Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    New (forthcoming) Movie Thread
Page 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New (forthcoming) Movie Thread
 Login/Join

little. yellow. different
Picture of Psi
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what's being disagreed about here about when it was!

To me the way they act at the beginning of the play/movie could not happen like that if what was shown to have happened, had happened.

Oh you young people. It's all tea and muffins and excitement in your world I expect.

Posts: 3190 | Location: Wolverton, Buckinghamshire, UK | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
But the way he walks out of the room at the end of the scene isn't consistent with the end of the play either.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Anyone doing the Cornetto Trilogy?

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2709 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
I'll be watching the last one, but not doing a 3 cornetto session.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
PACIFIC RIM

RATING OF FURY: solid A

Holy crap if you have any amount of love of sci-fi in your heart, SEE THIS MOVIE.

Without spoiling:

It has BIG ASS ROBOTS

It has GODZILLA LEVEL MONSTARS

It has a really nice pair of shoes

It has THE computer AI voice

It has the cheesiest 'Top Gun' plot that del Toro -had- to have intentionally whipped up... but it works.

It has the hairstyle that all you wimminz will be wearing this season

It has MY SUIT (you'll know which one)

Are you still reading this? GET YOUR BUTT TO THE THEATER!!

Posts: 32868 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Furious:
PACIFIC RIM

Holy crap if you have any amount of love of sci-fi in your heart, SEE THIS MOVIE.

Without spoiling:

It has BIG ASS ROBOTS

It has the cheesiest 'Top Gun' plot that del Toro -had- to have intentionally whipped up... but it works.

Already did go! Last Friday! I took my son and his friend, both are twelve. I loved it, they loved it. I kinda think my inner child is a twelve year old boy.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
I likes dem shoes.

DEM SHOES

Posts: 32868 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
Given the chance, he would wear them all day, every day.

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24396 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is like fusion cuisine, if Canada can be seen as having a cuisine.
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Furious:
PACIFIC RIM

Without spoiling:

It has BIG ASS ROBOTS

We saw it! Loved every minute.
Also.
Where are my God-damned shoes??
Big Grin Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
no maps for these places we're lost within
Originally Registered: June 14, 2007

Posts: 2535 | Location: Happy Place | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
I wish I had the time and $$$ to dress up as Hannibal Chou for Halloween!

That man is classy. Razz

Recovering catnip addict, (yahr)
Picture of pkitty
posted Hide Post
*BAMF*

Hola folks....shameless plug:

If you're so inclined, please see "The Conjuring" this weekend (yours truly was the Makeup Department Head and Fred the Limertilly had a set visit)- 1st weekend box office numbers are super important to the studios.

Worldwide release isn't until Aug. 21 (I think).

Much love!

*BAMF*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well we all shine on, like the moon and the stars and the sun...

Illusions on celluloid

My new website!

Posts: 2546 | Location: LaLa Land, USA | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
The reviews are coming in - looking good! Congratulations, pkitty!

~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~
Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10991 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
I needs to see this movie, so I can see how many references to 'meat' pkitty has hidden in background.

Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
I know a lot of people who went to see it! But I did not, because horror movies terrify me.

Chris did try to convince me, though. "We must go support PKitty!"

"No, too scary."

But we did see Pacific Rim! It's the first movie we've seen in a theater in nearly a year. It was very boom boom pow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8092 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
But, but ... hasn't anyone seen the World's End yet?

It was very funny. I need to see it again, because everyone was laughing through all the jokes.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2709 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
I was going to go on Tuesday, but I was too tired, I'm thinking its a home dvd film, with Wine!

~

CHIKKINZ?

Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Motley:
But, but ... hasn't anyone seen the World's End yet?

It was very funny. I need to see it again, because everyone was laughing through all the jokes.

It won't be out in the US until August something! guh!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Part-time amateur cardiologist
Picture of wanderinginmn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Motley:
Anyone doing the Cornetto Trilogy?

This is finally coming out here. D- and I are doing the trilogy tomorrow evening.

Disturbingly enough, it is in an AMC theater in the very first indoor mall in the US.

-Ivan.

Posts: 1994 | Location: MPLS, MN, USA | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Our theatre is also doing the trilogy, but there is no way I can sit through three movies, even at home, so I will just go see the new one.

I am really tempted to go to a matinee and take my kid (who is almost thirteen). Yes, I know it's rated R, but it's just for language and violence and he's seen more violence in Pacific Rim/Thor/The Avengers and Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.

Picture of Will Holz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by G~R:
We saw it! Loved every minute.
Also.
Where are my God-damned shoes??
Big Grin Big Grin

Totally worth sticking to the credits!

And yeah, great fun as a movie!

The only thing I wished is that they did something better with 'The Drift'.

It was such a fun concept, and it really added a good sense of flavor to the movie, but it was totally unnecessary, one person with an HUD had the same capability, the robots didn't exactly have impressive behavioral repertoires.

(and yes, I know, they said something about how it was necessary in the movie, but that explanation didn't make a lick of sense)

So I wish they'd instead Jaegers AWESOME! You want an excuse to need two pilots? Then give the robot tentacles or extra limbs, or even like that recent fantasy movie where there was a monster that was like two people stuck to each others' backs (it was fun to watch in action, too!)

And that makes sense, they'd take advantage of the drift to know what the other was doing, and to not have tentacles get in the way of arms and stuff!

Still, awesome movie, but that missed opportunity made me a little sad.

Posts: 5 | Registered: August 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post