Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    More questions that need anwering ...
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More questions that need anwering ...
 Login/Join

Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
914 meters long!

Nearly 0.6 miles!

As long as THREE aircraft carriers!

YOU COULD EASILY DROP TARGET FIELD INTO THE DOME SECTION! well okay maybe it wouldn't be -easy-...

Posts: 32901 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In control
Picture of Caspian
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I always assumed that the turbolifts move in any direction, and that the "lift" part is just a strange linguistic anachronism, like when we talk about a phone "ringing".

How is it that apparently any lift will take you to any lift door anywhere in the ship without any of them ever running into each other? Technology!

----------------
Never stare into a car's headlights and freeze, because you'll either be run over or shot.

Posts: 1769 | Location: Everywhere you wanna be. Like Visa. Or is that American Express? | Registered: February 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
Do we have a recipe advice thread? I thought so, but can't find one.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hive:
Do we have a recipe advice thread? I thought so, but can't find one.

Well, we have the recipe thread? People have asked for advice in there.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
thanks!

Yahr, fear the power of the elf-man!
Picture of Lan Martak
posted Hide Post
If two trolls debate in a thread, do they make a sound?

------------------------------

Posts: 15887 | Location: The Cenotaph road and Oh-Hi-Oh | Registered: October 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pirate/Zombie/Hero
Picture of Jena
posted Hide Post
Not unless you're reading it aloud, silly! Wink

Vice-Chancellor of the Heartless Bitch Council

Damn peer pressure

Posts: 5271 | Location: Sacramento, CA, US | Registered: August 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahr, fear the power of the elf-man!
Picture of Lan Martak
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jena:
Not unless you're reading it aloud, silly! Wink

LOL
Maybe I was talking about a body of water huh?...
no

Or "A mental impression; an implication"
no

------------------------------

Posts: 15887 | Location: The Cenotaph road and Oh-Hi-Oh | Registered: October 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I joined this conversation at a bad time... I'm just going to back away slowly... Roll Eyes

Posts: 111 | Location: Pudding Palace | Registered: January 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lan Martak:
If two trolls debate in a thread, do they make a relevant sound?

Nope.

Posts: 32901 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Click here!
Picture of Tismalleen
posted Hide Post
Today Mr. Tis got a letter from his old diocese stating that he's officially not a member of the Catholic church anymore. Yay!

So, how should we celebrate his newly minted heathendom?

✄--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.

Posts: 2414 | Location: fluttering about | Registered: September 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
.... a crazy night of luuuurve, using every contraceptive method you can think of, except the withdrawal one?

(Or calculate how much you'd put in a collection plate every month, and send that to a planned parenthood organisation with a card.)

I'm... kind of amazed you get official notification. I thought people just lapsed, not left?

Sittin' at the dock of the Bayeaux Tapestry
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
I think you can actually be asked to be removed from the Church, but yeah, most people just lapsed.

I haven't considered myself a believer of any god for about a decade, but technically I imagine I'm still a member of the Catholic Church!

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35359 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Click here!
Picture of Tismalleen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hive:
.... a crazy night of luuuurve, using every contraceptive method you can think of, except the withdrawal one?

Bwahaha!! Big Grin

quote:
(Or calculate how much you'd put in a collection plate every month, and send that to a planned parenthood organisation with a card.)

Um, I have no idea how much people are supposed to put in a collection plate, but a donation to Women on Waves and a few other organisations seems apropos indeed.

quote:
I'm... kind of amazed you get official notification. I thought people just lapsed, not left?

Oh, he left a couple of decades ago really, but just wanted to make it official rub the church's nose in it. (Basically, it irked him that he'd still technically count as a Catholic, so he went on and filed the paperwork some time ago.)

✄--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.

Posts: 2414 | Location: fluttering about | Registered: September 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ZoneSeek
posted Hide Post
Lucky. Our local arm of the Church makes it practically impossible to officially get out, they count on inflated baptism stats to maintain power.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Manila | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh Yeah!!!!!!

Posts: 111 | Location: Pudding Palace | Registered: January 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Biscuitkeeper
Picture of Matt Cable
posted Hide Post
My fortune cookie today:

quote:
Ask not what your fortune cookie can do for you but what you can do for your fortune cookie.

So I ate it.

*burp*

Posts: 10768 | Location: Michigan | Registered: April 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
Picture of His Noodle Girl
posted Hide Post
What do you call a toddler's lady bits (when talking to the toddler)?

__
I like it maybe 63 percent!

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is imperfectly illuminated
Picture of Murphy
posted Hide Post
a Woozie?

---------------
*is currently impressed*

Posts: 8147 | Location: London, England | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
a Koosh.