Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Shift 99. The Red Balloon Shift.
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 76

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Shift 99. The Red Balloon Shift.
 Login/Join

Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
I wanna be a Roundhead *sulk*

Posts: 20852 | Registered: November 11, 2006Report This Post
Sittin' at the dock of the Bayeaux Tapestry
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
Technically a US soldier is a roundhead...

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35359 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Report This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maeve:
Devlin has a computer class this morning, but what the smeg am I gonna do for two hours?

Ah- knit something? I'm just saying-
Smile

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Report This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
You'd think that would be the obvious choice for me! But I went shopping instead. Wegman's didn't have the Typhoo tea that I like. Frown

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Report This Post
Part-time avant garde shrubbery inspector who breaths fire and lets out a mighty YAHR!
Picture of ladykatza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D M:

No, its JARHEAD, get it right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Discordian Priestess, Keeper of the Golden Pine-Apple.

Has Been Assimilated.

blog or not

Posts: 8877 | Location: ain't from 'round these parts | Registered: August 02, 2004Report This Post
half the man he used to be
posted Hide Post
at least, if they're a marine

is tired of these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane
Picture of general punk, MA
posted Hide Post
editing audio...woooo..glamourous

High Ranking Official of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination,
Dean of the UUP, First Class member of the order of the Pineapple.
-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Report This Post
Vampiric Scottie-bat trainer

posted Hide Post
I'm googlechatting with my Mom, and she just wrote "Good thinking, Batman!" ...

Eek

I didn't even know my mother was aware of Batman's existence! My whole world has turned upside down! What the hell is going on!?

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
SHE'S A POD PERSON! Red Face

-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Report This Post
Vampiric Scottie-bat trainer

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Domitella:
Ah, these unfortunately are big pretty graphic novels, I'm not sure Green Metropolis would be the best place. For smaller, less expensive books I'd totally use it, I just never seem to want to get rid of any!

*ears perk up*
I'd be more than happy to take a few of those off your hands and even paypal you the extra postage costs! My bookshelves are sadly lacking in graphic novels!
What name would I find your items under on Ebay, Amy?

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
i want to sleep for several days. Man, i'm chopping up the candle and chucking it into a fire right now

Starving artist doctor - well, not starving, but if you happen to have an extra biscuit lying around . . .
Picture of Causa Varmilly
posted Hide Post
I think I should not be watching Spotlight. It's only making me angry.

ETA: I think the thing keeping me watching is the astounding dignity of the Travers family. God.

------------------------------
You are a Leprechaun. I'm not even sure what you are. Whiskey-soaked reports from your baffling Isle of Ire raise more questions than they answer. Are you a dwarf? Where's your pickax? If you're an elf, why don't you cobble? You'd think with all your gold, you could invest in some land, perhaps a title, and improve your station. Instead, you hide it in meteorologically-determined locations. You're getting killed on inflation, little friend!

Posts: 9036 | Location: Belfast, NI | Registered: April 16, 2002Report This Post
was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
Finally cleaned off and sorted all the pictures on my camera. I appear to have dumped several of them on the board.

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4118 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Report This Post
stole the last root beer
Picture of Mischief the Polarbear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D M:
I thought Jews were roundheads

~~~~~~~~~~~~
(terms and conditions apply)

Posts: 8804 | Location: where do you think, you idiot? | Registered: April 08, 2003Report This Post
Adoration of the Modii
Picture of Masque
posted Hide Post
Goood Morning everyone!

Up, showerd and dressed, played with Brì Brì and Romi, checked email and webcomics.. all before 0600 and dont have to leave for appointment until 0800...

Hmm.. meaver heard us called "roundheads".. Jarheads - Marines
Squids - Navy
Grunts - Army (Marines can also be called this)
Airheads - Air Force
Puddle Patrol - Coast Guard

There are others...

graf and I can't recall atm the various nicknames for those in the Army, just specific groups (jobs) within the Army:

Leg - Infantry
Squints - Imagery analyst
Coneheads - Signal Analyst
Oxymorons - Military Intelligence
Wrench - Mechanic
Cowboys - Combat Helicopter pilots
Spoons - Mess Hall cooks
Gunbunny/Dagby - Vulcan gunners or heavy gunners (Dagby is the name the gun mechanics would call the gunners. graf tells that one group of mechanics painted on theier hummer "Dagby SAR"*)
Trashdigger - Counter-intelligence
(being that graf was an oxymoron, who played with crayons (all-source analyst), many he remembers are the intell-related ones)

Ones I remember from the Navy:
Smurf/ette (dungarees), Popeye, Good Humor Man/Ice cream man (working whites), Johnny Cash (working blues/blacks).. then the ones or some of the jobs:
Deck Ape - Boatswains Mate
Doc - Corpsman
Skate - Corpsman
Soccer Mom - Marine Transport

That's all we remember right now... but it's still early.. Big Grin

Dagby means "dumb-a$$ Gunbunny" and "Dagby SAR" is "dumb-a$$ Gunbunny Search and Rescue"

-- Give a man a fish, he eats for the day; Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime; Teach that man to cook, and he can feed the world....
Head chef in the Realm of Procrastination and Unproductivity, Dp.u.: "You want fries with that?"
Holder for the Golden Pineapple Pin.
------------------------------------------------
If it is on the plate, its food. If it crawls off the plate; Kill it and put it back on the plate.
------------------------------------
I love small furry creatures; especially in a good sauce.

Posts: 13941 | Location: In the Kitchen, Cooking Something. | Registered: March 08, 2005Report This Post
was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
*pokes shift*

*pokepokepokepokepoke*

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4118 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Report This Post
enlightened website user
Picture of the other duncan
posted Hide Post
C'mon, leave us alone, tryin' to sleep here!

*rolls over, falls off desk chair*

(not his real name)

Posts: 6861 | Location: darned eff I know | Registered: June 12, 2007Report This Post
Sittin' at the dock of the Bayeaux Tapestry
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
*is fighting the werkmonster and failing*

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35359 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Report This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Not quite happy with the tea I ended up buying. The store didn't have the tea I like. This stuff is OK, but it's not strong enough. I guess I'll go peruse Amazon.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Report This Post
Part-time avant garde shrubbery inspector who breaths fire and lets out a mighty YAHR!
Picture of ladykatza
posted Hide Post
my enthusiasm for work today is underwhelming at best.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Discordian Priestess, Keeper of the Golden Pine-Apple.

Has Been Assimilated.

blog or not

Posts: 8877 | Location: ain't from 'round these parts | Registered: August 02, 2004Report This Post