Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Turn on! What are you watching?
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 26
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Turn on! What are you watching?
 Login/Join

waggish jackanape
Picture of Royko
posted
It's the fall season!

Tonight, Big Bang Theory AND House are both back! And that's just the beginning!

So what are you watching?

(I've been waiting all month to start this thread.)

---------------------------------------------------------------
So fluffy you could die.
(blog)

Posts: 6917 | Location: Chicago | Registered: October 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
I watched Merlin for the first time on Saturday - the first episode of series 2. (I hadn't watched any of series 1.) Utter hokum, hugely enjoyable.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15843 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
House is back in the states? Season 6?? Oh my god! I can't wait until it comes over to the UK

I just caught up with all the (recent) Doctor Who series'. The end of season 4 had me in floods and floods of tears.

EP now available for FREE download! Click Here

"Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

a peek inside the whirlwind of my thoughts

Posts: 10543 | Location: deepest darkest somerset | Registered: December 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pirate/Zombie/Hero
Picture of Jena
posted Hide Post
I'm with ya on Big Bang Theory- I can't wait!!

Also looking forward to Mentalist, Dollhouse, and Bones and Fringe already started last week. I'm sure there's stuff I'm forgetting, but those are the big ones for me.

Vice-Chancellor of the Heartless Bitch Council

Damn peer pressure

Posts: 5271 | Location: Sacramento, CA, US | Registered: August 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
Project Runway and Top Chef are already two or three episodes in, but they're my top shows at the moment.

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4109 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
meticulously avoids clarity
Picture of NicoleH
posted Hide Post
I'm so excited 'bout House returning! I'm going to be watching Heroes, Castle, Big Bang Theory, Bones, Supernatural and most likely Dollhouse too. Oh, and Mad Men and Dexter. Mm, short form telly.

----------------------------------------------------------
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

Posts: 2642 | Location: Tronno | Registered: September 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pirate/Zombie/Hero
Picture of Jena
posted Hide Post
Didn't Castle start already too?

Vice-Chancellor of the Heartless Bitch Council

Damn peer pressure

Posts: 5271 | Location: Sacramento, CA, US | Registered: August 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Castle starts tonight. Quite looking forward to knitting and swooning over Cap'n Tightpants. Smile

We are watching Big Bang Theory/whatever stoopid sitcom comes in between/HIMYM/thingy/Castle and father insists on taping Heroes. I can't even remember how Heroes ended, so I would much rather tape House, but I can also get House online, so yay. Fringe was ace, my friend called during Bones, so I missed some. Looking forward to Dollhouse too.

Was so interested in Glee until last week's beg ol' pile of meh.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
meticulously avoids clarity
Picture of NicoleH
posted Hide Post
I keep meaning to watch Fringe, I hear good things. I can't bring myself to though.. because.. well, it's Pacey gosh darnit!!

----------------------------------------------------------
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

Posts: 2642 | Location: Tronno | Registered: September 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
mutant hedgehog worm
Picture of halucinagenia
posted Hide Post
Well we have no TV, so we are on season 2 of dexter season 2 of house and season 3 of BSG

joy I have much to look forward too!

heres to chep tv series's at walmart!

Posts: 9895 | Location: The heart of gold | Registered: July 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
enlightened website user
Picture of the other duncan
posted Hide Post
We watched the Emmy's last night, not only for the return of Dr. Horrible, but just to keep our fingers on the pulse of stuff we know nothing about - there are so many award-winning series that we have never heard of, much less watched. Yep, peasants we are.

Completely missed that Fringe and Bones already started -- I have them queued to record, or thought that I had, but when they mess with the schedule and stuff like BBCa starts taking up room, I go and miss 'em -- I'll have to try and catch up online, or feh! (and lots of it!)

House is recording now, then Castle.
Will want to watch Bones and Fringe - gotta love the shows with the Boston-area connections, and with weirdness, too! It's like X-Files, upgraded with inappropriateness!

Been catching up on Torchwood, falling behind on Being Human, blew away 2 episodes of Mad Men Season II (we never watched Season I, so I guess maybe I should just stick it in the queue and not worry about it.)

Haven't re-jiggered the cabling to be able to pull off 'watch one thing, record another', so it's all a matter of 'find it on it's rerun night 2 days later, catch up all at once.

I did come across my ReplayTV receipt over the weekend, so I might be able to actually stop paying for the damn schedule - I'm pretty sure that I planned ahead and paid for the lifetime license, then went and lost the slip so I've essentially been paying them twice - (they must love me) -- unlike some, my filing skills are crap.

Well, they're not bad, but my filing places are crap, i.e. I don't have anywhere to put shit, and my scanner done broke so I can't do the default -scan to Documents- thing anymore.

wah.

Oh, right - watching. Nothing yet -- need a bit more buffer on House before I watch; besides, I need to cut a deal with T.O.O.B. - we need to coerce him to come downstairs and hang out with us from time to time rather than hole up in his room. Right now, myself, the missus and he are in separate rooms and separate 'puters, typing away -- well, we're typing, he's blasting.

anywho, that's the sit' -- Top Gear too, the occasional mythbusters - that's it for shows ... for now. Watched the pilot for Due South - has potential ..?

(not his real name)

Posts: 6861 | Location: darned eff I know | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
Due South is priceless!

enlightened website user
Picture of the other duncan
posted Hide Post
It looked to have potential -- where have I seen the lead?

(not his real name)

Posts: 6861 | Location: darned eff I know | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
He's in Slings and Arrows and H2O, and just did Passchendale.

Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
Paul Gross, the Mountie? He was in Slings and Arrows which, if you haven't seen it, you should. (ETA to add: beaten to it by Hive!)

We're currently watching House. Like, right now. Not enough of Andre Braugher and Hugh Laurie sharing the screen, but very good. Better than the entire third season, really.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
I am attempting to watch House. The hiccups from the digital signal are annoying, though.

~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~
Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10991 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smalltown:
Project Runway and Top Chef are already two or three episodes in, but they're my top shows at the moment.

Not so impressed by Project Runway this year, but Top Chef is turning out better than I thought it would. I mean, a Vegas season seemed like a terrible idea.

- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
waggish jackanape
Picture of Royko
posted Hide Post
I hated "Accidentally On Purpose" so much that I almost got physically violent over it. It is every horrible thing about the human condition distilled into one sitcom.

---------------------------------------------------------------
So fluffy you could die.
(blog)

Posts: 6917 | Location: Chicago | Registered: October 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Queen of New York
Picture of Dread Captain Psyko
posted Hide Post
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is back on the teevee.

All is right with the world.

Posts: 9561 | Location: Noo Yawk. | Registered: December 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
posted Hide Post
The season premiere of House was two hours long. I wasn't looking forward to it because, really, two hours of network television.

The season premiere of House was only two hours long. Damn.

- G.K. Chesterton