Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    2012 End of The World
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2012 End of The World
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I try, I try. Wink

Posts: 111 | Location: Pudding Palace | Registered: January 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vampiric Scottie-bat trainer

posted Hide Post
Stop trying.
Please.
Just stop.

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
The Creator - are you aware we have an 'ignore poster' option as individual posters?

If you want people to keep reading your posts and interacting with you you may wish to keep that in mind before you post some of your more insulting or silly posts (like the one to Scott or the one with far too many !!!'s)

I'm only going to give you ahead's up warning here, Dweller may take a different view on your behavious as a poster and I'll fully support him.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20599 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is tired of these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane
Picture of general punk, MA
posted Hide Post
Heh.

I just remembered that post going around Facebook the other day that the current calendar accounts for leap days/leap years where of course the Mayan calendar didn't. So according to the Mayans, or at least the duped idiots who think 2012 is somehow special because of the Mayan calendar, the world should have ended seven months ago.

I love math and logic.

High Ranking Official of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination,
Dean of the UUP, First Class member of the order of the Pineapple.
-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smaug:
The Creator - are you aware we have an 'ignore poster' option as individual posters?

If you want people to keep reading your posts and interacting with you you may wish to keep that in mind before you post some of your more insulting or silly posts (like the one to Scott or the one with far too many !!!'s)

I'm only going to give you ahead's up warning here, Dweller may take a different view on your behavious as a poster and I'll fully support him.

After repeated abuses of poster goodwill (and this board's post count limit), I gave Creator a final warning a few pages back. Honestly, I could've done this a while back as Creator pretty much ignored it. Creator is now banned.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48716 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is tired of these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane
Picture of general punk, MA
posted Hide Post
thank fuck for that.

High Ranking Official of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination,
Dean of the UUP, First Class member of the order of the Pineapple.
-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
posted Hide Post
I ban someone simply because they're unpleasant, but when they're unpleasant, spammy AND a single-issue poster, well, they write their own fate, but I'm quite willing to autograph it for them.

- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 48716 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by general punk, MA:
thank fuck for that.

QFT.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8106 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I had it on ignore*, so I only wandered into these threads when everyone else posted.

I rarely bother to ignore, mainly 'cos I'm nosy. I did peak at a few baffling/annoying posts and then just decided that 'ignore' was best.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
quote:
but when they're unpleasant, spammy AND a single-issue poster, well,

So, it that the end of 'the end of the world'?

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
posted Hide Post
No, I just got rid of the Creator.

. . .

Umm.

- G.K. Chesterton

Goofy Beast
Picture of Thirith & His Enormous Tibia
posted Hide Post
Dweller, you've been reading His Dark Materials again, haven't you?

Posts: 10887 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: September 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
posted Hide Post
Never read them, actually. I've been told I should.

- G.K. Chesterton

Picture of that scott guy
posted Hide Post
end of the world's end for the creator

-not back with a vengeance, more like a dull thud followed by a scared wave-

Posts: 1630 | Location: further south than you'd assume, ON, Canada | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Are you my mummy?
Picture of Nemo888
posted Hide Post
Well?

Nothing. Very disappointing. What am I supposed to do with all these cases of baked beans, shotgun shells and baby oil? Ebay I suppose. Always some cult in Montana that needs them.

I would give the Mayans hell if we hadn't already exterminated them.

Posts: 852 | Location: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
Decimal point's off. World ends in 20120.

Posts: 32901 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*102 gold stars*
Picture of Cavenagh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Furious:

Centreville, Virginia?

Hermits have no peer pressure

Posts: 8099 | Registered: April 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cavenagh:
quote:
Originally posted by Furious:

Centreville, Virginia?

Ironic, huh? Especially since Centreville is 20 miles away from D.C.

Posts: 32901 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of that scott guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nemo888:
Well?

Nothing. Very disappointing. What am I supposed to do with all these cases of baked beans, shotgun shells and baby oil? Ebay I suppose. Always some cult in Montana that needs them.

i know of about 6 things you can do with that stuff that leads to a fun night

-not back with a vengeance, more like a dull thud followed by a scared wave-

Posts: 1630 | Location: further south than you'd assume, ON, Canada | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by that scott guy:
quote:
Originally posted by Nemo888:
Well?

i know of about 6 things you can do with that stuff that leads to a fun night

You're not thinking of what we did at that Ramada Inn just outside Toledo, right? Because, while fun, no one's going to be able to go near that place without a rad suit and rail gun after what happened with the lobster bisque.

- G.K. Chesterton