Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Shift 99. The Red Balloon Shift.
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 76

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Shift 99. The Red Balloon Shift.
 Login/Join

Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
quote:
if I strike will it impact my employment/promotion prospects, if I don't strike can the Union prevent me entering work?

Technically no and no. Legally. But they can make life slightly nasty for you (tbh the union are more likely to do this than your employer because the thing about unions is that there's no-one to go to if they piss you about!! It's very unlikely, though)

Domi put it best though - look into what the strike's about, whether you're allowed to join in (sympathy striking *is* illegal), then decide whether you want to join in.

Enjoy!

EP now available for FREE download! Click Here

"Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

a peek inside the whirlwind of my thoughts

Posts: 10543 | Location: deepest darkest somerset | Registered: December 31, 2006Report This Post
Adoration of the Modii
Picture of Masque
posted Hide Post
good morning...

there is a line of storms coming through.. and yep, I'm hurting... I'm actually feeling pain at the latest wound site (the one the wound vac is attached to).. good thing.. nerves are growing back and it's healing... bad news is that all I have for pain relief is XS Tylenol... the doc didn't renew my perscription for Tramadol... *rolleyes*

Some days I fantasize the ability to unplug my legs. or at least the pain receptors... but the reality of amputation still looms too close and the fantasy is stopped.

In the US, strikes can be nasty.

-- Give a man a fish, he eats for the day; Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime; Teach that man to cook, and he can feed the world....
Head chef in the Realm of Procrastination and Unproductivity, Dp.u.: "You want fries with that?"
Holder for the Golden Pineapple Pin.
------------------------------------------------
If it is on the plate, its food. If it crawls off the plate; Kill it and put it back on the plate.
------------------------------------
I love small furry creatures; especially in a good sauce.

Posts: 13941 | Location: In the Kitchen, Cooking Something. | Registered: March 08, 2005Report This Post
waggish jackanape
Picture of Royko
posted Hide Post
I was summoned.

---------------------------------------------------------------
So fluffy you could die.
(blog)

Posts: 6919 | Location: Chicago | Registered: October 24, 2004Report This Post
Yahr, fear the power of the elf-man!
Picture of Lan Martak
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon Royko!

------------------------------

Posts: 15887 | Location: The Cenotaph road and Oh-Hi-Oh | Registered: October 25, 2001Report This Post
Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
I am hungry. But the Board is fun again and I would have to walk to get food. Hmm, decisions decisions. Seems like I picked a good day to have a random staycation from work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12489 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Report This Post
Sittin' at the dock of the Bayeaux Tapestry
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
Feelia!! Royko!!

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35359 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Report This Post
is tired of these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane
Picture of general punk, MA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Royko:
I was summoned.

Was there some sort of ritual?

High Ranking Official of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination,
Dean of the UUP, First Class member of the order of the Pineapple.
-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Report This Post
Vampiric Scottie-bat trainer

posted Hide Post
Smaug had to turn widdershins nine times, spit over her own shoulder, curse in Japanese, put her left foot in and shake her gourd all about.
Or was that how you summon KC and the Sunshine Band? I always confuse those rituals...

ETA: Royko!!! Big Grin Good to see you.

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Report This Post
Picture of that scott guy
posted Hide Post
its my dad's birthday today, he turned 65...go him!

-not back with a vengeance, more like a dull thud followed by a scared wave-

Posts: 1630 | Location: further south than you'd assume, ON, Canada | Registered: August 28, 2010Report This Post
Picture of Xine
posted Hide Post
Wow, 99 shifts? That is crazy.

Posts: 9275 | Registered: November 16, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
DM! How are ya?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 12489 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Report This Post
stole the last root beer
Picture of Mischief the Polarbear
posted Hide Post
I'm still holding out for getting to 10,000 posts. It's annoying to not be there after 10 goddam years.

(Yes, I know I have 2 people, but still, I must be one of the only old lags not to be there)

~~~~~~~~~~~~
(terms and conditions apply)

Posts: 8804 | Location: where do you think, you idiot? | Registered: April 08, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Xine
posted Hide Post
I am lagging, as well, bear. C'est la vie.

Posts: 9275 | Registered: November 16, 2001Report This Post
is imperfectly illuminated
Picture of Murphy
posted Hide Post
Yeah, true dat. But I still feel like I post semi regularly, and I still never seem to get closer. It's like the rainbow money thingy.

Maybe eventually I can time it so both Murphy and Mischief get there at the same time...

joint party and so on

---------------
*is currently impressed*

Posts: 8147 | Location: London, England | Registered: July 25, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember when I was racing with Tigerlilly to hit 10K and she's long since flown past me in the post count.

:: bloops MurphyMischief ::

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I only vaguely remember when Limertilly was called Tigerlily!

And I've just noticed that one of the mods changed my member title, hee!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Report This Post
is like fusion cuisine, if Canada can be seen as having a cuisine.
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maeve:

You are officially a Weirdy American Tart Thing! Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
boldly going somewhere
Originally Registered: June 14, 2007

Posts: 2556 | Location: Not Honolulu, Hawai'i | Registered: October 27, 2009Report This Post
Yahr, fear the power of the elf-man!
Picture of Lan Martak
posted Hide Post
The Board is so entertaining today that for every hour I study I am allowing myself 15 minutes on the Board.

------------------------------

Posts: 15887 | Location: The Cenotaph road and Oh-Hi-Oh | Registered: October 25, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maeve:

I hope I'm not misremembering that. I think that was her name before she switched it to Limer.. maybe? I remember when she was dizzy before that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
Wow, way too much to read on the board today. I hope some of the returning posters stick around a bit.

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Report This Post