Find
Notify
Tools

Top Gear.
 Login/Join

has no member title
Picture of His Noodle Girl
posted Hide Post
Hmpf. I'm the only one who's interested in the percentage drop in reseller price of used German cars?

__
I like it maybe 63 percent!

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahr!
Picture of FatPigeon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marvinmarymac:
They did a survey that basically went 'So, how much attantion do you pay to the motoring bits and how much are you watching for the cool cars and the cocking about?'

Consensus was cool cars and cocking about...

The cocking about is definitely what makes the show special.

I still liked the car reviews and the market tips from the old show though.

Well, the car reviews anyway.

~ Gal-El

I don't have a drinking problem. What I have is a drinking solution.

Posts: 16427 | Location: Haifa, Israel | Registered: August 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahr!
Picture of FatPigeon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Babylon the Bride:
Hmpf. I'm the only one who's interested in the percentage drop in reseller price of used German cars?

No, just the only one who isn't actually German.

~ Gal-El

Posts: 16427 | Location: Haifa, Israel | Registered: August 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Starving artist doctor - well, not starving, but if you happen to have an extra biscuit lying around . . .
Picture of Causa Varmilly
posted Hide Post
quote:
i just like it when Hammond wins Big Grin it was ace how the fastest time to get through London was via Bike and Boat!!

I loved the 'We broke Top Gear. We broke Top Gear!'

------------------------------
You are a Leprechaun. I'm not even sure what you are. Whiskey-soaked reports from your baffling Isle of Ire raise more questions than they answer. Are you a dwarf? Where's your pickax? If you're an elf, why don't you cobble? You'd think with all your gold, you could invest in some land, perhaps a title, and improve your station. Instead, you hide it in meteorologically-determined locations. You're getting killed on inflation, little friend!

Posts: 9036 | Location: Belfast, NI | Registered: April 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is tired of these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane
Picture of general punk, MA
posted Hide Post
i know!!

Seriously though, the Stig on the tube? There are no words to express the joy and feelings of awesome.

High Ranking Official of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination,
Dean of the UUP, First Class member of the order of the Pineapple.
-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Starving artist doctor - well, not starving, but if you happen to have an extra biscuit lying around . . .
posted Hide Post
I know!
I wish I'd been on the Tube that day. So funny!

You are a Leprechaun. I'm not even sure what you are. Whiskey-soaked reports from your baffling Isle of Ire raise more questions than they answer. Are you a dwarf? Where's your pickax? If you're an elf, why don't you cobble? You'd think with all your gold, you could invest in some land, perhaps a title, and improve your station. Instead, you hide it in meteorologically-determined locations. You're getting killed on inflation, little friend!

Posts: 9036 | Location: Belfast, NI | Registered: April 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i think i have the dvd with the robin reliant on it...i know it has the mini ski jump one...

-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahr!
Picture of FatPigeon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by silly punk:
i think i have the dvd with the robin reliant on it...i know it has the mini ski jump one...

The Robin shuttle was ep' four of season 9.

I really wanted that to work, but the explosion almost made up for the failure.

~ Gal-El

posted Hide Post
I felt so sorry for them. They really tried hard on that one.

Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
 grumblegrumbleBBCamericararelyshowsTopGeargrumble 

Posts: 32868 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
mutant hedgehog worm
Picture of halucinagenia
posted Hide Post
Fifth Gear is meh Razz

It's such an obvious rip (well it was originally as they were very similar) but even then it was boring and definately is way more boring now!

But as for the London one, all I could think about the Public Transit and Car segments was "your going the wrong bloody way!" I reccon I could have won that by Public Transit by using the Jubilee line. Okay thats what is wrong with Living by City Airport!

Posts: 9895 | Location: The heart of gold | Registered: July 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wigber
Picture of Newromancer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hive-mind:
Oh, lordy, you don't watch Top Gear for the hard facts!

Exactly, this is just pure entertainment.

But beside that, the German car shows and all their technical information got it all wrong.

I drove maybe 20 of the compact cars (Fiat Punto, Opel Corsa, Renault Clio,Modus, Nissan Micra, Ford Fiesta, etc..) available on the Market today, and I have to say all the technical information is just bollox. What difference does it make if the car needs .1 l more or less on every 100km? Or if the boot is 2% bigger? Nothing. They all have roughly the same features, same space, same perfomance, are equally reliable and drive simillary bad.

If anything this so called technical information gives you only the illusion that you can rationalize your dession.

Top Gear got that X factor spot on. Most cars are just white goods, and it really is about finding the ones that have this indefinable something that sets them appart from the rest. Makes them truly desirable.

And if you are really interested in the reseller price of used (German) cars, none of the TV shows will give you any informations.
Buy a copy of Classic Cars. A 1978 W123 200 saloon is currently worth around 2000 GBP.

If you want to be entertained and roll on the floor laughing ... watch Top Gear.

Posts: 373 | Location: Cyberspace | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahr!
Picture of FatPigeon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by halucinagenia:
Fifth Gear is meh Razz

I just watched a few YouTube clips.

Indescribably Meh.

~ Gal-El

has no member title
Picture of His Noodle Girl
posted Hide Post
If possible, I'd like a mix, though. Smile

(And you won't believe this...but I actually do look into the car magazines for that kind of info. Well, I don't really have to as hubby has it all saved in his head. But sometimes I look things up to prove him wrong and he never is. Razz)

__
I like it maybe 63 percent!

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Click here!
Picture of Tismalleen
posted Hide Post
I can't believe this. I escape my Top Gear watching husband to this board, and what do I see here?
*cries out in frustration*

✄--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.

Posts: 2413 | Location: fluttering about | Registered: September 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you cannot escape!!!

mwah ha ha!

Yahr!
Picture of FatPigeon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tismalleen:
I can't believe this. I escape my Top Gear watching husband to this board, and what do I see here?
*cries out in frustration*

My work here is done proceeding apace.

~ Gal-El

Sittin' at the dock of the Bayeaux Tapestry
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
*joins the Top Gear lovefest*

I loved Simon Cowell and Jeremy Clarkson's slagging match this Sunday Big Grin

Oh, and two weeks ago when they took the cheap cars through Botswana, and driving through the salt flats with just the engine and car frame to minimise weight - 'why don't they build all cars like this?'

*snigger*

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35348 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
and Hammond is having his shipped to England! bwah ha ha ha!

Wigber
Picture of Newromancer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by silly punk:
and Hammond is having his shipped to England! bwah ha ha ha!

Oliver!

Posts: 373 | Location: Cyberspace | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post