Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Turn on! What are you watching?
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Turn on! What are you watching?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maeve:

Oh, you're definitely in the right place! We love Firefly! Although we can't seem to make JP watch it.

What did you think of Serenity?

Posts: 49 | Location: Just outside the M25 | Registered: October 05, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Serenity answered a lot of questions and it was fun, but I preferred the tv show format.

If you mean the other thing... Too soon. *sniff*

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
quote:

Oh, you're definitely in the right place! We love Firefly! Although we can't seem to make JP watch it.

Not just JP. I tried with both the show and movie and just couldn't, at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12489 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Part-time amateur cardiologist
Picture of wanderinginmn
posted Hide Post
You should watch it with Llama. I blame her.

Big Grin

-Ivan.

Posts: 2051 | Location: MPLS, MN, USA | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Part-time amateur cardiologist
Picture of wanderinginmn
posted Hide Post
Finally getting around to Mr Robot S2.

3 episodes in. So far good Easter eggs (hack the gibson ftw).

One bit of um, what- 5 days to de-crypt a cryptolocker?!? lulz, try 40 years for a brute force.

Aside from that it seems to be a slow incline of playing with mental illness and corporate doom. Uffda, that kindof hits a bit close to home now that I type it. (IT gig for work and politics.)

Well maybe this will not turn into the Brit version of the office for me (too close to home for enjoyment)

Will report back as I watch, whee?

Wait, why does the doom song keep playing?

-Ivan.

Posts: 2051 | Location: MPLS, MN, USA | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
What am I not watching?

Not watching SlingTV, AGAIN.

This isn't a stream it's more like a trickle! Mad

Posts: 32901 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Furious:

This isn't a stream it's more like a trickle! Mad

Sounds like you should see a doctor for that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 12489 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Great wyrm of Toronto
Picture of Mythos
posted Hide Post
I will be watching The Completionist talk about Chrono Trigger on YouTube. Eventually.

Posts: 6059 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm finally starting The Man in High Castle. Seems appropriate, all things considered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
"Shiny" - the song from Moana. Over and over. On my phone, with Millie.

The song is great, but it's been stuck in my head for daaaaaaaays.

(The guy who sings it is SO GOOD, though. He gives every line such a snide little sneer. If you haven't seen Moana, you should totally do so).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8106 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
little. yellow. different
Picture of Psi
posted Hide Post
'the guy'? That's Jemaine Clement. Unless you're saying he doesn't do the singing, but it certainly sounds like him.

ETA - yes it is Jemaine singing, doing a semi-Bowie in places, and Moana is indeed excellent.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Psi,

Oh you young people. It's all tea and muffins and excitement in your world I expect.

Posts: 3195 | Location: Wolverton, Buckinghamshire, UK | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Started watching The OA and am loving it! That, combined with the Sense8 Christmas special... good tv gorgefest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Psi:
'the guy'? That's Jemaine Clement. Unless you're saying he doesn't do the singing, but it certainly sounds like him.

ETA - yes it is Jemaine singing, doing a semi-Bowie in places, and Moana is indeed excellent.

Yes! That guy, that's the "that guy" I meant. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8106 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Last week a local theatre played the Doctor Who Christmas Special and Dev found out just in time for us to go. There were six people in the theatre, including us. It was a fun romp of an episode though!

Now I'm watching Sherlock and my nose keeps interrupting. I wish this cold would just go away.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ugh that sherlock episode ruined just about everything good that happened in season 3.

Also, what the fuck, John

Posts: 49 | Location: Just outside the M25 | Registered: October 05, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JJWeir:
Ugh that sherlock episode ruined just about everything good that happened in season 3.

Also, what the fuck, John

I haven't watched it.

Mostly because a) Moriarty (just cheap) and b) Dark (just why?) and c) it looked pants.

Thank you for confirming.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20599 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smaug:

Mostly because a) Moriarty (just cheap) and b) Dark (just why?) and c) it looked pants.

I'll be honest, it's won me back around. The new episode was yes, dark and yes, more moriartyish but it repaired a lot of the damage it did in the last episode and I found myself getting really invested in the story.

That said, it had its issues, the baddies were a little tropey and Sherlock's getting too self aware for his own good in a 4th wall sense.

Once again the series is plagued by heteronormativity and this implied narrative that finding a woman will magically heal the various damages and massive character flaws of the man.

If you don't like the darkness, I wouldn't really bother, it seems to be actively trying to turn itself into some sort of psychological horror thing.

Although I just slammed it fairly hard, I did actually enjoy this week's episode and am looking forward to the next one. As I don't know you I can't personally recommend it but I can say its clever, sometimes funny and very compelling content.

Joe

Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Well, that was extra twisty. I don't wanna wait a whole week for the rest!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, that was extra twisty. I don't wanna wait a whole week for the rest!

Yours was rather more succinct than mine and had pretty much the exact same effect

Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
There was some Buzzfeed list that crossed my internet path yesterday or the day before, about hidden gems on Netflix/streaming. One of them was The Paradise. There's only two seasons and it's from a few years ago, so I think that's all of it. It's from the BBC, so, the accents totally win me over. It is set in erm... the past, 1800's?? IMDB tells me that it's set in 1875, in Newcastle England, and revolves around a newly opened department store - The Paradise. There's Below Stairs and The Gentry and squabbles and pretty clothes and it'll totally do for bingeknitting.