Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Yes, I'm actually here
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yes, I'm actually here
 Login/Join

particle metaphysicist
Picture of Melancolí­a: Hunter Writer
posted
After all, it's not like I've ever forgotten you and this place...

I have missed you guys, and while I can't promise I'll be here regularly, I can at least say hi, chat a bit and tell you how horribly I've missed you (that is, a lot).

God is everywhere, except within us, so we can look for Him, and find Him.

- Reverend Esau Senn
, Butterfly Wings (my ongoing novel)

Posts: 6590 | Location: The southern end of the world | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Adoration of the Modii
Picture of Masque
posted Hide Post
Welcome Back, Mel!

How've you been?

I'm (and vicariously graffalke) back after an extended hiatus..

We're in a new house with land and also have a new puppy..
graf is almost finished with college (gets his AA at the end of Summer)
We still have Romi and Lori.. they're fine too... Big Grin

-- Give a man a fish, he eats for the day; Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime; Teach that man to cook, and he can feed the world....
Head chef in the Realm of Procrastination and Unproductivity, Dp.u.: "You want fries with that?"
Holder for the Golden Pineapple Pin.
------------------------------------------------
If it is on the plate, its food. If it crawls off the plate; Kill it and put it back on the plate.
------------------------------------
I love small furry creatures; especially in a good sauce.

Posts: 13941 | Location: In the Kitchen, Cooking Something. | Registered: March 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
particle metaphysicist
posted Hide Post
You know, I could have definitely done better these last 3 years, and I'm not doing quite good, either, but I've found a few answers, learned to detach from material things and kept writing.

Kids, however, are a subject I'm not ready yet to talk about.

Marriage went all theway down to hell. Love is great, though, and the main source of my happiness, my antidote against this ruthless world, my pillar of flame through the desert.

I had to get back to mother's place because, besides being unemployed, I was assaulted last week, where I used to live (that's "battery", right?).

So, once again, trying to rise from the ground.

- Reverend Esau Senn

Posts: 6590 | Location: The southern end of the world | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
particle metaphysicist
posted Hide Post
Sorry to ask, but, what's AA?

(I don't think it stands, in this case, for Anonymous Alcoholics)

- Reverend Esau Senn

Adoration of the Modii
Picture of Masque
posted Hide Post
Associate of Arts

-- Give a man a fish, he eats for the day; Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime; Teach that man to cook, and he can feed the world....
Head chef in the Realm of Procrastination and Unproductivity, Dp.u.: "You want fries with that?"
Holder for the Golden Pineapple Pin.
------------------------------------------------
If it is on the plate, its food. If it crawls off the plate; Kill it and put it back on the plate.
------------------------------------
I love small furry creatures; especially in a good sauce.

Posts: 13941 | Location: In the Kitchen, Cooking Something. | Registered: March 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Doughmaster
Picture of TheatreGeek
posted Hide Post
Ian, my Ian!

*hugs tight*

I've missed you, my dear friend. We should talk, and soon.

I love you, but you know that Smile

You've seen the wedding pictures of David and I, right? If not, I'll send you a link to the online album.

*hugs again*

*doesn't let go*

~ Non-Mod-Amy, aka Amy of the Lost Ark

You are a Bookholder. To prompt, or...LINE! (not to prompt) --not to prompt. That is the question. Whether t'is nobler to suffer the slings and arrows of a bad memory, or to take arms against a sea of textual deviations, and...LINE! (by opposing) --by opposing them...LINE! (end) --end...LINE! (them) --end them...LINE! (to prompt, to correct; no more; and by a correction to say we end the heart-ache of a really terrible performance) You didn't have to give me the whole thing! I know it!

Posts: 11747 | Location: Michigan | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
particle metaphysicist
posted Hide Post
My Amy! I have so missed you, too. Badly.

*astral hugs*

And I love you too, which you also knew.

I did see a couple of pics, but I'd be more than glad (and begging) to watch the whole album.

*hugs. 'cause I might go away for a bit, but I'll be back. 'cause here is home*

- Reverend Esau Senn

Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
Awww. The world feels better when I can see your name on the first page.

Welcome back, Ian.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8106 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freelance metaphor inspector
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
Holy cow! Who are you again?! Wink
Always welcome, my friend. Always good to see you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Posts: 22795 | Location: here | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
particle metaphysicist
posted Hide Post
*glares at JP*

Thank you so much, Jocelyn. It is good to feel so warmly welcome Smile

*hugs JP*

Same to you, always happy to see you.

- Reverend Esau Senn

Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
Ack! Ian!

*squishyhugs*

Welcome back dearheart.

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24418 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
lives deliberately
Picture of Alaura
posted Hide Post
*welcome back hugs to Ian*

I'm glad to see you again...this is a safe haven, isn't it?

ego forceps ergo ego forceps

"Chives?"�
"Yes, m'lud?"�
"Is that Ms Ephemera hovering over the croquet lawn?"�
"Indeed m'lud. She's marshalled all the haggle-dans. Missy-twigs and vale-nymphs from Claypole Woods. Apparently she intends to tear this house down and dance on the ruins."�
"Well, Chives, you'd better start the car, what? And pack my tennis things too"�
--- Joe 3Heads

Posts: 11426 | Location: In a perpetual state of Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
Smile

and so, another one returns to The Nest.

welcome back Ian.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20599 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
Welcome back, Melancolia! Glad to see you around!

Posts: 37700 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Welcome back! I don't know you very well, but they all do and I trust them.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
badger, yahr, badger, escher
Picture of daysleeper [if I'm lucky]
posted Hide Post
Ian! <3 So glad to see you here again! You have been very missed, you know.

I'm very sorry to hear that you have been having some bad times lately. I hope things improve soon.

Posts: 8216 | Location: georgia | Registered: November 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maeve:

Likewise! *proffers a bunch of flowers*

I'm sorry to hear you've been having a hard time - may things improve for you as soon as they may.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
particle metaphysicist
posted Hide Post
Thanks, BeeZee. Squishyhugs are always good Smile

Alaura, it is indeed a haven, but only because all of you remain here. Without you, this place would be just another URL.

Smaug (I knew you were an admin now, but still, congrats on that), you can call this a nest, one that always pulled my heart in a good way - if I didn't come back earlier was only 'cause I had to deal with internal issues first; since after all this time I'm not yet done I might as well come here anyway, to meet the people who's always helped me to heal. And have fun.

Amy-tapata! I'm glad to see you too.

Maeve, thanks for the trust. And yes, I trust them, too (though I remember you. not clearly, butI do)

Wait, former daylseeper? Why aren't you a daysleeper anymore (which is a very, very good thing)? Anyway, had I known that I was so missed perhaps I'd come back earlier Smile

And don't worry about me having rough times. First, because everyone seems to be having'em; second, because I'm always in trouble - seriously, when haven't I been doing bad? ; and finally, because I rather count my (few) blessings than misfortunes or losses - hard to do, but I strive to be a more positive person in the face of adversity (usually failing, ut I keep trying Wink )

*grouphug*

- Reverend Esau Senn

particle metaphysicist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hive:
quote:
Originally posted by Maeve:

Likewise! *proffers a bunch of flowers*

I'm sorry to hear you've been having a hard time - may things improve for you as soon as they may.

Thanks for that. Specially for the flowers, 'cause I never get flowers and, oddly, I'd like to, regardless that I prefer plants.

*hugs Hive*

- Reverend Esau Senn

The Biscuitkeeper
Picture of Matt Cable
posted Hide Post
Hey Ian!

It's so nice to see you. I'm glad you found your way back. Smile

Posts: 10768 | Location: Michigan | Registered: April 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post