Post
Admittedly I have been known to call it a ding dong or ping ping(Tagalog). Male parts are called the junk, ie "Hey don't throw that, you'll hit Leo in the junk."

Posts: 852 | Location: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Click here!
Picture of Tismalleen
posted Hide Post
quote:

In Finnish, I call it with a neutral spoken language word we have for vulva/vagina (curiously, it's phonetically similar to ping ping which Nemo mentioned). In Flemish the whole question turned out to be a bit trickier, because Mr Tis comes from a conservative, repressed environment where THESE THINGS WERE NOT DISCUSSED. Se the only terminology he knew was either weirdly clinical or rather lurid.

Mr Tis even phoned his older sister to ask if there was a neutral word she used with her kids, but it turned out she basically mostly just relied on the family tradition of never really mentioning it, or in a pinch resorting to some vague "down there" type of expression, which was precisely what we didn't want to do. So finally Mr. Tis chose a word which according to my dictionary translates to more or less "little crevice", and at other times he just says vagina.

✄--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.

Posts: 2414 | Location: fluttering about | Registered: September 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post