Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Shit Hit The Fan Sale
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shit Hit The Fan Sale
 Login/Join

Smiter of the Stupid
Picture of Saint NightWalker
posted Hide Post
I just looked at the auction with a calculator.

Holy. Crap.

A few items (Bowl, Magian Line) haven't hit reserve, and eBay is going to take a fat chunk in fees... but still.

I am amazed.

Donut: "Oh man, that is a BURN. Dude, you just got BURNED. BURN, dude. BURN."
Simmons: "Oh, shut up! Your armor's pink."

Posts: 2507 | Location: SoCali, USA, Earth | Registered: June 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freelance metaphor inspector
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
I'm really happy this is working out for you, Walker. Hell, if you have to part with the stuff for crappy reasons, you sure damn well get what you need out of it! Hopefully tomorrow you see a last minute spike in bidding Smile to push those last little bits over the reserve.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Posts: 22795 | Location: here | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
Amen!

Pushin' for the spike! Wishing you all the BEST Bro!

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
Did you reach what you hoped for?

(And I hope the regret at parting with the stuff will be leavened a little by knowing that the people who bid for them really, clearly wanted them.)

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
Does an item sell if it doesn't reach reserve? I'm never sure how that works.

I'm hoping for a big last minute push today! I'm excited to see how much that Coraline book has jumped up. Hopefully the statue isn't too far behind.

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4118 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Are you my mummy?
Picture of Nemo888
posted Hide Post
Can you make a Karma auction item for like 5$ ?? Make a lot of 100. If we all pitch in,...

Posts: 852 | Location: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smiter of the Stupid
Picture of Saint NightWalker
posted Hide Post
Hive: It's coming in slowly... the final totals after eBay fees/Paypal fees/donations are yet to be seen. It's going spectacular, though!

smalltown: If an item doesn't meet reserve, it doesn't sell. So the Bowl and the Magian Lines are still here.

Crazy thing is... a couple winning bidders have already said "Here's the money for the (X), instead of shipping it, put it up in your new place."

Totally. Fucking. Stunned.

Nemo: Kitty set up a straight donation via Paypal button here: http://kittysneverwear.blogspo...estopening-soon.html

Scroll to the bottom of the page.

Donut: "Oh man, that is a BURN. Dude, you just got BURNED. BURN, dude. BURN."
Simmons: "Oh, shut up! Your armor's pink."

Posts: 2507 | Location: SoCali, USA, Earth | Registered: June 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
Smile I'm glad to hear that things are going good with this!

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
badger, yahr, badger, escher
Picture of daysleeper [if I'm lucky]
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saint NightWalker:
Hive: It's coming in slowly... the final totals after eBay fees/Paypal fees/donations are yet to be seen. It's going spectacular, though!

smalltown: If an item doesn't meet reserve, it doesn't sell. So the Bowl and the Magian Lines are still here.

Crazy thing is... a couple winning bidders have already said "Here's the money for the (X), instead of shipping it, put it up in your new place."

Totally. Fucking. Stunned.

Nemo: Kitty set up a straight donation via Paypal button here: http://kittysneverwear.blogspo...estopening-soon.html

Scroll to the bottom of the page.

Awesome! So glad this is going well. Ditto what JP said!

quote:
Originally posted by JP:
Hell, if you have to part with the stuff for crappy reasons, you sure damn well get what you need out of it!

Posts: 8216 | Location: georgia | Registered: November 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
WHO THE F*CK LET THE TROLL IN?

Godsdammit, I have *told* y'all to lock the doggie door when you leave.

Now there's really OLD crap all over the floor.

Somebody get a mop.
And a shovel
And a cattle prod. This one is dense.

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24418 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeZee:

Godsdammit, I have *told* y'all to lock the doggie door when you leave.

Now there's really OLD crap all over the floor.

Somebody get a mop.
And a shovel
And a cattle prod. This one is dense.

Mopped, shoveled and ... I ain't proddin' THAT mess.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48716 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeZee:

Wow. Hi to you too.

j/k Razz

Posts: 32901 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
It feels like Saint NightWalker should be here as well for this send off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12489 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freelance metaphor inspector
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ophelia's Vengeance:
It feels like Saint NightWalker should be here as well for this send off.

I do believe he was pinged on the Twitter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Posts: 22795 | Location: here | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post