Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    not at all to do with Gaiman, or any of you
Page 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

not at all to do with Gaiman, or any of you
 Login/Join

is like fusion cuisine, if Canada can be seen as having a cuisine.
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ladykatza:
OH, how adorable! Baby noodles is at the "I can put everything in my mouth" stage. That's a fun one.

GR - Has she started biting her feet yet?

Yes! And everything goes in her mouth. And she's very grabby!
She tried to grab the priest's robe during her baptism Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It is not happy people who are thankful, but thankful people who are happy!
Originally Registered: June 14, 2007

Posts: 2511 | Location: Happy Place | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Part-time avant garde shrubbery inspector who breaths fire and lets out a mighty YAHR!
Picture of ladykatza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dweller in Darkness:
quote:
Originally posted by Maeve:
They are lovely! Such gorgeous smiles!

The other day while shoe shopping for Devlin he asked, 'When do I get to be a teenager?' I said 'When you something ending in 'teen' for your age.'

He really doesn't notice the blindingly obvious...

Hey, that's honestly more confusing than it used to be. There wasn't a "pre-teen" market when we were kids, or it wasn't named as such. It was babies/toddlers/kids/teenagers, and that was about all the gradation there was.

Now, Graeme is playing games made for teenagers (Pathfinder), building toys for pre-teens (advanced Lego sets) and playing video games for young children (the UDraw games) along with six or seven other things that draw his interest. Every one of those things has an age range on them, and he's in the middle of some, at the top end of others and not even in the ballpark for a few of them.

Some of his TV shows tell him that it's a good show for his age, others say he should be 13, and some say it's for kids his brother's age.

I'm really not suprised when a kid from this generation is confused about how they are.

"appropriate age" is nothing more than a marketing tool and a false sense of security.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Discordian Priestess, Keeper of the Golden Pine-Apple.

Has Been Assimilated.

blog or not

Posts: 8877 | Location: ain't from 'round these parts | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
quote:
"appropriate age" is nothing more than a marketing tool and a false sense of security.

I think there's usefulness in the infants/kids/teens division - kids toys can contain parts that infants just shouldn't play with - but beyond that, yeah, it's just silly.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48705 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
It's hard to decide sometimes. Tom and Jerry made our eldest freak when she first saw it. And I stil wouldn't like any of them to see The Exorcist until they're at least 18!

Noodles - Robyn - with the long dark hair is the FB fiend. She's just posted a load of pics of her picking on me in the snow. She's such a bully! (Love her sense of humour - we're often in stiches!)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2662 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post

MissBoo in her fantastic new shirt. Because she IS "The Babe With The Power" Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 2511 | Location: Happy Place | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
What power?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8062 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
The power of Voodoo!

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20558 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Doughmaster
Picture of TheatreGeek
posted Hide Post
Hoodoo?

~ Non-Mod-Amy, aka Amy of the Lost Ark

You are a Bookholder. To prompt, or...LINE! (not to prompt) --not to prompt. That is the question. Whether t'is nobler to suffer the slings and arrows of a bad memory, or to take arms against a sea of textual deviations, and...LINE! (by opposing) --by opposing them...LINE! (end) --end...LINE! (them) --end them...LINE! (to prompt, to correct; no more; and by a correction to say we end the heart-ache of a really terrible performance) You didn't have to give me the whole thing! I know it!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Michigan | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
You do!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12242 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
So well!

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15828 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domitella
posted Hide Post
Swell!

no doing it right?

Rome wasn't built in a day. But I wasn't on that particular job. - Brian Clough

Posts: 20846 | Location: Lon-don | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
...you remind me of the babe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8062 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scourge of the Lower East Side
Picture of Nel Gurgle
posted Hide Post
I got that same shirt as an X-mas gift, I don't look nearly as cute in it.

My sis and her husband had a bet going if I would say the whole lyric just like you all did.

yes, of course I did!

Big Grin

----------------------------
Official Pineapple Master General of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination

He said 'It's all in your head,' and I said, 'So's everything'
But he didn't get it....

Posts: 14736 | Location: 'burbs of Chicago | Registered: September 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In control
Picture of Caspian
posted Hide Post
M reminds me of the babe...

----------------
Never stare into a car's headlights and freeze, because you'll either be run over or shot.

Posts: 1766 | Location: Everywhere you wanna be. Like Visa. Or is that American Express? | Registered: February 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Caspian:
M reminds me of the babe...

I cannot see piccie of M. Frown

My Miss Boo is sick. She's caught the cold I have... It's a nasty one. She woke up from her nap with a fever. TM brought baby tylenol home and it brought the fever down. She's coughing and her nose is drippy, but she's eating fine and sleeping right now so we're not too worried.
Just sad for the little booger. There is nothing worse than seeing your child in pain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part-time avant garde shrubbery inspector who breaths fire and lets out a mighty YAHR!
Picture of ladykatza
posted Hide Post
GR, how are you and Boo doing?

I finally got pictures of Felicity in the romper I made her using a 73 year old pattern. She loves it, and is full of attitude.Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ladykatza,

Has Been Assimilated.

blog or not

Posts: 8877 | Location: ain't from 'round these parts | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
quote:
GR, how are you and Boo doing?

We survived the sick! Smile

She is growing like a weed - 6 and a half months old and weighs in at 20lbs already. Chunky monkey!

Her new tricks are sitting up by herself - she's very good at it - and creeping/scooting around on her tummy. Babygirl is fast.

She says "Dada" and sometimes "Mama" and she asks to be nursed by mouthing "num num num" which is hilarious Big Grin

And for good measure: family pic from yesterday!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
Aw, lovely!

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15828 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
She's so sweet GR! You really look like you're enjoying life with her.

and Ladykatza - that photo of your girl in that romper you made is really very lovely!

I wish our girls would wear what I wanted them to now. Enjoy it guys. They want to wear what THEY want to wear so quickly!

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2662 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ladykatza
posted Hide Post
Motley - I would say it was my idea, but really it was hers. She asked for the pattern after looking over my shoulder and then picked out the fabric. I don't know how things will change as time goes but she has a definite idea of what she likes and I won't make it unless she seems excited. Otherwise its a waste of time for me.

GR - ACK! Killing me with cute!

Has Been Assimilated.

blog or not