Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    who should 'play' you?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

who should 'play' you?
 Login/Join

the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
Jack Nicholson w/ a goatee.

What. We both look good wearing our shades.
Cool Razz

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
Me. I know the part, I wrote the script and I love theatre. Why not?

If not me, then John Candy.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half the man he used to be
posted Hide Post
a much younger james woods!

or maybe jude law if he was a lot uglier Smile

Posts: 411 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is in perfect karmic alignment
Picture of Punkyfins
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smaug:
quote:
Originally posted by Punkyfins:
Hmmm
Who i'd *want* to play me? Or who should?

either! both!

Most actresses seem too... I dunno. Eerily perfect and groomed and things.
So. Lily Taylor i guess, maybe (stretching it) Franka Potente?

Who i'd *want* to play me? Where do i start?
Steve Buscemi
Viola Davies
Kathryn Hepburn
Gloria Swanson
Woody Harrelson
Idris Elba
... and a lot of other people.
But I'm quite sure they have worthier ways to spend their time. Wink

-------------------
Blog: Room with a view.

~You are a *Taverner*.
Sometimes patrons want to go where everybody knows their names, though it helps when half of them are named John. When people want to celebrate, or commiserate, they gather to your establishment. You provide the atmosphere, the warmth, rum, and even an ear to bend. Did I mention the rum? Years before the language will be mangled with terms like facilitator and networking and interpersonal communication, you've overseen it all, and broken up a few bar fights, to boot.~
-Royko

Posts: 8667 | Location: Just north of Earth | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is imperfectly illuminated
Picture of Murphy
posted Hide Post
I'll go for ]Dominic West for me. With dyed hair and more stubble, and some ugly make-up!

---------------
*is currently impressed*

Posts: 8147 | Location: London, England | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Wicked Little Critta
Picture of Mr. Chadtastic
posted Hide Post
I was just thinking about this last night as I was watching Rockford Files. I'll say James Garner for me, somewhere between his Bret Maverick days and his Jim Rockford era.

We're about the same height, heavy eyebrows, dark hair, and brown eyes. Now if I only had that voice. That's a great narration voice he has.

-----------------------------
Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. Additional handling charges may be required.

Posts: 6928 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: November 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Are you my mummy?
Picture of Nemo888
posted Hide Post
Kiefer Sutherland,...

Posts: 851 | Location: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only sounds like Keith Flint
Picture of Rob!
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2193 | Location: LA... sort of. | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
This thread is very cool. It may even be slightly cooler than one that shows ACTUAL Boardie pics.

Makes you all THAT much more familiar. Smile

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
enlightened website user
Picture of the other duncan
posted Hide Post
Tony Perkins, but with glasses

(not his real name)

Posts: 6861 | Location: darned eff I know | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is in perfect karmic alignment
Picture of Punkyfins
posted Hide Post
I had Timothy Olyphant in mind for you, with glasses. Wink

-------------------
Blog: Room with a view.

~You are a *Taverner*.
Sometimes patrons want to go where everybody knows their names, though it helps when half of them are named John. When people want to celebrate, or commiserate, they gather to your establishment. You provide the atmosphere, the warmth, rum, and even an ear to bend. Did I mention the rum? Years before the language will be mangled with terms like facilitator and networking and interpersonal communication, you've overseen it all, and broken up a few bar fights, to boot.~
-Royko

Posts: 8667 | Location: Just north of Earth | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
now available in colour!
Picture of Liliaharas
posted Hide Post
i think the girl that played Ginny Weasley would be quite nice for me, with blonde hair and glasses.

If I can't get her Felicia Day

This doesn't have to be strictly reaslistic does it?

~credo quia absurdum est
I believe it because it is absurd~

~bibamus, moriendum est
Let us drink, for we must die~

Posts: 2632 | Location: Londinium | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
lives deliberately
Picture of Alaura
posted Hide Post
Kate Winslet. Ever since I saw her in Heavenly Creatures I have decided that she shall play me. Then after Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind my decision was confirmed.

Kate

moi

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Alaura,

ego forceps ergo ego forceps

"Chives?"�
"Yes, m'lud?"�
"Is that Ms Ephemera hovering over the croquet lawn?"�
"Indeed m'lud. She's marshalled all the haggle-dans. Missy-twigs and vale-nymphs from Claypole Woods. Apparently she intends to tear this house down and dance on the ruins."�
"Well, Chives, you'd better start the car, what? And pack my tennis things too"�
--- Joe 3Heads

Posts: 11426 | Location: In a perpetual state of Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cassiopeia
posted Hide Post
I guess it would have to be Rachel Weisz, since a friend once said she was the Hollywood version of me (whatever that means...). Otherwise Frances MacDormand, I think.

Posts: 5814 | Location: Behind bars - chocolate bars | Registered: April 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vampiric Scottie-bat trainer

posted Hide Post
There is no actress in my age group that looks even remotely like me... a younger Bette Midler or Kathy Najimi, perhaps (I don't have their resplendent nose, though)?

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
lives deliberately
Picture of Alaura
posted Hide Post
Ceri, Mayim Bialik played Bette Midler as a kid in Beaches, and she's now in her 30's. She's in The Big Bang Theory. Maybe she would be a better match for you?

Then again she, too, has what you so wonderfully refer to as a "resplendent nose." Big Grin

ego forceps ergo ego forceps

"Chives?"�
"Yes, m'lud?"�
"Is that Ms Ephemera hovering over the croquet lawn?"�
"Indeed m'lud. She's marshalled all the haggle-dans. Missy-twigs and vale-nymphs from Claypole Woods. Apparently she intends to tear this house down and dance on the ruins."�
"Well, Chives, you'd better start the car, what? And pack my tennis things too"�
--- Joe 3Heads

Posts: 11426 | Location: In a perpetual state of Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freelance metaphor inspector
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeZee:
Kathy Bates. No question.
No. Question. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Posts: 22785 | Location: here | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freelance metaphor inspector
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
For me? Hell, I have no idea. Throwing a name out there, why not Noah Wiley? Nemo already snagged Kiefer. Hmm. If anyone has any other ideas, I'd be intrigued to hear them. I suck at this sort of thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Posts: 22785 | Location: here | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vampiric Scottie-bat trainer

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alaura:
Ceri, Mayim Bialik played Bette Midler as a kid in Beaches, and she's now in her 30's. She's in The Big Bang Theory. Maybe she would be a better match for you?

Then again she, too, has what you so wonderfully refer to as a "resplendent nose." Big Grin

I love me some Blossom, but she's far too skinny to play me.
I need someone much more... rubenesque.

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
needs a blanket very badly. The better to "yahr" you.
Picture of Alinda, the lost girl in long stockings
posted Hide Post
J.K.Simmons
...what? get a wig on him and he can wing it.

"If you are going to get anywhere in life you have to read a lot of books." Roald Dahl
"I still love the book-ness of books, the smell of books: I am a book fetishist - books to me are the coolest and sexiest and most wonderful things there are." Neil Gaiman
"Even so, there is no excuse for putting pineapple on pizza." Terry Pratchett

Have you fed your adorable, lovable and huggable lost girl lately?
"Continued exposure to the Lost Girl's avatar causes people to forget how to count and to repeat things." Joe_3Heads

I obey the Alaura
High Priestess in the Alaurian Movement

Posts: 9940 | Location: under a big red blanket, somewhere in milano, italy, europe, earth | Registered: September 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post