Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    We'd better have a sodding Christmas thread, eh?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We'd better have a sodding Christmas thread, eh?
 Login/Join

Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted
But to start it off, here's the finest gingerbread house in the world.

And here's the best Christmas tree you will ever see in the history of the universe, ever.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15843 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
*hangs lights*

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4109 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I dunno if he has the pic anywhere public, but I follow Wil Wheaton on google+ and he posted a picture of his tree topper - Jack Skellington dressed as Santa.

I liked the idea so much that I nicked it, went to ebay and bought my own. Whenever it gets here I'll top the tree with it Smile

I've never found exactly the right topper - I had an angel for a while, but it's large and I'm not really an angel person. I am a star person, but the ones I really like are antiques and so, expensive.

This is the first year in a long time that I've felt cheerful about the holidays.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas to all.

Looking forward to it this year as well - I get four days off around Christmas, so it'll be a mini-vacation. Been a while since I had one and I do LOVE the holiday season.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dread Buthulhu
Picture of Bucephalus
posted Hide Post
There's going to be sodding?

I'll get Oldman.

Posts: 843 | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
now available in colour!
Picture of Liliaharas
posted Hide Post
In the theme of Christmas, though sadly confined to the UK (I can however offer to procure a paper and post things elsewhere should the need arise):

FREE LEGO

~credo quia absurdum est
I believe it because it is absurd~

~bibamus, moriendum est
Let us drink, for we must die~

Posts: 2632 | Location: Londinium | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is like fusion cuisine, if Canada can be seen as having a cuisine.
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
This year's Christmas decorations:

Mini tree on top of the bookshelf.

Village - beside the stove.

Nativity is on top of the microwave.

We talked about maybe getting a bigger tree (MIL has said something numerous times about "getting us a tree" this year) but we just don't have the room. I like our simple decor!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
no maps for these places we're lost within
Originally Registered: June 14, 2007

Posts: 2535 | Location: Happy Place | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sittin' at the dock of the Bayeaux Tapestry
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
*puts on some music*

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35348 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
waggish jackanape
Picture of Royko
posted Hide Post
We're tree trimming tonight!

---------------------------------------------------------------
So fluffy you could die.
(blog)

Posts: 6917 | Location: Chicago | Registered: October 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
I am so so so close to being done all the Christmas prep stuff!
Apartment decorated - check
Gifts for Miss Boo wrapped - check
Gifts for my family packed up - check
Cards stuffed, signed, sealed, and stamped - check
Gifts for TM's family wrapped - 1/2 done (2 haven't arrived yet)
Gifts for TM from me wrapped - 1/2 done (waiting for one more to arrive)

So dang close! Our goal was to be DONE shopping by December 1 and we nearly made it, just one more gift to purchase!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 2535 | Location: Happy Place | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*102 gold stars*
Picture of Cavenagh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D M:
*puts on some music*

You monster.

Hermits have no peer pressure

Posts: 8095 | Registered: April 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
*cuts DM out of my will*

*adds Cav*

The Doughmaster
Picture of TheatreGeek
posted Hide Post
We have done NOTHING apart from David hanging our advent calendar (it's a crafty one homemade by his aunt that we use every year). Need to get crackin'!

~ Non-Mod-Amy, aka Amy of the Lost Ark

You are a Bookholder. To prompt, or...LINE! (not to prompt) --not to prompt. That is the question. Whether t'is nobler to suffer the slings and arrows of a bad memory, or to take arms against a sea of textual deviations, and...LINE! (by opposing) --by opposing them...LINE! (end) --end...LINE! (them) --end them...LINE! (to prompt, to correct; no more; and by a correction to say we end the heart-ache of a really terrible performance) You didn't have to give me the whole thing! I know it!

Posts: 11747 | Location: Michigan | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
I'm in Hive's will?

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35348 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
Not any more, sunshine, not any more!

(If I was rich, I'd be one of those dreadful old ladies, commanding obedience by darkly hinting who was in or out of my will.)

Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
*burys head under winter quilt*

someone tell me when it's all over please.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
so.... my in-laws just dropped by with a gigantic real Christmas tree "for BooBoo".
they also brought a tree skirt and a string of lights.
i have no tree decorations and no idea where we are going to put this thing... Confused
oh well, we have a tree!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
I've hung the leftover gold-walnut-shells-on-ribbon decorations I made as presents, one in the front window and one from the light switch in the lounge.

We do have some tinsel and baubles, but there's not much point getting a tree as we'll not be here for Christmas itself, and it'll only be me for most of December!

I might go crazy and make some paper snowflakes for the window Razz

Posts: 20848 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
*puts Hive in his will*

*leaves her his entire Cliff Richard collection*

*throws in some Osmonds too*

---

Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
I have been to the school Christmas fairs. On my own. The kids don't want to go any more Frown

And I'm sorting out my Christmas card list and wanted to send some to some of you lot, but I don't have your addresses! Give me your addresses so I can send you a card!!!! (but only if you want one!)

Big Grin

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2709 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post