Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    The Job *Vibes* Thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 59
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Job *Vibes* Thread
 Login/Join

Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
i should find out today. oh god.

EP now available for FREE download! Click Here

"Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

a peek inside the whirlwind of my thoughts

Posts: 10543 | Location: deepest darkest somerset | Registered: December 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
*hugs'n'vibes*

Posts: 20852 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is huge in Japan
Picture of Crow Girl
posted Hide Post
*Extra Strength Vibes*

Posts: 6977 | Location: Fahrvergnügen | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is huge in Japan
Picture of Crow Girl
posted Hide Post
and *bump*

because I can't seem to find a non-nanny non-restaurant job.

And the US guvment doesn't want to give me a security clearance.

and stuff.

So for me and all of you still looking.

Posts: 6977 | Location: Fahrvergnügen | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
*vibes*

*also puts some vibes in the bank for March*

Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
Poo to the US govt, then. I think that if you were cleared to work at your last location, then they should give you clearance for now.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is huge in Japan
Picture of Crow Girl
posted Hide Post
My last job was a state job. I never worked for the Federal Guvment before.

They actually wanted me to give up my dual citizenship for a job that is contractually limited to three years in order to get a clearance!

Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
~vibes CG~

that's absurd! i hope you get some sense out of them soon.

"Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

Posts: 10543 | Location: deepest darkest somerset | Registered: December 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
quote:
They actually wanted me to give up my dual citizenship for a job that is contractually limited to three years in order to get a clearance!

fuck THAT for a game of soldiers!

is huge in Japan
Picture of Crow Girl
posted Hide Post
'xactly.

So I'm throwing myself upon the mercy of German employers from now on. Which will be tedious at best. *le sigh*

Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
*throws in some extra jobs vibes*

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20599 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always wears a tie - just not around his neck
Picture of Graffalke the Chrono-Illogical Alchemist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Domitella:
quote:

fuck THAT for a game of soldiers!

Yes, they can be a pain about clearances, I had a soldier that worked for me, his parents where US citizens, he was born in the US but he lived most his life in Canada due to his father's work. In order to get his Top Secret clearance he had to get paperwork from Canada ensuring he held no citizenship with them! We called him our Canadian spy Big Grin

(he did say "aboot" a lot)

Head of internal security of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination,  
Catnip Master in the order of the Pineapple.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Lost in Time.........and Space | Registered: February 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
now available in colour!
Picture of Liliaharas
posted Hide Post
Can i get in on this vibage?

I have a superiorly important interview with the House of commons in january for doorkeeper position!!!

I know i'd be great at the job, but now i need to sell myself at it, and i need to work on that one a bit, PLEASE VIBE!

~credo quia absurdum est
I believe it because it is absurd~

~bibamus, moriendum est
Let us drink, for we must die~

Posts: 2632 | Location: Londinium | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is huge in Japan
Picture of Crow Girl
posted Hide Post
That doorkeeper position sounds like it would be fantastic Smile

On my job seeking saga: I just got a call from a job agency who wants to meet with me in January to discuss some positions I might be interested in.

Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
awesome CG Smile

I am crossing my fingers for a call from the agency today with good news. But I think I'm probably getting my hopes up overly much.

Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
ok so apparently they can't officially sign anything until the guy who needs to do the signing gets back from christmas holidays...

...but essentially the job is mine! mine!! *dances*

Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
yaaay! *things going smoothly vibes*

Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
~~vibes for new years jobs for everyone~~

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20599 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lilith42
posted Hide Post
vibes that the economy get back on it's feet and there are plenty of jobs for those who really want to work!

Posts: 639 | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freelance metaphor inspector
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
Yay, Fion! And {{{vibes}}} for everyone still looking, in the midst of applications, or with impending interviews!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Posts: 22795 | Location: here | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post