Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Shift 99. The Red Balloon Shift.
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 76

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Shift 99. The Red Balloon Shift.
 Login/Join

Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
*waves*

Glastonbury tomorrow! Big Grin

EP now available for FREE download! Click Here

"Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

a peek inside the whirlwind of my thoughts

Posts: 10543 | Location: deepest darkest somerset | Registered: December 31, 2006Report This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
oooh, Glastonbury! Have fun and I hope it doesn't get flooded!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Report This Post
is tired of these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane
Picture of general punk, MA
posted Hide Post
Six interviews this weekend:

one scientist
one huge writer (hint: his dark materials)
one psychologist/researcher
AND THREE PHILOSOPHERS

Do you know how hard it is to think of deep meaningful questions on the meaning of life when you've had 4.5 hours sleep the night before. O_O

Then on top of that had to read a book to interview a comedian this morning.

I need a less time consuming hobby. or more sleep. Or get paid for it. At least I seem to be getting a lot of free books lately Razz

High Ranking Official of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination,
Dean of the UUP, First Class member of the order of the Pineapple.
-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Report This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by general punk, MA:

one scientist
AND THREE PHILOSOPHERS

Do you know how hard it is to think of deep meaningful questions on the meaning of life when you've had 4.5 hours sleep the night before. O_O

I need a less time consuming hobby. or more sleep. Or get paid for it. At least I seem to be getting a lot of free books lately Razz

PULLMAN? WOO!

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24418 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Report This Post
is tired of these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane
Picture of general punk, MA
posted Hide Post
Yup. He is hilariously blunt.

Staunch atheist in league with Dawkins and Hitchens too. Not all cuddly like PZ Myers or Stephen Fry.

High Ranking Official of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination,
Dean of the UUP, First Class member of the order of the Pineapple.
-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Report This Post
Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by general punk, MA:

one scientist
AND THREE PHILOSOPHERS

Your life = awesome. Big Grin

"Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

Posts: 10543 | Location: deepest darkest somerset | Registered: December 31, 2006Report This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
My Sister and her boyfriend came for a visit this week end. (I had her itinery wrong they came on sat not sun) they just left and I have the rest of the day to run errens. It was a fun visit. I did the skype chat while they went to church.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: library lady,

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Report This Post
Sittin' at the dock of the Bayeaux Tapestry
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
Oh gawd, my stepdad got had by an internet scam - some people fooled him into granting him access to his PC. I thought I'd brought him up better'n that.

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35359 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Report This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
oh dear. I hope it's fixable and not too traumatic?

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Report This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D M:
Oh gawd, my stepdad got had by an internet scam - some people fooled him into granting him access to his PC. I thought I'd brought him up better'n that.

I bet it was the windows support centre one - they've been going for years. Got my father too!

Luckily they didn't get all the way with my dad and phoned back to complete the process ... this time they got hubby on the phone Big Grin Now that was a phone call worth listening too.

hubby : What country are you based in?
hubby : No, California isn't a country ...

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20599 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Report This Post
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
That's exactly the one Smaug! He said they told him that they could see alerts coming up on his computer and so he'd let them remotely access his computer. *wince* I said that was technologically and legally impossible for them to see without them having your prior permission.

I advised him to inform his bank.

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
Fortunately he didn't hand over any banking details but I said they might have used remote access to snoop around his cookies for bank details...

---

Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
mmmmmtea

Posts: 20852 | Registered: November 11, 2006Report This Post
is imperfectly illuminated
Picture of Murphy
posted Hide Post
Just issued a second legal case... it's becoming rather routine.

Wierd.

---------------
*is currently impressed*

Posts: 8147 | Location: London, England | Registered: July 25, 2001Report This Post
Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
Glastonbury today now!!!

*hugs murphy* is this second case related to the first case, or is it something different?

is imperfectly illuminated
Picture of Murphy
posted Hide Post
So jealous of Glatonbury! Feel sick I'm not going.

2nd case is because after the first case started the tenants stopped paying rent altogether and have generally decided to make life as difficult as possible... to the extent of refusing to let people in to view the property and when forced to let them in tried to put off the prospective tenants! So it's connected in part, I guess.

---------------
*is currently impressed*

Posts: 8147 | Location: London, England | Registered: July 25, 2001Report This Post
Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
Ugh, that's outrageous! What complete tw*ts. I hope you get it sorted out with the minimum amount of hassle for you (if that's even possible anymore...)

stole the last root beer
Picture of Mischief the Polarbear
posted Hide Post
Wink I'll be right. when they run I'm pretty sure I'll be able to track em down. Shall I say it? I kinda want to...
They can run, bu...
actually, I don't think I can say it.

And I want to live vicariously through your glasto experience! What are your major exitements?

~~~~~~~~~~~~
(terms and conditions apply)

Posts: 8804 | Location: where do you think, you idiot? | Registered: April 08, 2003Report This Post
Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
I can't stop checking my selling items on ebay. It is the BEST FUN.

Posts: 20852 | Registered: November 11, 2006Report This Post
was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
What are you selling?

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4118 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Report This Post