Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    New (forthcoming) Movie Thread
Page 1 ... 65 66 67 68
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New (forthcoming) Movie Thread
 Login/Join

Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Motley:
But, but ... hasn't anyone seen the World's End yet?

It was very funny. I need to see it again, because everyone was laughing through all the jokes.

I saw it and thoroughly enjoyed it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12400 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
My husband has just complained because he still hasn't seen it.

Or World War Z or half a dozen other films we missed over the summer.

I just got my BFI London Film Festival brochure and my membership ran out on 31 August. Why would they do that to me? Bastards.

Still Man of Tai Chi wasn't in it, so I'm not sure I'll renew it (any excuse to bump into Mr Reeves again)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2709 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I really want the soundtrack for my ipod! Although, I already have some of those songs on it.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guess what's behind door number pi!
Picture of Mystery Guest
posted Hide Post
I can't wait for Avengers 2!

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )

Posts: 5625 | Location: no fixed address | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
Furious 7, of course.

Posts: 32868 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Um. Jurassic World? Dare I mention it.

It took me a while to get into it (probably something to do with the little family at the end of our row - mum, dad, gran and two small children, aged 8 & 4, chattered until the first person got eaten) but once the fun started I loved it.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2709 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I did not love it. It was OK, but barely. Not nearly enough Pratt, almost all chase and not enough chomp. Pratt is really good at delivering snarky dialogue, why not give him some? It was very meh for me.

Not forthcoming, but Fury Road was awesomesauce with extra awesome! Gloriously insane stunts and not a lot of CGI, so those nutters were actually out there flinging themselves around. I would totally go see it again, but it's not playing anymore.

Took Dev to see Jaws, they played it special for the 40th anniversary. He loved it! That's how to do a plotless chomp flick.

Looking forward to mindless giggling at the Minions movie. And Dev and his friends want to see the Terminator flick on Friday.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beardedwordsmith
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed Jurassic World and it was a visual spectacle, but it lacked something from the first.
Characters not as solid perhaps?
I can't even recall their names, though the lead female was good.

It went downhill for me in the third act, with the desperate need to keep upping the ante from previous films. It was bad enough with the Drex thingy, but then the dinosaur deathmatch, and the anthropomorphised raptors felt cheesy.

On the plus side, Henry Wu!!!

----------------
Check out my book 'Strange Matters' on Amazon and Smashwords, a collection of short fantasy tales!

Posts: 7 | Location: Staffordshire, UK | Registered: May 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
This Christmas, there's going to be a Star Wars movie telling the story of how the original Death Star plans got stolen!

NEXT Christmas the sequel to The Force Awakens comes out!

NEXT NEXT Christmas they're beginning the story of Han Solo!

The time travel experiment worked! I'm living an alternate reality where Star Wars doesn't suck!

*happily goes to sleep in his stormtrooper onesie*

Posts: 32868 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is like fusion cuisine, if Canada can be seen as having a cuisine.
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
They (i.e. Universal Studios) are remaking The Bride of Frankenstein and the whole situation is making me want to flip tables.

First - they started with a Mummy remake starring Tom "I Have A Tooth In The Middle Of My Face" Cruise that I honestly thought was going to be yet another M:I flick based on the trailer. I refuse to see it because 1) Tom Cruise and 2) we didn't need a Mummy remake because there are the Brendan Fraser remakes already and no one, especially not Tom Cruise, can top those.
Second - the next Monsters movie that Universal is planning to remake is The Bride of Frankenstein. Yep, not Frankenstein, we're just going to skip that one and go straight to a remake of the sequel. That'll totally, totally work. And ya know, we totally needed a remake of that too.
They haven't announced yet who will be IN that one but the director is the person who directed the last two Twilight movies so. That'll be awesome.

I. Am. So. Irritated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
no maps for these places we're lost within
Originally Registered: June 14, 2007

Posts: 2535 | Location: Happy Place | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post