Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    The Type 40 TT Doctor Who Thread
Page 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Type 40 TT Doctor Who Thread
 Login/Join

Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
I liked Smith, but Eccleston was my favorite, too, and I'm excited to see Capaldi in the role. Both Tennant and Smith felt a little too young to be in that role, sometimes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8106 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sittin' at the dock of the Bayeaux Tapestry
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
I'm happy with the casting, a confident move in a new (old) direction. I enjoyed Smith and will miss him, and am glad that as time goes by we are further and further away from the Tennant era, which pleases me.

But this is the cool thing about Who, everybody has a different view and everyone has a period they love and a period they hate Smile

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35359 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
I like the casting - he's a good actor, and I do think that he'll bring some much-needed gravitas.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48716 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:rattle:rattle:
Picture of When_lingers
posted Hide Post
My only problem is that I can't help but see him as Frobisher from Torchwood: Children of Earth. We'll see how he wipes that away as he takes up the doctor's coat.

Jeremy

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤
en boucle Claire Diterzi
"Come over here to where When lingers." Jig of Life -- Kate Bush
How's your jesus christ been hanging? Father Lucifer -- Tori Amos
Where When lingers and talks about music, books, art and life.

Posts: 1955 | Location: France | Registered: December 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
Trying to avoid any preview/spoilers of the 50th and Xmas special. To much speculation out there.

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
Hooray nine more episodes from Troughton's era have been recovered Smile

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35359 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
I'm having a Dr. Who party at the library on the 22nd. I have a few things planned, but was wondering if anyone had any suggestion?

+++

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Doughmaster
Picture of TheatreGeek
posted Hide Post
Any thoughts on the trailer and/or teaser clips that have been released?

~ Non-Mod-Amy, aka Amy of the Lost Ark

You are a Bookholder. To prompt, or...LINE! (not to prompt) --not to prompt. That is the question. Whether t'is nobler to suffer the slings and arrows of a bad memory, or to take arms against a sea of textual deviations, and...LINE! (by opposing) --by opposing them...LINE! (end) --end...LINE! (them) --end them...LINE! (to prompt, to correct; no more; and by a correction to say we end the heart-ache of a really terrible performance) You didn't have to give me the whole thing! I know it!

Posts: 11747 | Location: Michigan | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
Must say the trailer disappointed me actually. I can't imagine what the game-changer is going to be (I can't conceive of one when it's Doctor Who) and I'm still yearning for old Doctors to show up.

---

The Doughmaster
Picture of TheatreGeek
posted Hide Post
The one thing that I'm really looking forward to is watching Smith and Tennant play off of each other, because I think it will be great fun to watch. That being said, the trailer really doesn't give ANY clue of what the storyline might be, so it's hard to say if I think I'll enjoy it Smile

I'm still holding out hope for guest appearances by old Doctors and/or companions that Moffat has kept sooper seekrit.

You are a Bookholder. To prompt, or...LINE! (not to prompt) --not to prompt. That is the question. Whether t'is nobler to suffer the slings and arrows of a bad memory, or to take arms against a sea of textual deviations, and...LINE! (by opposing) --by opposing them...LINE! (end) --end...LINE! (them) --end them...LINE! (to prompt, to correct; no more; and by a correction to say we end the heart-ache of a really terrible performance) You didn't have to give me the whole thing! I know it!

Posts: 11747 | Location: Michigan | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by library lady:
I'm having a Dr. Who party at the library on the 22nd. I have a few things planned, but was wondering if anyone had any suggestion?

You should get some blue fabric and attach it to the door! And then paint the Tardis on it! And then when people come into the room in the library where you hold the party, they'll all yell "It's bigger on the inside!"

Honestly, I'm not sure. Do you guys have much Doctor Who fiction? Maybe you could do a steampunk fiction tie-in so you'd have a more robust book display? The Doctor isn't really steampunk but it would still be fun.

I would suggest against doing custard and fish-fingers as snacks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8106 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
Walk around in a blue Star Trek shirt saying "Dammit, Jim, I'm a doctor, not a time lord!"

----
My baby is cuter than your baby!

Posts: 12872 | Registered: February 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
I found a recipe that makes cookies that look like fish fingers. I am temped.

+++

Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by library lady:

We went to a DW thing at a library a couple of weeks back, and one of the things they had was a quiz trail, with "books" (I think they were old video cases) mocked up to look like relevant books from the DW universe, and shelved in the relevant bit of the library, and marked with the relevant Dewey number.

So, a Dalek manual would be in the bit where they have car manuals, "1001 ways with fish fingers" would be in the cookery section, "Sontaran bedtime stories" would be in military history, and so on.

Each kid would get a sheet of paper with the Dewey numbers next to the list of "book" titles, and have to search the library for them (incidentally learning how to use the Dewey system as they did it). Each time they found a "book", they'd look in it for the (big, cutout) single letter stuck in it, write that letter down, and put the book back where they found it for the other kids. Then when they'd got all the letters from the books, do a word scramble with them to get whatever suitably Whovian phrase/word you've chosen.

My kid really enjoyed this.

Edit to say: DOOOO IT! re fish finger biscuits!

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
I'll just leave this here...

Night of the Doctor

---

Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
Saw that on twitter.

....HOLY SHIT.

Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
Indeed. 'Bring me knitting!'

---

Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D M:
Indeed. 'Bring me knitting!'

That was my favourite bit! Smile

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
*bump* for librarylady and her DW day at the library.

The Doughmaster
Picture of TheatreGeek
posted Hide Post
Pleeeeeeeeeeeease let this be true: Tom Baker to appear in DW50th special