Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    We'd better have a sodding Christmas thread, eh?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We'd better have a sodding Christmas thread, eh?
 Login/Join

Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JJWeir:
Is necromancy excusable if it's in the name of Christmas?

Well, if we can hijack even the Death thread, surely we can resurrect a holiday one. Smile

I will really miss Lester's crazy Christmas photos!

Happy Holidays everyone! I'm going to be traveling to almost-Boston to visit a dear sweet human wot I adopted as my brother yonks ago. He moved away from Alaska and is now studying law in Massachusetts and we're (well, not Dad, he's staying here) gonna go visit him.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
Spawn and I will be having a Christmas of quietude and every silly food thing we want.

Just the 2 of us. I suspect he will be watching cartoons.

Also, his buddy may come over, since -his- family is constantly at odds (he likes our peace and quiet).

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24398 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
little. yellow. different
Picture of Psi
posted Hide Post
Actual Christmas Day is going to be somewhat of a non-event for me, as I will be going back home to my parents', there are no grandparents any more and my Dad has chosen to work both night shifts Eve into Christmas and Christmas into Boxing Day. That means he will be home at lunchtime, go to bed for a couple of hours and we can then have Christmas dinner in the early evening. It won't even be goose, because that's not worth it for 3 of us.

I'm therefore hanging all my hopes on going to my sister's on the 23rd. Chances are I won't get anything for my birthday either.

Oh well, it's fine really, that's just what it is now.

Oh you young people. It's all tea and muffins and excitement in your world I expect.

Posts: 3190 | Location: Wolverton, Buckinghamshire, UK | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
Yay! Xmas alone for the umpteenth year! Wooh! Yeah, I guess I'll stock up on books as usual.

Posts: 10991 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
I received some great books (yes, opened them already...) for Christmas this year. Am LOVING my Medieval cookbook!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12402 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
We're having a quiet Christmas eve, where we're doing a (very) abbreviated Feast of Seven Fishes (there might be three fishes).

Then, on Christmas Day, we're hosting Chris' extended family, and around 21 people are coming over! (That number includes kids). I'm trying to figure out what I'm forgetting, in the process of setting that up. I have enough paper plates...

We'll have enough food...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8092 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
Chris's family?

Is there ever enough food with them?

I am always astonished and awed by what that family puts out as a spread.

~Joe

Posts: 24398 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Psi:

I'm therefore hanging all my hopes on going to my sister's on the 23rd. Chances are I won't get anything for my birthday either.

Oh well, it's fine really, that's just what it is now.

~Joe

Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
Joc is trying to convince me that one prime rib, one turkey, some chicken enchiladas, and one ham are enough for Christmas. I am doubtful.

----
My baby is cuter than your baby!

Posts: 12870 | Registered: February 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
None of my family eat mammals and we're all off to some extended family for what we hope is a bird-only xmas dinner. Fingers crossed everyone

Posts: 49 | Location: Just outside the M25 | Registered: October 05, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I have Christmas cards from various Boardies! Thank you all, it cheered me up immensely. Smile

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:
None of my family eat mammals and we're all off to some extended family for what we hope is a bird-only xmas dinner. Fingers crossed everyone

None of my family ate mammals... except for me.

Posts: 32868 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Flinchy!:
Joc is trying to convince me that one prime rib, one turkey, some chicken enchiladas, and one ham are enough for Christmas. I am doubtful.

It was a near thing, but it worked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8092 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
Pig in chicken in turkey in moo cow

That takes a lot of preplanning!

Posts: 32868 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
What'd I get for Christmas? THE FLU. Mad

Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I plotted with the girlfriend of one of my dearest friends (guy from Alaska, we adopted each other long ago, he calls me "Sis". he is now going to law school near Boston and moved in with girlfriend and her two kids) to surprise him over Christmas, because he comes from a big family and this is pretty much his first Christmas without most of his fam. So she contacted me and we planned and every time I started to think about going to visit him I would shut it all down - because he's one of those people who, if I think about him, he will call or text and ask what I wanted. He just seems to easily tune into my brainwaves (poor guy)

And so she didn't rearrange the house, we just planned on cramming in when we got there. The day we traveled she was so worried that he had figured it out. I also assumed that he must have somehow known.

We sidetracked a bit to go have dinner with my cousin and his wife and daughter and her husband. That was nice, 'cos I haven't seen them in two years.

And then we got there, found the house, knocked and waited. and waited some more. And a light came on, but then went off, so, we knocked again. And shivered and waited. Waffled about which doorbell to ring. Dev was supposed to have his phone out to take pics, but he was freezing, so his hands were in his pockets. I texted her to say, we're outside now! and she poked him and said, someone's knocking on the door. So he grumbled, who can that be and opened the door, where I stood grinning like a maniac. He was stunned and speechless and very much surprised.

And his girlfriend is lovely! Snarky and generous and an excellent cook and they seem really happy together. She and I felt like we'd known each other forever, which is just how I felt about Robert all those years ago.

Weather cut our trip short, but we have vague plans to go back.

Then on Tuesday I decided to take YarnMum to State College for Indian food and we went to the Indian grocery store and then Trader Joes. That was fun.

Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
I got a nephew for Christmas! Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12402 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope everyone had a good Christmas!

Mine was great but I've since got ill so the new year is gonna be a bit lame.

Best of luck for 2017

Joe

Posts: 49 | Location: Just outside the M25 | Registered: October 05, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hope everyone had a good Christmas!

Mine was great but I've since got ill so the new year is gonna be a bit lame.

Best of luck for 2017

Joe

Are you me?

I always wonder who was going to be me when I was gone.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post