Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Shift 99. The Red Balloon Shift.
Page 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 76

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Shift 99. The Red Balloon Shift.
 Login/Join

Queen of New York
Picture of Dread Captain Psyko
posted Hide Post
Not sure what thread to put this in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak0fPHbFpbc

What is this I don't even.

Posts: 9561 | Location: Noo Yawk. | Registered: December 14, 2002Report This Post
lives deliberately
Picture of Alaura
posted Hide Post
Know what else rocks about working from home?

LUNCH NAP.

ego forceps ergo ego forceps

"Chives?"�
"Yes, m'lud?"�
"Is that Ms Ephemera hovering over the croquet lawn?"�
"Indeed m'lud. She's marshalled all the haggle-dans. Missy-twigs and vale-nymphs from Claypole Woods. Apparently she intends to tear this house down and dance on the ruins."�
"Well, Chives, you'd better start the car, what? And pack my tennis things too"�
--- Joe 3Heads

Posts: 11426 | Location: In a perpetual state of Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2003Report This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
Woo-hoo! Snaggleteeth are finally sexy!

All I have to do is live in Japan and get a sex change operatio- waitaminnit Mad

Posts: 32901 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Report This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Furious:

All I have to do is live in Japan and get a sex change operatio- waitaminnit Mad

Yippee! Now I have a reason to not get braces for Devlin!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Report This Post
Queen of New York
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maeve:
quote:

Yippee! Now I have a reason to not get braces for Devlin!

Gender reassignment is vastly preferable to braces, I agree.

Posts: 9561 | Location: Noo Yawk. | Registered: December 14, 2002Report This Post
speaks Sanskrit in three different languages
Picture of MichaelJOwens
posted Hide Post
Strange, Smaug. I think this is a song that sounds good in two languages.

------------------------------
"I lost some time once; it's always in the last place you look for it."--Delirium

Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
quote:

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24418 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Report This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MichaelJOwens:
Strange, Smaug. I think this is a song that sounds good in two languages.

What song?

This morning I would like to just go back to bed, but I suppose I should try and stay awake and go run errands today.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Report This Post
Part-time avant garde shrubbery inspector who breaths fire and lets out a mighty YAHR!
Picture of ladykatza
posted Hide Post
quote:

This morning I would like to just go back to bed, but I suppose I should try and stay awake and go run errands today.

When I get off work this morning I'm going home I'm going to have vodka tonics and watch Mad Men.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Discordian Priestess, Keeper of the Golden Pine-Apple.

Has Been Assimilated.

blog or not

Posts: 8877 | Location: ain't from 'round these parts | Registered: August 02, 2004Report This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I've been watching Mad Men on Netflix and still can't say why. I don't like any of the characters. I don't hate any of them enough to make me love to hate them. The sexism and misogyny make me want to fling things at the screen. However, the clothes are pretty and I've gotten some vague hat design ideas, although I may never do anything about that.

I can now understand why I almost never connected with my mother in law an so many ways - my parents in law were very middle class, never really tried new things and thought that everyone they met though/felt exactly the same way they did.

But I watched all Netflix had to offer and so I've moved on to Warehouse 13.

was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
I'm giving serious thought to buying a cloche hat. I think I could pull it off with my new short haircut, and it would be nice to have something fancier to wear when we go out instead of my standard (but also awesome) toque.

Plus there's an honest-to-god hat shop in downtown Seattle that makes great hats. Snazz got his bowler there and they always do maintenance and upkeep on it for free when we go in.

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4118 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Report This Post
Part-time avant garde shrubbery inspector who breaths fire and lets out a mighty YAHR!
Picture of ladykatza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smalltown:
I'm giving serious thought to buying a cloche hat. I think I could pull it off with my new short haircut, and it would be nice to have something fancier to wear when we go out instead of my standard (but also awesome) toque.

Plus there's an honest-to-god hat shop in downtown Seattle that makes great hats. Snazz got his bowler there and they always do maintenance and upkeep on it for free when we go in.

How much are you willing to spend on a hat? I ask because I know of a GREAT Etsy seller but she's not cheap. Her stuff is heirloom quality and used in movies.

I fully support hat wearing!

Has Been Assimilated.

blog or not

Posts: 8877 | Location: ain't from 'round these parts | Registered: August 02, 2004Report This Post
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
I don't know if I want to go THAT expensive. I'm looking more in the $60 - $80 range.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: smalltown,

----------------

Posts: 4118 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I'll knit you one, if you want! My latest designs have been slouchy, beret style hats, but that's mostly because it's the style I keep seeing on Ravelry and I'm trying to sell stuff Smile

However, knitted hats are way different than sewn? hats. I don't know how to describe hats that aren't knitted?

You'd look adorable in a cloche hat!

Queen of New York
posted Hide Post
Breaking Bad > Mad Men.

That is all.

lives deliberately
Picture of Alaura
posted Hide Post
I shall be netflixing Breaking Bad during maternity leave...

ego forceps ergo ego forceps

"Chives?"�
"Yes, m'lud?"�
"Is that Ms Ephemera hovering over the croquet lawn?"�
"Indeed m'lud. She's marshalled all the haggle-dans. Missy-twigs and vale-nymphs from Claypole Woods. Apparently she intends to tear this house down and dance on the ruins."�
"Well, Chives, you'd better start the car, what? And pack my tennis things too"�
--- Joe 3Heads

Posts: 11426 | Location: In a perpetual state of Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2003Report This Post
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll knit you one, if you want! My latest designs have been slouchy, beret style hats, but that's mostly because it's the style I keep seeing on Ravelry and I'm trying to sell stuff Smile

However, knitted hats are way different than sewn? hats. I don't know how to describe hats that aren't knitted?

You'd look adorable in a cloche hat!

Would you really? I would love it forever and happily reimburse you the cost of yarn or send you a couple jars of jam for trade.

----------------

Picture of ladykatza
posted Hide Post
My Mad Men obsession is over the clothes. For story/plot/characters I'm absolutely in LOVE with "Boardwalk Empire" and "Downton Abbey". I like the clothes in them as well, but I'm always all over the map when it comes to sewing inspiration.

Where are you watching Warehouse 13, Maeve? (I don't have cable)

Has Been Assimilated.

blog or not

Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Sure I would! The only cloche hat I designed is the one Lady K modeled for me - the one with the bow. But, you can trawl Ravelry if you like to find other designs or I can do that and then send a message on facebook. that's how Chuck and decided on a hat pattern.

Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ladykatza:
My Mad Men obsession is over the clothes. For story/plot/characters I'm absolutely in LOVE with "Boardwalk Empire" and "Downton Abbey". I like the clothes in them as well, but I'm always all over the map when it comes to sewing inspiration.

Where are you watching Warehouse 13, Maeve? (I don't have cable)

Netflix!