Notify
Tools

Last Call!
 Login/Join

Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted
Set 'em up, bartender.

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24418 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sittin' at the dock of the Bayeaux Tapestry
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
What'll it be?

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35359 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D M:
What'll it be?
A bucket of tea!

*SPLUSH*

*giggles and runs away*

~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~
Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10997 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Weeble:
quote:
What'll it be?
A bucket of tea!

*SPLUSH*

*giggles and runs away*

Red Face

Mad

Smile

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35359 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
Antimatter ... neat.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48716 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
So...

*drums fingers*

...who were the secret rules of the board, after all?

---

Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
So...

*drums fingers*

...who were the secret rules of the board, after all?

We had secret rules? Glad no one ever told me, I can’t keep secrets.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
Drat this utter awful keyboard

---

Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
Yes, I second the motion to solve the mystery of the Secret Rule(r)s of the Board.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12489 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
*walks up to the open mic, puts in a CD to the player, clears throat and begins singing into mic*

And now...the end is near...and so I face...the final curtain...

---

Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
*resists the urge to emulate John Mulanry and play What’s New Pussycat? 11 times.

*plays Closing Time*

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
waggish jackanape
Picture of Royko
posted Hide Post
I had to dig through the archives to find one just to remember how in the heck I used to do these, but here goes....

What Kind of Bourgeois Is The Board?

It is the City. It has stood for hundreds of years on the banks of the river Gaiman. Travelers came from great distances seeking shelter and respite, goods and comrades, good humor and enlightenment. Inside its gate, it offered every novelty and intrigue the imagination could conceive, as well as some dark alleys even the mind could not conjure. It has endured wars, famine, trolls, even a plague, but its sturdy walls and three noble guardians always kept its denizens and guests safe and well-cared for. Eventually, the travelers would return to their homes, carts full of intriguing wares and exotic spices and heads full of fantastic tales. And when the children's children of those travelers wanted tales from their journeys, the tales most requested would be those about the City at the World's End.

(Much love to all my fellow travelers.)

---------------------------------------------------------------
So fluffy you could die.
(blog)

Posts: 6919 | Location: Chicago | Registered: October 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is huge in Japan
Picture of Crow Girl
posted Hide Post
I’ll have an ice cold glass of... chocolate milk

Posts: 6977 | Location: Fahrvergnügen | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ophelia's Vengeance:
Yes, I second the motion to solve the mystery of the Secret Rule(r)s of the Board.

*looks down at his glass of antimatter*

I honestly don't like this stuff, you know. There's this guy I know, Michael, he swears by it, and he's clever and he knows things, and so sometimes I drink a bit of it in the hopes that his smarts will rub off on me. No luck so far.

*sips*

Hgh. Bitter. More bitter than usual. Probably an older vintage.

Anyway, he's an architect of ... well, a lot of things, but "architect" is still an apt description, and he has all these ideas. So many of them, and I know that he's going to bring them all to fruition, some day, and it's going to be a better world when he does.

He's not one of the Secret Rulers, though.

*sips*

The Secret Rulers were, of course, a ruse, a trick that I and certain other interested parties used in order to keep you all curious, to keep you all in suspense, to keep you searching and striving and looking for them. It was improvisational reality-making at its finest, and you all played your roles so well.

*sips*

You grew up, all of you, while I just ... got older. You're so smart, so capable, so kind, the lot of you. What Michael's building will save the universe, but you lot? You can save worlds, at least.

The letters in my signature stand for "Assistant Janitor." I know you know that, but what you don't know is that The Secret Rulers were training you to do my job. Not here, on the board, its time is done, but elsewhere out there.

And you're ready. You're so very ready.

*one last swallow*

*turns the cup over on the bar*

*leaves a stack of bills*

Drinks are on me. Rule well.

*exits, one last time*

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48716 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
Hmm...sounds like the kind of thing a shill for the Secret Rulers *would* say...

*eyes slyly gaze around him*

---

could be the Video who killed the Radio star.
Picture of fluffyllama
posted Hide Post
i remembered my login!!
ok, so how did i leave my avatar....

ahhh, classic ^_^

lookit me, i'm postin! wheee!

Posts: 14243 | Location: Mpls, MN USA | Registered: August 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
I want to keep this forever.

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24418 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sexy beast
Picture of John Tesh
posted Hide Post
Did someone ask for a little background music?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
wouldn't you love some sax by the fire?

Posts: 266 | Location: in the sound of music | Registered: October 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
could be the Video who killed the Radio star.
Picture of fluffyllama
posted Hide Post
NOPE.

lookit me, i'm postin! wheee!

Posts: 14243 | Location: Mpls, MN USA | Registered: August 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In control
Picture of Caspian
posted Hide Post
Oh hey, I remembered my login information! Nifty.

----------------
Never stare into a car's headlights and freeze, because you'll either be run over or shot.

Posts: 1769 | Location: Everywhere you wanna be. Like Visa. Or is that American Express? | Registered: February 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post