Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    not at all to do with Gaiman, or any of you
Page 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 174
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

not at all to do with Gaiman, or any of you
 Login/Join

badger, yahr, badger, escher
Picture of daysleeper [if I'm lucky]
posted Hide Post
I've never even done that much, Maeve (been in the same room), so whatever you call ultra-noob-level, I'm there with you. I grew up with parents who were convinced D&D and comic books would condemn me to hell.

My husband played a lot of that stuff growing up, though. I told him the other day that he should feel free to teach our son how to play when he's old enough, 'cause I haven't a clue about it all, so I can't teach him. He just blinked at me and said, "That was random . . . ."

Posts: 8216 | Location: georgia | Registered: November 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
I'll include my standard tutotial for minions, then.

"N00b" is so low-class.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48716 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Part-time avant garde shrubbery inspector who breaths fire and lets out a mighty YAHR!
Picture of ladykatza
posted Hide Post
Felicity has so much attitude.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Discordian Priestess, Keeper of the Golden Pine-Apple.

Has Been Assimilated.

blog or not

Posts: 8877 | Location: ain't from 'round these parts | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In control
Picture of Caspian
posted Hide Post
So... does "Yum" count as a first word?

----------------
Never stare into a car's headlights and freeze, because you'll either be run over or shot.

Posts: 1769 | Location: Everywhere you wanna be. Like Visa. Or is that American Express? | Registered: February 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
Heck yeah!

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24418 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I'd say yes, but it depends, was he looking at lunch or at the dog? Smile

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In control
Picture of Caspian
posted Hide Post
She was eating watermelon. Then she looked up, and said, very distinctly, "Oh, Yum!"

----------------
Never stare into a car's headlights and freeze, because you'll either be run over or shot.

Posts: 1769 | Location: Everywhere you wanna be. Like Visa. Or is that American Express? | Registered: February 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
Those are great first words! Big Grin

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24418 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
posted Hide Post
So, one of the most nervous moments on the trip to Canada was crossing back over the border. On the way there, we crossed at . . . the wrong location. Better than an hour and a half to cross a bridge, talk for 30 seconds, and drive on. Much conversation about this on the drive up to the Peace Bridge at Buffalo.

And then we crossed, without much todo. From the backseat, Brandon who is only two, and was still waking up, says, "Did we cross the border okay, daddy?"

- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 48716 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Part-time avant garde shrubbery inspector who breaths fire and lets out a mighty YAHR!
Picture of ladykatza
posted Hide Post
Overheard at dinnertime:

Felicity: Don't laugh while you are eating, it will give you sugar bumps!

Simon: Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets!

Has Been Assimilated.

blog or not

Posts: 8877 | Location: ain't from 'round these parts | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
Kidlet (who has never seen Stargate, although he knows it exists): "isn't it, if you were in a wormhole, and it stopped, you'd be cut in half?"

Also, he's seen Narnia a gazillion times (the modern ones and the old BBC ones), and views the wardrobe in TLTWATW as a wormhole portal.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pirate/Zombie/Hero
Picture of Jena
posted Hide Post
This is funniest in Ro's little 3-year-old voice, but you'll just have to imagine:

Ro: Mommy, you wear Daddy's ice skates when him not here!

Me: No, Daddy's ice skates would be too big for me. But I can put his ice skates in the car so he can wear them when he meets us there! How about that?

Ro: Yeah, let's go for it!!

Big Grin

Vice-Chancellor of the Heartless Bitch Council

Damn peer pressure

Posts: 5271 | Location: Sacramento, CA, US | Registered: August 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
So, some of you may remember me ranting about Dev's 3rd grade spelling homework and how I felt it wasn't challenging enough for him. To recap: Tuesday, first day of school, spelling homework is to copy each word twice (and I do mean copy, the word was right there, with two lines underneath Roll Eyes) and the words are really easy. I felt he was capable of more, so I gave him another piece of paper and had him write out the sentences, as I read them out. I gave that paper back to him Tuesday night, he took it to school on Wednesday where goodness knows what happened to it. Last night's homework was to write out those sentences. He had his spelling list, but not the paper that has the sentences on it. He fretted a bit, searched for the paper and then sat down and remembered the sentences.

Should I be impressed that he remembered sentences from two nights ago or roll my eyes because he can't remember to bring his homework home?

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ladykatza
posted Hide Post
I think both Maeve. Simon is suppose to be learning "handwriting" at the moment. They are also working on multiplication and some spelling words. Both of which is a total breeze for him.

Felicity was reading Simon's spelling words for third grade. We're trying to make sure they stay ahead of the game so we can get them into the magnet school which starts with the 6th grade, I think.

Has Been Assimilated.

blog or not

Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
What's a magnet school? (I keep imagining giant building attracting each other and crashing together)

Picture of ladykatza
posted Hide Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnet_school

Has Been Assimilated.

blog or not

Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
There's nothing like that anywhere near here.

Picture of ladykatza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maeve:
There's nothing like that anywhere near here.

That's a real shame. Frown One of the reasons we moved to this area was because of the school system. We live in a "wealthy" area, even though we aren't really. We just managed to get a smallish house from people desperate to sell before the BIG BOOM in housing. That and its close to family.

So last night we went to a birthday party for a friend's son. Its at this place called "Monster Mini-Golf". Its all under blacklights with crazy monsters and such. It did some weird things to the photographs.

This outfit was completely Felicity. I had nothing to do with it.

Has Been Assimilated.

blog or not

Lady of Pain
Picture of Emerald
posted Hide Post
There are lots of magnet programs around here but only a few magnet schools.

My current school has a special Communications Arts Program and a math/science/computer science Magnet program.
Magnet
The School

There are also various elementary school programs and middle school magnets. It's rather insane...

Tumbl'n - Let me know if you want to see the portfolio.

Posts: 1487 | Location: Forever between two Parks | Registered: December 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
posted Hide Post
So, we're raising an empiricist.

Today, on the way to school Graeme's best friend said that he was going to run faster than Graeme because he was wearing his "fast shoes." Graeme told him that shoes don't make you run faster, and his friends said that they do. Graeme then said that the only way to be sure would be to get someone else who fit the shoes and have them run twice - once with the shoes on, once with the shoes off. If the person ran faster with the shoes on, then the shoes do make you run faster. His friend looked at him and blinked, then said, "These are my fast shoes, Graeme."

This does have a dark side - Graeme lost his first tooth, but won't put it under his pillow because the Tooth Fairy doesn't exist.

- G.K. Chesterton