Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    The Type 40 TT Doctor Who Thread
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 92
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Type 40 TT Doctor Who Thread
 Login/Join

Sittin' at the dock of the Bayeaux Tapestry
Picture of D M
posted

Somewhere in the Space/Time Vortex, the TARDIS thrums its way through the outer dimensions of this Universe. Inside our Boardies have assembled in the Cloister Room for a well needed break. K9 serves sandwiches and ginger beer.

Just cos I want to get in there first Smile A new Doctor Who discussion thread!

Anyone checked out the animated stories on the BBC website? They're quite good.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: D M,

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35359 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
(Does this mean the old one can be locked and scheduled for recycling?)

Posts: 37700 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
Well I do remember seeing Smaug post somewhere that I was free to do one...but I can't find the post any more.

Smaugy?

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35359 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I was wondering whether or not there would be a new thread.

But we're all sort of staggered on our watching schedule. eh, I suppose we'll all catch up, yes?

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
I left it too late to watch the only good RTD episode! Waaaaah!

I'll have to wait until Mark gets it on DVD then rob his house.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Well, Midnight was RTD and that was fairly decent. We're actually pretty close to the end of the season, aren't we? I... don't want it to end.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
I thought Midnight was one of the best episodes this season, and I'd never have guessed it was an RTD one.

Is it the last one next week, or is it a two-parter?

Posts: 20852 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
unless people want to comment on the last ever episode of this season in the old thread, there is no reason not to lock it - but remember, it could be heading for the bye bye so perhaps you just want to continue here.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20599 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
OK - For those of us who are clueless *raises hand* just who or what is Davros? And what eps should I watch to clue me in?

And while the next show looks spectacular, it does seem like they've crammed every character from the last four seasons, plus everyone off the spin-offs into this one. plus daleks. wow.

Resting by the shade of the tumtum tree, yahr!
Picture of Moon Jester
posted Hide Post
Davros created the Daleks from the Kaleds... "The Genesis of the Daleks" with Tom Baker explains the whole creation of the Daleks, so I'd watch that if you wanna know about Davros.

-----~~-----
Cthulhu for president~Why vote for the lesser evil?

Posts: 9600 | Location: I was hoping you could tell me | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
Genesis of the Daleks is perhaps one of the most crucial stories in terms of developing the Doctor's history. Post-2005 Doctor Who cites the events of Genesis of the Daleks as the main pretext for the Time War.

---

Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Shiny! *wanders off to Netflix*

I'm gonna use all the time we have until 20-freakin-10 to catch up on Doctor Who! Smile (yes, I know we get some "specials" in between, feh, it's not enough!)

Only, Netflix doesn't really have everything and it's rather confusing for those of us (like me) who have a vague idea of the Doctors and storylines, but don't really know where to start.

Thankee Nyssa and Mark!

Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
Well I'm your man to ask if you need gaps filling! Smile

---

always wears a tie - just not around his neck
Picture of Graffalke the Chrono-Illogical Alchemist
posted Hide Post
cheeky aren't you? Wink

Head of internal security of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination,  
Catnip Master in the order of the Pineapple.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Lost in Time.........and Space | Registered: February 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
Red Face

---

of the sparkly hair brigade
Picture of del74
posted Hide Post
yay! a new thread!

The 75 Delirians?
Umm well, number 2 is off sick, 38 is suffering from a mild case of sanity, and 74 has

run off to the world of men to spread sparkly gigglepops to their drab civilization.
Is she nuts?
Oh yes, she scored very highly on the entrance exam!

Posts: 3128 | Location: springfield, il, 62703 | Registered: August 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
*looks around*

Hmm, I wonder where those stairs go?

---

Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Where is that picture from? I mean, reference-wise?

Personally, I think TheBoy's suggestion of having an ep of just trekking around the inside of the Tardis would be lots of fun! Maybe Serenity's universe is floating around in there. (I can hope, can't I? I miss that show)

always wears a tie - just not around his neck
Picture of Graffalke the Chrono-Illogical Alchemist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maeve:
Maybe Serenity's universe is floating around in there. (I can hope, can't I? I miss that show)

Yes, I can see the doctor opening up a door and seeing the crew of the Serenity, sitting around a table playing poker, then Jayne looks up and yells, "What the *&^*& you want?"

Head of internal security of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination,  
Catnip Master in the order of the Pineapple.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Lost in Time.........and Space | Registered: February 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maeve:
Where is that picture from? I mean, reference-wise?

It's from Doctor Who: Scream of the Shalka, an animated adventure released in 2003 with Richard E. Grant voicing the alternative Ninth Doctor.

They even modelled the Doctor's appearance on Grant:

---