Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    World's End End of the World Apocalyptic Film Festival
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

World's End End of the World Apocalyptic Film Festival
 Login/Join

In control
Picture of Caspian
posted
If you were going to put together an apocalyptic film festival, what movies would be essential?

----------------
Never stare into a car's headlights and freeze, because you'll either be run over or shot.

Posts: 1769 | Location: Everywhere you wanna be. Like Visa. Or is that American Express? | Registered: February 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is in perfect karmic alignment
Picture of Punkyfins
posted Hide Post
28 days later. Smile

-------------------
Blog: Room with a view.

~You are a *Taverner*.
Sometimes patrons want to go where everybody knows their names, though it helps when half of them are named John. When people want to celebrate, or commiserate, they gather to your establishment. You provide the atmosphere, the warmth, rum, and even an ear to bend. Did I mention the rum? Years before the language will be mangled with terms like facilitator and networking and interpersonal communication, you've overseen it all, and broken up a few bar fights, to boot.~
-Royko

Posts: 8667 | Location: Just north of Earth | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is tired of these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane
Picture of general punk, MA
posted Hide Post
Children of Men

High Ranking Official of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination,
Dean of the UUP, First Class member of the order of the Pineapple.
-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
Road Warrior

----
My baby is cuter than your baby!

Posts: 12872 | Registered: February 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
Batman & Robin.

Not a post-apocalypse movie, but more a sign of the end of OUR world.

Red Dawn.
The Road.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48716 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
mini Charleton Heston cheese-fest: Planet of the Apes, The Omega Man and Soylent Green.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
12 Monkeys (also applauding Planet of the Apes- - - and anything else involving my kind.)
AND
A Boy and his Dog <~~~ Late nite double feature. Rated "R".

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scootie Pie
posted Hide Post
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
The Book of Eli
Stake Land

Posts: 258 | Location: The Land of Awesome. Population: Not You | Registered: September 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*102 gold stars*
Picture of Cavenagh
posted Hide Post
Annie.

Hermits have no peer pressure

Posts: 8099 | Registered: April 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
Last Night - th2 1998 Canadian apocalypse film, not the 2010 romance. Trailer here.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
Escape from New York
Escape from L.A.
Serenity (What, they clearly say, "Earth that was got used up." That's an apocalypse)

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48716 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cavenagh:
Annie.

Too scary Cavenaugh!
Hahahahahaha

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
lives deliberately
Picture of Alaura
posted Hide Post
WALL-E (for a little light hearted post-apocalyptic family fun)

Terminator (all of em)

Logan's Run

I Am Legend

The Stand

And I would have a kiosk where festival-attendees are invited to play the Fallout games.

ego forceps ergo ego forceps

"Chives?"�
"Yes, m'lud?"�
"Is that Ms Ephemera hovering over the croquet lawn?"�
"Indeed m'lud. She's marshalled all the haggle-dans. Missy-twigs and vale-nymphs from Claypole Woods. Apparently she intends to tear this house down and dance on the ruins."�
"Well, Chives, you'd better start the car, what? And pack my tennis things too"�
--- Joe 3Heads

Posts: 11426 | Location: In a perpetual state of Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cris Carballo
posted Hide Post
A few movies that can't be left out:

Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis
Akira Kurosawa's Dream: Mount Fuji in Red
Planet of the Apes
Reign of Fire
Terminator Salvation

Posts: 2 | Registered: December 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vampiric Scottie-bat trainer

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cris Carballo:
A few movies that can't be left out:

Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis
Akira Kurosawa's Dream: Mount Fuji in Red
Planet of the Apes
Reign of Fire
Terminator Salvation

Maeve said Planet of the Apes already, and Alaura said all of the Terminators...

Also, hello new person! Welcome to the Board! Big Grin

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is imperfectly illuminated
Picture of Murphy
posted Hide Post
You see, I want to bring the mood down. It's all a bit jaunty at the moment.

So I give you a triple bill where the descent towards death and desolation is inexorable.

On the Beach
The Road
When the Wind blows.

---------------
*is currently impressed*

Posts: 8147 | Location: London, England | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In control
Picture of Caspian
posted Hide Post
Okay based on what has been suggested, if I was ACTUALLY going to have a Apocalyptic Film Festival my list as of now is (still in need of editing, and could happily be added to) is, in no particular order:

Dawn of the Dead (the old one)
Dawn of the Dead (the new one)
28 Days Later
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
The Road
Children of Men
Shawn of the Dead
Waterworld
The Postman
The Last Man on Earth
Omega Man
I am Legend (the new one, but with the good ending)
Terminator
Wall-E
Last Night
Planet of the Apes (the old one)

----------------
Never stare into a car's headlights and freeze, because you'll either be run over or shot.

Posts: 1769 | Location: Everywhere you wanna be. Like Visa. Or is that American Express? | Registered: February 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cris Carballo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ceridwen:

Maeve said Planet of the Apes already, and Alaura said all of the Terminators...

Also, hello new person! Welcome to the Board! Big Grin

Hello! Smile Thanks for the welcome!
Well, it seems that the lists will be kind of similar after all; we all like the same movies Smile

Posts: 2 | Registered: December 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Samael
posted Hide Post
Akira
Battle Royale
Blade Runner
City of Rott
Doomsday
The Seventh Sign
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
In the Mouth of Madness
Kaïro (Original movie Pulse was based on)
Last of the Living
Legion
Lifeforce
Ninth Gate
Prince of Darkness
Resident Evil series
Salò: The 120 Days of Sodom
Silent Hill
Stacy
13 Ghosts (Remake)
Titan AE
Undead
Village of the Damned
Wizards
Zombieland

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Samael,

--
You are utterly the stupidest, most self-centered, appallingest excuse for an anthropomorphic personification in this or any other plane!

Posts: 28 | Location: Canada | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In control
Picture of Caspian
posted Hide Post
Okay you guys. I'm having friends over to start watching apocalyptic movies. Then, after every one, I may wander on here to post my thoughts. I'll tell you what we're watching and when so you can play too if you want to.

This Saturday we're starting with Planet of the Apes (Charlton Heston version).

----------------