Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    New (forthcoming) Movie Thread
Page 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New (forthcoming) Movie Thread
 Login/Join

Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Motley:
... have any of you seen "Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter" yet? *smirk*

No.

Posts: 32901 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thirith & His Enormous Tibia:
We're currently reading The Hobbit (re-reading in my case), and I'd forgotten that I don't particularly like Tolkien when he does whimsy. It all seems a bit "Let me sit you down and talk to you like you're three years old!", which I never liked even as a kid. Once the story gets going I like it better - but I'm a bit worried about Jackson's directing. Many of the [i]Lord of the Rings[i] movies' weakest moments IMO were focused on hobbit whimsy.

This pertains to the books, not the movies, since I much prefer the books:

I prefer The Hobbit to the LotR trilogy, simply because I think it's a better story. Possibly because of the whimsy. Obviously the trilogy works better as an epic tale.

@Motley, Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter isn't released yet - I think it's out this Friday? I'm looking forward to it in the same way I looked forward to Cabin in the Woods, it looks like a creepy, campy flick

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of champagneeyes
posted Hide Post
I saw Prometheus this past weekend. I thought it was pretty mind-blowing. Michael Fassbender was amazing as David. Charlise Theron and Noomi Rapace are good, too.

I'm looking forward to Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter on the 22nd, actually. I just finished the book and enjoyed that.

I also really want to see Seeking a Friend for the End of the World with Steve Carrell and Keira Knightley (also coming out on June 22). Humanity has a few weeks before an asteroid destroys us and it looks like they go on a road trip to reunite Carrell's character with an old girlfriend.

I'll probably see Rock of Ages this coming weekend.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: champagneeyes,

Thou art so true that thoughts of thee suffice
To make dreams truths and fables histories...
~John Donne

Posts: 176 | Location: In the pines, in the pines... | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
The Man with the Iron Fists

----
My baby is cuter than your baby!

Posts: 12872 | Registered: February 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
I might even have to go to the cinema to see that. Looks amazing!

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2723 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
Tesla vs. Edison? With Bale and Cage being the crazy inventors?

----

Goofy Beast
Picture of Thirith & His Enormous Tibia
posted Hide Post
That'll be weird, seeing how the feud is part of The Prestige, which stars Bale...

Posts: 10887 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: September 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vampiric Scottie-bat trainer

posted Hide Post
quote:
That'll be weird, seeing how the feud is part of The Prestige, which stars Bale...

That was my first thought exactly! And no-one will beat David Bowie as Tesla in my mind.

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ceridwen:
quote:

That was my first thought exactly! And no-one will beat David Bowie as Tesla in my mind.

Yes, I love Bowie as Tesla, but that movie got several things wrong about Tesla and that annoyed me.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*102 gold stars*
Picture of Cavenagh
posted Hide Post
This is relevant:

Hermits have no peer pressure

Posts: 8099 | Registered: April 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
That's just too much. Talk about a movie made for our boardies.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48716 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
ooooh, Yes please!

Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Ah - I heard about that and was wondering when it was coming out

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2723 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of that scott guy
posted Hide Post
as horrible as it is to admit, watching the previews for the Total Recall remake, I feel excited to see it

-not back with a vengeance, more like a dull thud followed by a scared wave-

Posts: 1630 | Location: further south than you'd assume, ON, Canada | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
I was getting all set to laugh and mock this, and then it went and got a good review.

Executive Producer: Casper Van Dien!

----

Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by that scott guy:
as horrible as it is to admit, watching the previews for the Total Recall remake, I feel excited to see it
As always, I am excited by anything that includes Kate Beckinsale.

----

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Flinchy!:
quote:
Originally posted by that scott guy:
As always, I am excited by anything that includes Kate Beckinsale.

i agree fully...i can't stand the underworld movies...but i watched them

Posts: 1630 | Location: further south than you'd assume, ON, Canada | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has a beaver that talks
Picture of supersnazz: fiend for rawk!
posted Hide Post
NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA

The Musics: Mr. Fusion
The Writing: CBLDF Embloggenings

Posts: 15711 | Location: A few miles west of crazy... | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
Holy shit. Five-minute trailer for Cloud Atlas. Cloud Atlas, people.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the Man Of Steel trailer makes me giddy