Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    not at all to do with Gaiman, or any of you
Page 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 174
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

not at all to do with Gaiman, or any of you
 Login/Join

badger, yahr, badger, escher
Picture of daysleeper [if I'm lucky]
posted Hide Post
I guess I can post a photo or two. When I first started posting here I'd only known my future kid's dad for not quite a year, and we weren't married or anything yet. Now our little Newbie is 3 years old.

Here's today at the grocery store -- he's been carrying his binoculars around and looking at everything through them.

And here's at a Touch A Truck event recently. He's wearing his own fireman rain boots and sitting in a fire truck. The kids got a plastic fireman hat and a plastic yellow construction hat at the event.

Posts: 8216 | Location: georgia | Registered: November 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Puck's God-Child
posted Hide Post
This was taken the day Jack was born, while all his board-aunts and board-uncles were biting nails and pacing:

This was taken about a month ago at Scarborough Faire:

I am here under duress. Save me!

Posts: 3912 | Location: Nowhere in Particular | Registered: December 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love that Captain Morgan pose Big Grin

Posts: 8216 | Location: georgia | Registered: November 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThatGuyInBlack:
This was taken the day Jack was born, while all his board-aunts and board-uncles were biting nails and pacing:

This is an epic, epic, almost cinematic photo!

In other news, I was heavily pregnant when this board was born. I don't post photos of kidlet unmasked online, but he's nine and a half, and faster than me, and better at sorting out electronics than me, and less scared of Doctor Who episodes than me.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Puck's God-Child
posted Hide Post
Hive- That's the absolute best photo I've ever taken.

Posts: 3912 | Location: Nowhere in Particular | Registered: December 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
Graeme, about two years into the life of the board:

Graeme now:

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48716 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Puck's God-Child
posted Hide Post
Don't they know they're not allowed to grow up?!

posted Hide Post
Graeme is another one that I keep forgetting is not a baby anymore, until I'm shocked back to reality by another photo or story! Again, feeling old here ... Razz

Freelance metaphor inspector
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
Y'all have seen pictures of M over on Fb, and if you haven't, they're there (let me know if we're not friends on Fb). I should get a couple of new pics up, as my kiddo just finished First Grade Eek

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Posts: 22795 | Location: here | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First grade, holy cow!

Robbie linked this on Facebook and in case there's anyone here who didn't see it, I thought most parents could probably relate -- I know I could!

Go the F**k to Sleep, read by Samuel L. Jackson

Companion to owls
Picture of cloverheart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GMZoe:
Not just the boards, but also this thread. Ten years. So, pony up the pictures that prove the passing of time. Here's one from January
of Zoe.

*huggles GMZoe before he runs away*

Oh my God. I saw that pic and immediately thought of her when you recorded her confusion about the 'This shirt is pants' WE t-shirt -'I don't understaaaand!' Big Grin

Posts: 11803 | Location: home? | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cloverheart:
quote:
Originally posted by GMZoe:
Not just the boards, but also this thread. Ten years. So, pony up the pictures that prove the passing of time. Here's one from January
of Zoe.

*huggles GMZoe before he runs away*

Oh my God. I saw that pic and immediately thought of her when you recorded her confusion about the 'This shirt is pants' WE t-shirt -'I don't understaaaand!' Big Grin

I searched out and wore that shirt on Saturday Smile

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20599 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is like fusion cuisine, if Canada can be seen as having a cuisine.
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by (former) daysleeper:
First grade, holy cow!

Robbie linked this on Facebook and in case there's anyone here who didn't see it, I thought most parents could probably relate -- I know I could!

Go the F**k to Sleep, read by Samuel L. Jackson

Was coming in here to post that video. Even if you've just babysat kids in the evening, you'll relate!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
boldly going somewhere
Originally Registered: June 14, 2007

Posts: 2556 | Location: Not Honolulu, Hawai'i | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Occasionally Devlin gets an upset stomach and feels like if he eats anything he'll throw up. That happened last night, but he came to the supper table rubbing his stomach and said "I think it's that time of the month for me." And I was just speechless for a while before I finally formulated a coherent thought and could speak without giggling and told him that there is no monthly malady specific to boys that would make them feel that way. I didn't even ask him where he got this notion, but I'm assuming it was television!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
He might not even know what that means in context with women, but that's adorable.

(Brandon and I have just finished wrestling and are now lying in the middle of the living room, giggling a little incoherently)
Brandon: I love having you home, dad.
Jim: Thanks, buddy. I love being home.
Brandon: I love having you home more than having mom home.
Jim: Oh?
Brandon: Yeah. Your belly's fluffier.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48716 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Xine
posted Hide Post
HA. I am allowed to post here now.

Look what I gestated!

Posts: 9275 | Registered: November 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
aw! so adorable!!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
:: melts ::

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12489 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is imperfectly illuminated
Picture of Murphy
posted Hide Post
awwww. You've spawned a cutie!

Plus, OV and Xine in a thread? Lets party like it's 2005!

---------------
*is currently impressed*

Posts: 8147 | Location: London, England | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Murphy:
awwww. You've spawned a cutie!

Plus, OV and Xine in a thread? Lets party like it's 2005!

Yes! This surely calls for cheese and John Tesh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12489 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post