Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    New (forthcoming) Movie Thread
Page 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 68
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New (forthcoming) Movie Thread
 Login/Join

Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
I have seen that movie in its entirety (a friend gave it to me on VHS) and it is AMAZING.

----
My baby is cuter than your baby!

Posts: 12872 | Registered: February 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
Black Dynamite 2! Black Dynamite 2!

----

Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
AAAAAAUUUUUGGGHHH!!!!
quote:
When legions of monstrous creatures, known as Kaiju, started rising from the sea, a war began that would take millions of lives and consume humanity’s resources for years on end. To combat the giant Kaiju, a special type of weapon was devised: massive robots, called Jaegers, which are controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge. But even the Jaegers are proving nearly defenseless in the face of the relentless Kaiju. On the verge of defeat, the forces defending mankind have no choice but to turn to two unlikely heroes—a washed up former pilot (Charlie Hunnam) and an untested trainee (Rinko Kikuchi)—who are teamed to drive a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the past. Together, they stand as mankind’s last hope against the mounting apocalypse.

Oscar® nominee Guillermo del Toro (“Pan’s Labyrinth”) is directing “Pacific Rim” from a script by Travis Beacham (“Clash of the Titans”). Thomas Tull, Jon Jashni and Mary Parent are producing, with Callum Greene serving as executive producer.

----

Vampiric Scottie-bat trainer

posted Hide Post
Is it just me, or is that pretty much the plot of Independence Day, down to the "washed-up former pilot"?

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
But does Liam Neeson warble "YOU SANK MY BATTLESHIP!"?

That is the question.

Posts: 32901 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vampiric Scottie-bat trainer

posted Hide Post
I just watched the first trailer for Les Misérables.

Excuse me, there seems to be something in both my eyes... *sniffle*

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
Is anyone else feeling very underwhelmed about the new Batman film?

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20599 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smaug:

Oh, I thought it was just me. Just because there have been so many movies out lately that I actually want to see that I figured it got lost in the shuffle, but one movie we went to had Batman 3 as a preview and it was pretty meh.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:

I was disappointed with the last two Batman films, except for the Heath Ledger parts.

BUT

Prometheus
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Brave
Moonrise Kingdom
(already out)
Silent Hill 2 (maybe kinda sorta in the fall)

so my summer movie plate is full.

Posts: 32901 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
see, i thought the heath ledger part rather overrated. the only thing that tempted me even slightly in the trailer was Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20599 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
quote:

No. But i loved the first two. Not necessarily as Batman movies, but as movies about a man compelled to reinvent himself for reasons he's never completely understood.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48716 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Someone give me some way to tempt my darling son to go see Brave. He doesn't want to 'cos there's a girl in it...

*sigh*

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:
see, i thought the heath ledger part rather overrated. the only thing that tempted me even slightly in the trailer was Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

Tom Hardy is the guy to get whooped up about in Rises, even though heezsch gwnnr smbdd lok hsss hoo ha ho mveee. Razz

Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dweller in Darkness:
quote:

No. But i loved the first two. Not necessarily as Batman movies, but as movies about a man compelled to reinvent himself for reasons he's never completely understood.

I loved the first two too, which is why I'm suprised I'm feeling this way.

~

CHIKKINZ?

Administrator/Colporteur
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I loved the first two too, which is why I'm suprised I'm feeling this way.

I think we might be reaching a point where geek movie fatigue is setting in. When the LOTR movies were the big thing, it was partly because well, what else did you have as an option if you were a geek? There were a few smaller release films that were getting good reviews, but the multiplex basically had LOTR, maybe the latest Harry Potter movie, and then the usual action/romantic comedy/drama stuff.

There will soon be a weekend where you can go from one theater to another and watch Chernobyl Diaries, The Avengers, Prometheus, Men in Black III and Battleship. All geek movies. I mean, only three of them worth watching, from what I've heard, but we're being so heavily marketed to right now it gets to be kind of fatiguing.

- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 48716 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scootie Pie
posted Hide Post
Slient HIll 2 3D: Revelations coming out in October!

Sean Bean survived the first film, will he survive the sequel?

A) No.

B) No.

Posts: 258 | Location: The Land of Awesome. Population: Not You | Registered: September 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think we might be reaching a point where geek movie fatigue is setting in. When the LOTR movies were the big thing, it was partly because well, what else did you have as an option if you were a geek? There were a few smaller release films that were getting good reviews, but the multiplex basically had LOTR, maybe the latest Harry Potter movie, and then the usual action/romantic comedy/drama stuff.

There will soon be a weekend where you can go from one theater to another and watch Chernobyl Diaries, The Avengers, Prometheus, Men in Black III and Battleship. All geek movies. I mean, only three of them worth watching, from what I've heard, but we're being so heavily marketed to right now it gets to be kind of fatiguing.

We're not special and different any more*sob*

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24418 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeZee:
quote:

We're not special and different any more*sob*

I have to say, that really was my first reaction when I had this thought. I kind of liked being socially marginalized. Which is sick, when you think about it.

- G.K. Chesterton

Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
*Waits impatiently for The Hobbit*

But also, have any of you seen "Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter" yet? *smirk*

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2723 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Goofy Beast
Picture of Thirith & His Enormous Tibia
posted Hide Post
We're currently reading The Hobbit (re-reading in my case), and I'd forgotten that I don't particularly like Tolkien when he does whimsy. It all seems a bit "Let me sit you down and talk to you like you're three years old!", which I never liked even as a kid. Once the story gets going I like it better - but I'm a bit worried about Jackson's directing. Many of the [i]Lord of the Rings[i] movies' weakest moments IMO were focused on hobbit whimsy.

Posts: 10887 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: September 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post